If you or yours are flying ALLEGIANT AIR>>

Closed Thread
Old 04-15-2018, 07:46 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts
Default If you or yours are flying ALLEGIANT AIR>>

Do yourself a favor - look up today's 60 MINUTES segment on Allegiant Air. They fly in/out from Sanford Airport and many other airports.

I will not editorialize or give my opinion here - BUT - research and watch their findings. Also, I'm disgusted with the FAA if this story is true.

Here's a link>

Allegiant Air: The Budget Airline flying under the radar - 60 minutes investigation - CBS News
Old 04-15-2018, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanFL View Post
Do yourself a favor - look up today's 60 MINUTES segment on Allegiant Air. They fly in/out from Sanford Airport and many other airports.

I will not editorialize or give my opinion here - BUT - research and watch their findings. Also, I'm disgusted with the FAA if this story is true.

Here's a link>

Allegiant Air: The Budget Airline flying under the radar - 60 minutes investigation - CBS News

I watch it. I will never fly Allegiant. The guy from the FAA should be fired. He might as well given the 5th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-15-2018, 07:59 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,338 Times in 555 Posts

A crash waiting to happen if things don’t change.......
Old 04-15-2018, 08:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,000 Times in 5,366 Posts

I don't believe anything they say on 60 Minutes. It is one of the most slanted and biased shows on television. All they care about is ratings.
Old 04-15-2018, 08:27 PM
Sage

We've flown with them and never had an issue. The piece said "not everything has been disclosed". So not believing it at face value.
Old 04-15-2018, 08:33 PM

You get what you pay for. Old aircraft and outsourced maintenance.
Old 04-15-2018, 08:38 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuctba View Post
I watch it. I will never fly Allegiant. The guy from the FAA should be fired. He might as well given the 5th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did you see the woman who weighed about 400 pounds and was concerned about the safety of the airline? If she is concerned about her safety, maybe she should lose about 200 pounds. The FAA guy said that all of the safety issues of Allegiant had been addressed, but the 60 Minutes guy didn't want to hear that and did not even follow up on that response. 60 Minutes just wants to present whatever will get them high television ratings. The show is a joke.
Old 04-15-2018, 09:08 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

60 minutes has the most biased reporting of any show. Go and research the story they did on Caterpillar tractor and then watch the rebuttal show. They lied, took statements out of context, and just reported false information.

They did the exact same thing with Illinois power. And they did a full hour rebuttal and showed how they lied. It's a show I will never again watch. They have zero credibility.

And based on their past reporting means it's probably a good airline to fly.
Old 04-15-2018, 09:15 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2ridehd View Post
60 minutes has the most biased reporting of any show. Go and research the story they did on Caterpillar tractor and then watch the rebuttal show. They lied, took statements out of context, and just reported false information.

They did the exact same thing with Illinois power. And they did a full hour rebuttal and showed how they lied. It's a show I will never again watch. They have zero credibility.

And based on their past reporting means it's probably a good airline to fly.
I agree. It is a horrible show. We have no way to know the total content of what the FAA guy said because 60 Minutes probably interviewed the guy for an hour and then edited out all the parts that didn't support their story that Allegiant is the worst airline in the world.
Old 04-15-2018, 09:26 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,480 Times in 550 Posts

You may believe that 60 Minutes offers biased reports. However the Tampa Bay newspaper reported much the same information, as did the Orlando Sentinel.
Thousands of people flew Allegiant thinking their planes wouldn’t fail. They were wrong. | investigations | Tampa Bay Times

Records detail Allegiant flight incidents - Orlando Sentinel

Incidents for airline Allegiant | AeroInside

There is, I believe an FAA site that documents all sorts of in-air incidents, but I can’t find it right now.
Old 04-15-2018, 09:48 PM
Sage

The real story here is that we are paying the FAA millions of dollars to regulate the safety of all airlines. 60 Minutes is insinuating that they are not doing their job. But, instead of attacking the FAA for incompetence, they have chosen to single out and attack a small airline and tell people not to fly on it. Why didn't 60 Minutes address the overall issue that they apparently believe that the FAA is not doing their job. Isn't that the real story to be reported? Are they saying that Allegiant is the only airline that is unsafe. 60 Minutes should be ashamed of themselves for presenting this ridiculous attack on a small, independent airline when their apparent real target is the FAA. The FAA guy said that Allegiant had addressed all of their safety issues. 60 Minutes didn't have any rebuttal for that statement.
Old 04-16-2018, 06:03 AM

All stories backed by Big Buck Airlines trying to squash the little guy, come on, open eyes!
Old 04-16-2018, 06:18 AM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I don't believe anything they say on 60 Minutes. It is one of the most slanted and biased shows on television. All they care about is ratings.
Old 04-16-2018, 06:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,647 Times in 1,361 Posts

I flew down southwest, last week. Lady sitting next to me said her son worked for allegiant. He has the ability to fly her on any airline, with same discounts except Delta.
She mentioned that he prefers not to fly her on allegiance. I figured it was due to going to Sanford. She said no she flys to 11 different cities that allegiance flys, She had only flown allegiant once. At the time I did not think to ask why.
Old 04-16-2018, 07:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I agree. They are a bunch of vindictive idiots.

They did a show about some people I knew many years ago. These people invited them into their homes, served them dinner and spent a lot of time with them. Everything was very cordial and it sounded like it was going to be a great piece that would be of benefit. We were all shocked when we tuned in and saw this horrible hit piece that damaged these people's reputation and business.

Almost none of it was true and the parts that were true were spun to make them seem negative.

It's suspected that one of the executives at CBS had invested in a competing company.

I stopped watching that program after that.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Closed Thread

Tags
allegiant, air, research, watch, findings

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.