Please -read this!

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old 02-12-2015, 10:31 AM
Walter123 Walter123 is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 924
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter123 View Post
Why seven people?
I'd really like to know, why seven people? Is there a significance to that number or is it random?
  #17  
Old 02-12-2015, 10:35 AM
dbussone's Avatar
dbussone dbussone is offline
Sage
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,836
Thanks: 0
Thanked 84 Times in 77 Posts
Default

A beautiful thought. Nothing like a smile to make you feel good, and nothing like doing something nice to earn that smile.
__________________
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill
  #18  
Old 02-12-2015, 11:06 AM
onslowe onslowe is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Manhattan, the Bronx, Eastern LI, Village of Woodbury
Posts: 419
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Thank you for that wonderful post.
  #19  
Old 02-12-2015, 11:20 AM
Chi-Town's Avatar
Chi-Town Chi-Town is offline
Sage
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 6,585
Thanks: 26
Thanked 579 Times in 290 Posts
Default

Nice post. Looking forward to the miracle stories.
  #20  
Old 02-12-2015, 12:04 PM
Abby10 Abby10 is offline
Sage
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 6,438
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter123 View Post
I'd really like to know, why seven people? Is there a significance to that number or is it random?
First of all, thanks 2B, for the thoughtful post.

The only possible answer that I can think of to your question above, Walter, is that the number 7, biblically speaking, often refers to the number of perfection or completion. Maybe someone with more biblical knowledge can expand on that, but that would be my guess.
  #21  
Old 02-15-2015, 01:54 PM
Walt.'s Avatar
Walt. Walt. is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Bronx, Brooklyn, Yonkers, Miami, The Villages.
Posts: 499
Thanks: 5
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Do people actually think this is a true story?
__________________


Slaughter on 10th Avenue (and more) -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMo6w...gbuFRTT06nS9pn

State holding your money? Find out now.
Florida: http://www.fltreasurehunt.org/index.jsp
Other States: http://www.missingmoney.com/Main/StateSites.cfm
  #22  
Old 02-15-2015, 04:37 PM
graciegirl's Avatar
graciegirl graciegirl is offline
Sage
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 39,399
Thanks: 4,186
Thanked 4,688 Times in 1,605 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt. View Post
Do people actually think this is a true story?

Walt. Walt. Walt.

This was an inspiring story. Biting the back of my hand.

I am betting you have never ever even BEEN to Ohio.
__________________
It is better to laugh than to cry.
  #23  
Old 02-15-2015, 05:20 PM
Walt.'s Avatar
Walt. Walt. is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Bronx, Brooklyn, Yonkers, Miami, The Villages.
Posts: 499
Thanks: 5
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Walt. Walt. Walt.

This was an inspiring story. Biting the back of my hand.

I am betting you have never ever even BEEN to Ohio.
Did I ever tell you about the time I found a bag of cash in the street? I went to a nearby orphanage and donated it. As I was leaving a nun came up to me and said "Thank you. There is a blind girl here who needs $10,000 for an operation. That's exactly how much is in the bag."
Years later I was in a car crash and had an emergency operation that saved my life. The doctor came in to see how I was doing. After a short chat about overcoming adversities she told me of her life in an orphanage and how a stranger provided the money for an operation. That inspired her to become a doctor. I was amazed... but said nothing.
After she left I asked one of the nurses what that doctor's name was.
She said... "Oh... you mean Dr. Smith... Dr. Karma Smith!!

Good story. Inspirational too.
No.. I've never had that thrill of being in Ohio. I understand that young rich executives drive their Jaguars through there all the time though...
__________________


Slaughter on 10th Avenue (and more) -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMo6w...gbuFRTT06nS9pn

State holding your money? Find out now.
Florida: http://www.fltreasurehunt.org/index.jsp
Other States: http://www.missingmoney.com/Main/StateSites.cfm
  #24  
Old 02-15-2015, 06:21 PM
graciegirl's Avatar
graciegirl graciegirl is offline
Sage
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 39,399
Thanks: 4,186
Thanked 4,688 Times in 1,605 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt. View Post
Did I ever tell you about the time I found a bag of cash in the street? I went to a nearby orphanage and donated it. As I was leaving a nun came up to me and said "Thank you. There is a blind girl here who needs $10,000 for an operation. That's exactly how much is in the bag."
Years later I was in a car crash and had an emergency operation that saved my life. The doctor came in to see how I was doing. After a short chat about overcoming adversities she told me of her life in an orphanage and how a stranger provided the money for an operation. That inspired her to become a doctor. I was amazed... but said nothing.
After she left I asked one of the nurses what that doctor's name was.
She said... "Oh... you mean Dr. Smith... Dr. Karma Smith!!

