Pay Pal

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Old 01-24-2015, 08:10 AM
Sage

Been using it for years, merchants pay the 2.9% transaction fees unless they do higher volume then it drops to 2.2%.

I set the Long Island club up with it for buying tickets etc, 640 members all but about a dozen still mail checks the old school way, all others love it and use it every month.
Old 01-24-2015, 09:21 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza View Post
Your post sounds like half a story. I have been using PayPal since its inception. It is owned by eBay. Although I've never had an issue paying with any of my credit cards, Paypal is probably the safest way you can pay for anything.

If money was removed from your checking account three times witout permission, I will tell you it wasn't PayPal that did it. You were scammed!
PayPal was unable to explain why they were attempting to remove $3k from my bank account. They admitted they were doing it but could not explain why. My PayPal account had not been used for any purchases. Each of the three times they tried to take the money, I would contact them and they said they would cancel the transaction. They did not and finally someone from the operations center at CFB was able to resolve it after contacting PayPal. Needless to say I cancelled my account.
Old 01-24-2015, 09:29 AM
Gold member
Default You told your credit company...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap2415 View Post
.?
PayPal is a very reasonable service and it protects you so that your credit card info is not out there.
Also, one time I purchased something online and I clicked on the form to pay and it did nothing, so I clicked again but this time used PayPal and guess what..I was charged twice and told no refunds. I contacted the credit card company and was told sorry, too bad...I called Pay Pal and they said...oh yeah...we will get it back and did immediately.
Panjo uses PayPal and it is really cheap for the sellers to use....I say it is good for everyone.
and was told "to bad"???? That is one lousy company....mine would have removed the charge.

Never click a "purchase" link more than once...always hit the back key and then start over...thought it was common sense...guess not eh?
Old 01-24-2015, 10:17 AM

I have used PayPal for many years without a problem. I have it linked to a Visa card which I use for online purchases only and NO access to my bank account. It is my opinion that PayPal is the safest way to shop online.
Old 01-24-2015, 10:21 AM
Platinum member

Thumbs up for Paypal. I think it is a generational thing. Many younger people don't even own a checkbook. They have Paypal...
Old 01-24-2015, 10:26 AM

Opened a Pay Pal account several years ago to shop on EBAY. Got phished more than a few times and decided it wasn't worth the risk.
Old 01-24-2015, 10:33 AM
Veteran member

I've been using Google wallet for several years (same system that Apple copied). Kind of funny that people think younger folks use paypal. It's kind of like facebook. Used to be a young folks thing, then the older folks started using it and the younger folks moved on to the next big thing.
Old 01-24-2015, 10:59 AM
Sage

They have 157 million accounts, I don't think you have to worry.
Old 01-24-2015, 02:37 PM

When you get phished by a Pay Pal look alike you are asked to give credit card information. Having 157 million accounts just means the scammers have a better chance of finding an unsuspecting person.
53 million people had there information taken from Home Depot. Read there promise of your information security. Besides the nuisance of getting new credit cards, there is one big upside. I'm expecting my check for $45,000,000 from Mr. Sterling to be arriving any day!!!
Old 01-24-2015, 05:45 PM

Spring Chicken nailed it.......these things might have a "generational" aspect to them at first look, but but it almost as if the younger, or current, generation often times "skips" a generation in technology. PayPal was the main thing for our kids group maybe 5-7 yrs ago.....but these days, besides scanning checks to make deposits and shredding the paper, most are using thing like Venmo or the like to move cash around - whether it's splitting a dinner check, or paying back for a taxi or movie ticket. I've been using it to get quicker (and less troublesome!) paybacks from the kids for stuff they owe me for. Goes right into the bank account!
Old 01-24-2015, 07:32 PM
Sage

If you worry about Paypal, think about giving your credit card to a waitress it goes out of your site, the numbers can be written down and stolen, bigger risk than Paypal

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.