R. I. P. Matthew Perry

Closed Thread
Old 10-29-2023, 05:42 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by margaretmattson View Post
My heart goes out to his family. No parent wants to live the horror of their child dying. Heartbreaking!

I know this is terribly wrong timing. But, is it a good idea to exercise and over exert yourself for two hours then get in a hot tub? Doesn't your body need time to cool down?
You have to be in very poor health for that to be a problem and probably should be doing light workouts that your doctor approves of. I believe that a sauna and a jacuzzi would have similar physiological effects.

It Can Stress the Heart — Especially for Those With Pre-existing Conditions

The Benefits (and Drawbacks) Of Hitting the Sauna After Working Out, According to Pros - PT Central

Where are our TOV doctors when you need them?
Old 10-29-2023, 06:11 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ithos View Post
You have to be in very poor health for that to be a problem and probably should be doing light workouts that your doctor approves of. I believe that a sauna and a jacuzzi would have similar physiological effects.

It Can Stress the Heart — Especially for Those With Pre-existing Conditions

The Benefits (and Drawbacks) Of Hitting the Sauna After Working Out, According to Pros - PT Central

Where are our TOV doctors when you need them?
Interesting article, thanks! I guess it would also depend on what temperature the hot tub is set and how long a person stays in it. I'm not sure. I do not use them because a good friend got an infection from one. If I hear the word infection, I stay away!

Last edited by margaretmattson; 10-29-2023 at 07:05 PM.
Old 10-30-2023, 07:02 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
Age 54, apparently in a hot tub, no sign of foul play.

'Friends' star Matthew Perry dead at age 54 of apparent drowning: report
We read the news. Don’t understand why people need to repeat it on TOTV.
Old 10-30-2023, 07:43 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,076 Times in 539 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugchief View Post
Cause of death is allegedly drowning. How do you drown in a hot tub unless you are so drugged/boozed out that you don't realize that water is filling your lungs?
Having a cardiac event?
Old 10-30-2023, 08:12 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,076 Times in 539 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendi View Post
That was my first thought too. It's not like we weren't bombarded with his death yesterday.... I doubt it was news to anyone this morning.

As for those who had such nasty things to say about him. His words, "The best thing about me, bar none, is that if an alcoholic or drug addict comes up to me and says, 'Will you help me?' I can say yes and follow up and do it," he said. "When I die, I don't want Friends to be the first thing that's mentioned. I want that to be the first thing that's mentioned, and I'm going to live the rest of my life proving that."
Old 10-30-2023, 08:46 AM

Maybe a heart attack?
Old 10-30-2023, 09:15 AM

I can tell you for a fact that he stayed in that hot tub too long. I did the same thing when I was younger at a party. I had not even started drinking yet. They rented a hot tub and no one had even got in it yet so i saw my chance to get in it before anyone else. They were all in the house so I stripped down to my trunks and climbed in. Next thing I knew I was laying on the ground with screaming and someone pushing on my chest. They told me that a girl was on the deck and noticed that I was laying on the bottom of the tub! I ended up in the ER and never even found out her the girl was that saved my life. I limit myself to 15 minutes now in any hot tub.
Old 10-30-2023, 09:17 AM

A man, most probably a good man, has just passed away prematurely. His fame and fortune absolutely do not matter any more. Only sympathy for him, his family and friends should matter now.
To all you snarky people out there - please refrain from your nasty posts. If you can post nicely then please don't post at all. Find another activity to fill your sorry lives.
Old 10-30-2023, 10:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,025 Times in 1,018 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugchief View Post
Cause of death is allegedly drowning. How do you drown in a hot tub unless you are so drugged/boozed out that you don't realize that water is filling your lungs?
one of the earlier reports suggested cardiac arrest
Old 10-30-2023, 10:48 AM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,651 Times in 1,775 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterstang View Post
I can tell you for a fact that he stayed in that hot tub too long. I did the same thing when I was younger at a party. I had not even started drinking yet. They rented a hot tub and no one had even got in it yet so i saw my chance to get in it before anyone else. They were all in the house so I stripped down to my trunks and climbed in. Next thing I knew I was laying on the ground with screaming and someone pushing on my chest. They told me that a girl was on the deck and noticed that I was laying on the bottom of the tub! I ended up in the ER and never even found out her the girl was that saved my life. I limit myself to 15 minutes now in any hot tub.
I never get into my hot tub alone. People sometimes complain I do not keep the water hot enough but better safe than sorry - or dead.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 10-30-2023, 01:02 PM
Gold member

As beautiful as life is, it can be very difficult at times and just suck at other times. We all have probably gone through very hard times. I see no benefit to attacking him for poor choices. I do not know what life threw at him, and if he screwed up, he ended up paying for it.

Try and make life a bit better for those you meet.
Old 10-30-2023, 02:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,170 Times in 5,393 Posts

Quote:
This is a discussion page.
Old 10-30-2023, 03:16 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,651 Times in 1,775 Posts

Quote:
The news was in the title. If you were saturated with the news and not interested why did you open the post?

May I assume no one was holding a gun to your head?

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 10-30-2023, 04:17 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
It is because we are human beings who have a desire to discuss our feelings, common experiences and memories.

What I don't get is why some want to chastise other peoples discussions in which they do not find interesting.

Have you ever been to Reddit? You would have a field day there.
Old 10-30-2023, 09:14 PM
Thanked 1,137 Times in 248 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
15 rehabs, 65 detoxes.
Having to be associated with such an awful & mindless TV show (yes, I mean Friends) for the rest of your life is enough to turn anyone into a drunken addict.
Closed Thread

Tags
foul, sign, tub, hot, apparently

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.