Palm Springs Reigned in Air BnB…

Old 06-11-2024, 05:36 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,776 Times in 1,013 Posts
Default Palm Springs Reigned in Air BnB…

Palm Springs reigned in Air bnb (STR).
They are still allowed, but they are limiting the number in any neighboorhood. Some people are seeing a 33% decrease in property value.
If interest rates drop, owners can’t refinance due to loan to value ratios.

“Palm Springs home values are in a free-fall after the city began cracking down on short-term rental permits, according to the Los Angeles Times.”

https://ktla.com/news/california/pal...own-on-airbnb/
Old 06-11-2024, 06:50 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,226 Times in 614 Posts
Default Why Refinance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_lecki View Post
Palm Springs reigned in Air bnb (STR).
They are still allowed, but they are limiting the number in any neighboorhood. Some people are seeing a 33% decrease in property value.
If interest rates drop, owners can’t refinance due to loan to value ratios.

“Palm Springs home values are in a free-fall after the city began cracking down on short-term rental permits, according to the Los Angeles Times.”

https://ktla.com/news/california/pal...own-on-airbnb/

Cracking down on rentals is a good thing. Rentals cause instability in a market like your last lines show. Leave STRs to the hotel groups, not to residential neighborhoods. Values are falling everywhere anyway. What one thinks is a cause, another thinks as a problem. Myself, I believe price drops are just a correction to pre pandemic trends, as it has to go that way sooner or later. Not many can say they love an unstable residential neighborhood with STRs on both sides of them. It’s because most prefer to live in a residential atmosphere with less chaos.

“Everyone may not be good, but there's always something good in everyone. Never judge anyone shortly because every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” - Oscar Wilde
Old 06-12-2024, 06:45 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,161 Times in 1,371 Posts

I have a friend in Virginia that lives in a nice small town. In the past year a neighbor started Air B&B. Terrible. Just terrible for his family. Something needs to be done about these rentals for the good of the neighbors.
Old 06-12-2024, 07:25 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,336 Times in 582 Posts

When I brought this up a year ago, everyone sided with the AirBnb owners... Anyone that owns AirBnb properties don't care about property values..if anyone out there that has rental properties, you know what i'm talking about... pretend to be nice to your neighbors is rule number 1

Tags
springs, palm, reigned, air, loan

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.