Robocall - "This is Rachel from Cardholder Services..."

Closed Thread
Old 07-06-2012, 09:37 PM

I don't think the press 3 to be removed from our list will do you any good. Seems to work like the old email days when people would respond to spam email saying please leave me alone. All either does is confirm the email/phone number is a live one for more contact. Rachel and Olin call pretty frequently no matter what you do. I've filled out several Federal Call Complaint forms - not too sure if that will do any good either but. . . https://esupport.fcc.gov/ccmsforms/f...mplaint.action
Old 07-06-2012, 10:21 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandybill2 View Post
Rachel called us tonight. Usually get a call about once a month from "her"-- we always hang up immediately.
It is much more satisfying to press 1, shovel b.s., and see how long you can tie up one of their paid employees on line. At the end of the conversation, you can try to demoralize the jerk and cause him to quit his job by telling him what you think of him and his company.

I had previously tried all kinds of other ways to stop the calls. It proved to be impossible. But if everybody adopted the above approach, Cardholder Services would be out of business in a week.
Old 07-07-2012, 12:18 PM
Sage

Is "Rachel" calling from the Seattle, WA area? I still work full time, and almost every weekday for the past 2 weeks my caller ID on my landline phone at home has a call or two from the Seattle, WA area that was made between 9:00 a.m and 5:00 p.m.
Old 07-07-2012, 01:57 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I hate Rachel!! She is a total pest...been calling us for years. Yes, she calls from Seattle and other areas as well.
Old 07-07-2012, 02:19 PM
Sage

I registered my landline phone for the "Do Not Call" list at least 5 years ago. I'm wondering if "Rachel" works for my bank or one of the credit card companies that I use as I think those companies can still call me unless I specifically tell them not to.

The university I attended still calls me several times a year trying to get a donation. It has been 30 years since I graduated, and they are still trying to get money from me. I should tell them to call a more prosperous alumnae. One time when I did answer the call from my former university, some student was making the pitch. That would have to be the worse college work study job imaginable (at least it would be for me) having to call alumni for donations.
Old 07-07-2012, 02:34 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advogado View Post
It is much more satisfying to press 1, shovel b.s., and see how long you can tie up one of their paid employees on line. At the end of the conversation, you can try to demoralize the jerk and cause him to quit his job by telling him what you think of him and his company.

I had previously tried all kinds of other ways to stop the calls. It proved to be impossible. But if everybody adopted the above approach, Cardholder Services would be out of business in a week.
I have, in the past, started listening to the spiel by a telemarketer and after they get going, just lay the phone down and don't bother to pick it up for several minutes. I have never had them to be still on the other end when I do pick it back up.

A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 07-07-2012, 04:29 PM

pushing any number puts you on the call list. They will not only call you more but sell your number to others. Either don't answer or hang up. If it is a live person I some times like to give then a hard time I tell them thank when are you sending me the money. They always say no you don't understand etc. I just keep saying thank you and ask for the money again. they normally hang up fast. I have also made believe I was being robbed and then hung up while yelling OH my please no.
Old 07-07-2012, 11:06 PM
Platinum member

I heard a comedy skit once, on the radio, where the person answering the phone pretended to be a police detective and acted as if the person actualloy being called had been murdered. They turned the tables on the caller asking how they knew the caller and where they are and how can they be reached if needed.

\

A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams

Last edited by getdul981; 07-08-2012 at 10:51 AM.
Old 07-08-2012, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster View Post
pressed #3 and someone came on line. Said to please remove me from your call list. Guess what? Still as many calls as before so like others I hang up or don't answer.
Same here. I spoke to them several times and then started filing complaints with the FCC. Five complaints so far. The calls keep coming.
Old 07-08-2012, 07:52 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by getdul981 View Post
I heard a comedy skit once, on the radio, where the person answering the phone pretended to be a police detective and acted as if the person actualloy being called had been murdered. They turned the tables on the caller asking how they knew the caller and where they are and how can they be reached if needed.

\
Well since the URL will no longer show up in a post go to You Tube and search on "How to deal with a Telemarketer by Tom Mabe" or do a Google search on the name Tom Mabe and pick the YouTube link.

VG

PS it sure would be nice to be able to include a URL in a message like they once did.
Old 07-09-2012, 08:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,591 Times in 1,333 Posts

i am getting this call at least 4 to 5 times a week

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.