Slot car racing

Closed Thread
Old 02-01-2022, 09:51 AM
Soaring Eagle member

LOL, that’s what I thought too, BASEMENT! Now you got me thinking, with the sandy soil how do you keep it from getting water in it? Didn’t think a builder would build a home with a basement!
Old 02-01-2022, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioBuckeye View Post
LOL, that’s what I thought too, BASEMENT! Now you got me thinking, with the sandy soil how do you keep it from getting water in it? Didn’t think a builder would build a home with a basement!
It's actually built into the slope of the land and none of it is fully in the ground. We've never had any water intrusion. It's not low lying land and we are not in the flood plain even though we have a marsh in the back.
Old 02-01-2022, 06:14 PM

Sounds great. Please keep me in the loop. I used to go to a great one in Westmont, NJ. I still remember carrying my two cars and tools etc in an old Skill Saw metal storage box with a red handle. Gave them away before I moved here. Grrrrr.
Old 02-01-2022, 10:29 PM
Veteran member

I know of RC race car clubs and tracks down here but don't know of anyone with a dedicated space for a slot car set. The houses here don't have basements (of course) but also are kind of smallish to dedicated a space for a good-sized track. I have seen a few houses on Conservation Trail with HUGE garages that could manage that, but they run well north of a million and a half bucks, which puts them out of my price range! Sure does bring back memories of my brother's HO scale slot car / train car combo track in his basement in Michigan. Running the train during a race certainly made for a challenge! My cousin had a very small 1/32 scale track the he and I raced on many times as well. What fun!
Old 02-02-2022, 06:35 AM

Yep, interested.
Old 02-02-2022, 08:13 AM
Soaring Eagle member

We’ll that’s really neat! Thanks for sharing that. You’re the first person to say they had a basement that I ever heard & never got any water. Well sure loved living in Florida, we live in Texas now because one of our children. Texas is a neat state but it takes some getting use to. Again, thanks for sharing & telling me about your basement.
Old 02-17-2022, 09:11 AM
Default Carrera Slots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Fr View Post
I'm interested in starting a slot car racing club. I have a home track in our basement. Yes I said basement, lol. We live on the edge of the Ocala National Forest. Anyone have interest in doing this? There's a club in Tampa but thats too far away for me. TIA
As I said in a previous post, I am interested. Moved down from Omaha and brought my entire set up with cars and “kit”. It is all Carrera 1/32 // 1/24. Please let me know what is going on and how this idea of a club is progressing.
Closed Thread

Tags
slot, racing, car, club, basement

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.