Political Thread, Closed

Closed Thread
Old 03-01-2011, 05:06 PM
Sage
Location: grew up in NYC and lived my adult life in Northern NJ; and now a resident of TV in Bonita
Send a message via AIM to RichieLion

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaParkersburg View Post
Please don't take this the wrong way RichieLion, but when I read what you replied to eweissenbach with, I saw both insult and sarcasm. I may be to stupid to properly interpret what you meant, but it sounded like a personal attack to me. Sorry if what I read was not the way you meant it to sound.
Seriously. eweissenbach referred to me by name. He then insults me. My response to his insult is what offended you, but not his insult. It gets curiouser and curiouser, as Alice would say.
Old 03-01-2011, 05:18 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieLion View Post
Seriously. eweissenbach referred to me by name. He then insults me. My response to his insult is what offended you, but not his insult. It gets curiouser and curiouser, as Alice would say.
... and you've brought so much to the table for the betterment of all. I just can't believe that they don't show you the respect that you so richly deserve... Hmmm ... ingrates. I too am dismayed.
Old 03-01-2011, 06:32 PM
Sage
Location: grew up in NYC and lived my adult life in Northern NJ; and now a resident of TV in Bonita

Quote:
Sorry Richie, I find your posts are generally well written and witty, but usually offensive in a stir the pot kind of way. Don't be offended, its just my opinion and we know what they say about opinions.

In a debate it's good to stir the pot. To some people it's just offensive if you disagree with them and especially so if you prove them wrong, particularly if you link the proof.

If you have a "delicate nature", I guess it's just as well for you to avoid conflicting opinions of any sort.

I always just bring my opinions to the fore and link articles I find, and hope others might find, interesting and informative. There are those of different convictions that cannot debate the point and instead insult me. I'm not alone in this, by the way. All the "conservative" posters on this forum have experienced it in one form or another. We're not supposed to respond to this, I assume, because then we become "offensive" as opposed to the poster badly responding to us.
Old 03-01-2011, 09:04 PM

The reason I was questioning the decision to close the thread was I didn't get a chance to respond. My response would have been a question. Why was this thread even allowed on the general discussion thread? This goes to prove that any political thread has to go to the political forum. The three pages of replies only shows that even rational people respond poorly and sometimes very rudely when even slightly challenged. When the political forum was made open only to subscribers, I applauded that decision. Please keep the other threads clean of political posting.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:08 PM
Sage

See what happens when I'm away from ToTV for too long? Looks like I'm going to have to start posting again. whistle, whistle, whistle, whistle
Old 03-02-2011, 06:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkcunningham1 View Post
See what happens when I'm away from ToTV for too long? Looks like I'm going to have to start posting again. whistle, whistle, whistle, whistle
You can whistle, and you can dance and you can sing....but what you do best is write.

Your writings tell how you feel politically without rancor, without venom and your words are clear, precise and perfectly understandable. You are well informed, well researched in what you say and your ability to lay hands on appropriate information immediately astounds me. There are times I don't agree with something but that is only because our values differ slightly...but even then I keep thinking....you MUST be right.

If ONLY the rest of us had your beautiful mind, your kind heart and your very clear writing style.

YOU are the best writer in the political forum. YOU are the best writer on TOTV. I have missed you BK.

Where is that "I have spoken" thingy?
Old 03-02-2011, 09:56 AM
Sage

Quote:
I know I sound like a broken record, but I must come back to my main point. Be polite in your rebuttal and you will have a better chance of gaining supporters for your cause. But if you only wish to drive them away or have a desire to raise someones blood pressure, then be sarcastic. If I had your staying power and writing ability, I personally would put it to use bringing more folks into the Conservative way of thinking AND VOTING.

My post was more of a collective "you" and not meant to refer to only "you" or even "you". I attempt to be clear in my writing and it seems I am often unsuccessful. You were speaking for a group of people and I responded in kind, and you took it personal. That is one of the problems in written forums.

When a poster has an idea, and another poster disagrees with that idea; it is extremely difficult to disagree with that idea without disagreeing with the originator of the idea, as the originator and his idea are one and the same and he is bound to take it "personal".

When someone solves that conundrum please let me in on it.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.