Owning Water Frontage

Closed Thread
Old 09-30-2022, 03:17 PM

Are you serious? Whether you are a non-climate change believer or a climate change believer, hurricanes have been happening for thousands of years and will continue to occur regardless of what humans do. There have been high intensity hurricanes, low intensity hurricanes, and everything in between. These will continue and that is a fact. Do you seriously think that by reducing carbon emissions, going all electric, eliminating fossil fuels is going to alter what is happening hurricane-wise? These are forces of nature and there is only one being who has control of that.
Old 09-30-2022, 03:49 PM
Gold member

Too each their own… everyone has a different reason why they would and why they would not.
Old 09-30-2022, 04:24 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael G. View Post
Why would you own water frontage in Florida with chance of it getting blowen away?
The real question should be: Will you be able to have a home on water frontage in Florida?

I have no doubt after this catastrophic damage is totaled from Ian a lot of insurance companies will no longer ensure water front properties, or will have such exorbitant rates the average or above average person will not be able to afford them.
Old 09-30-2022, 07:27 PM
Default My idea is . . .

My idea is to buy a lot about 5 rows back in a flexible zoned beach area. Park my RV on it. May be build a deck above it as shade and a view. The lots will have access to utilities, too. I can live at the beach or spend a lot of time there with friends and family. When a big blow is predicted, I just drive my RV away to my house or to a safer location. Have my cake and eat it, too.
Old 09-30-2022, 08:01 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,152 Times in 824 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by csue925@gmail.com View Post
My idea is to buy a lot about 5 rows back in a flexible zoned beach area. Park my RV on it. May be build a deck above it as shade and a view. The lots will have access to utilities, too. I can live at the beach or spend a lot of time there with friends and family. When a big blow is predicted, I just drive my RV away to my house or to a safer location. Have my cake and eat it, too.
I have a friend that sells RV lots in Ft Myers between $95,000 and $180,000.
Yep, those prices are correct.
I actually laughed out loud in disbelief when he told me what a lot sold for at the time.
And those lots are 1/2 hour from the beach.

I haven't heard from him since Ian, maybe he's out of a job by now.
Old 10-02-2022, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-flat View Post
Can't buy into this climate being shoved down our throats there's an agenda behind all this.
Follow the money and watch those who are the vocal proponents. There is a lot of money being made by a small minority of people.

Likewise the high visibility proponents of climate chain are mostly hypocrites. Obama buys a beach house in Martha's Vinyard. John Kerry and DiCaprio live in their private aircraft flying everywhere selling the impending doom.

Electric cars save the planet yet the electricity to power them is not a consideration. The batteries that make the electric cars are destroying the earth but they are not using fossil fuels. The mental gymnastics required to think one is better for the environment than the other is beyond comprehension.

I do believe in taking care of the earth, conserving our natural resources and recycling where beneficial. All that being said, if one honestly things man can change the natural climate cycles they are more gullible and simplistic than there is help for them.
Old 10-02-2022, 09:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,773 Times in 1,547 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStarAirlines View Post
Follow the money and watch those who are the vocal proponents. There is a lot of money being made by a small minority of people.

Likewise the high visibility proponents of climate chain are mostly hypocrites. Obama buys a beach house in Martha's Vinyard. John Kerry and DiCaprio live in their private aircraft flying everywhere selling the impending doom.

Electric cars save the planet yet the electricity to power them is not a consideration. The batteries that make the electric cars are destroying the earth but they are not using fossil fuels. The mental gymnastics required to think one is better for the environment than the other is beyond comprehension.

I do believe in taking care of the earth, conserving our natural resources and recycling where beneficial. All that being said, if one honestly things man can change the natural climate cycles they are more gullible and simplistic than there is help for them.
My only comment is in regard to your last sentence. 1, 100 or even a million humans living in harmony with nature would likely have no effect on climate. But humans have multiplied exponentially into billions not living in harmony with nature, polluting the lands and seas with non-biodegradable poisons and plastics, destroyed much of the natural world and terra formed the planet for industry and profit. Although I like my lifestyle and the luxuries of my current existence, it doesn't blind me to the realities of the destruction that billions of humans scrubbing the planet can do and have already done. Personally, I think it naive to think humanity has not affected climate in at least some small way.
Closed Thread

Tags
water, frontage, owning, florida, chance

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.