Good story. Inspirational too.
No.. I've never had that thrill of being in Ohio. I understand that young rich executives drive their Jaguars through there all the time though...

It shows.
__________________
It is better to laugh than to cry.
  #25  
Old 02-15-2015, 06:27 PM
dbussone's Avatar
dbussone dbussone is offline
Sage
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,836
Thanks: 0
Thanked 84 Times in 77 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
It shows.
I've been in Ohio many times. And have enjoyed all my visits - business related. But Gracie, I love my New England home. I hope you won't take offense.
__________________
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill
  #26  
Old 02-15-2015, 09:40 PM
Walt.'s Avatar
Walt. Walt. is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Bronx, Brooklyn, Yonkers, Miami, The Villages.
Posts: 499
Thanks: 5
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
It shows.
Ah yes... I understand Youngstown is lovely this time of year...
__________________


Slaughter on 10th Avenue (and more) -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMo6w...gbuFRTT06nS9pn

State holding your money? Find out now.
Florida: http://www.fltreasurehunt.org/index.jsp
Other States: http://www.missingmoney.com/Main/StateSites.cfm
  #27  
Old 02-16-2015, 04:48 AM
graciegirl's Avatar
graciegirl graciegirl is offline
Sage
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 39,399
Thanks: 4,186
Thanked 4,688 Times in 1,605 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt. View Post
Do people actually think this is a true story?

Frequently people offer posts of inspiration on this forum. They are meant to make us stop and think and value what we have and maybe try to help others or at least be patient with others.

The person who posted this is a very decent and kind and very well read gentleman and a frequent visitor to our home. We have known him on this forum for many years and many of us followed his struggles, waiting for his home to sell in Connecticut in a down market. He without fail always welcomed a new villager with the words. "Congratualations. You are living the dream". This went on for several years and finally just over a year ago, maybe two now, he arrived here and found a home and started living the dream himself.

Joe is an avid reader of history and I have two hefty books that he brought me sitting on my coffee table right now. Two biographies of presidents.

He has a charming and very successful son and a delightful granddaughter who have both visited our home. Joe cooks up a mean pot of "macaroni". He is a real person who is very well liked by dozens of folks here in The Villages.

He offered this story as an inspiration. Joe, himself, is an inspiring man.
__________________
It is better to laugh than to cry.

Last edited by graciegirl; 02-16-2015 at 05:21 AM.
  #28  
Old 02-16-2015, 10:53 AM
Walt.'s Avatar
Walt. Walt. is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Bronx, Brooklyn, Yonkers, Miami, The Villages.
Posts: 499
Thanks: 5
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post

He offered this story as an inspiration. Joe, himself, is an inspiring man.
It without doubt that Joe is an outstanding guy and his contributions to this site are a welcome addition.
I simply asked "Does anyone think it was a true story."
As for Ohio. Any state that elects John Kasich is OK by me.
__________________


Slaughter on 10th Avenue (and more) -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMo6w...gbuFRTT06nS9pn

State holding your money? Find out now.
Florida: http://www.fltreasurehunt.org/index.jsp
Other States: http://www.missingmoney.com/Main/StateSites.cfm
  #29  
Old 02-16-2015, 05:46 PM
2BNTV's Avatar
2BNTV 2BNTV is offline
Sage
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,696
Thanks: 1
Thanked 114 Times in 46 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt. View Post
It without doubt that Joe is an outstanding guy and his contributions to this site are a welcome addition.
I simply asked "Does anyone think it was a true story."
As for Ohio. Any state that elects John Kasich is OK by me.
I see you lived in Yonkers, N.Y.

I was born and raised in Yonkers, N.Y., on Waverly St and Park Hill Ave, (just two blocks from Mt. Carmel Church).

Where did you live in Yonkers?
__________________
"It doesn't cost "nuttin", to be nice". MOM

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
  #30  
Old 02-17-2015, 03:01 AM
Walt.'s Avatar
Walt. Walt. is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Bronx, Brooklyn, Yonkers, Miami, The Villages.
Posts: 499
Thanks: 5
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post
I see you lived in Yonkers, N.Y.

I was born and raised in Yonkers, N.Y., on Waverly St and Park Hill Ave, (just two blocks from Mt. Carmel Church).

Where did you live in Yonkers?
Back in the early 60's I lived on Hawthorne Ave. at the Leake & Watts Childrens Home. At the time it wasn't a prison-type facility that it seems to have turned into. Graduated from Yonkers HS in '63. Were you one of the "Park Hill Angels?"
__________________


Slaughter on 10th Avenue (and more) -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMo6w...gbuFRTT06nS9pn

State holding your money? Find out now.
Florida: http://www.fltreasurehunt.org/index.jsp
Other States: http://www.missingmoney.com/Main/StateSites.cfm
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:32 AM.