Super Bowl Commercials

Closed Thread
Old 02-14-2022, 02:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,925 Times in 1,543 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by clgmann@yahoo.com View Post
I must be old. I couldn’t identify with any part of that halftime show. Do those rappers have a special dialect that only rap fans can decipher?

The game was great although I was rooting for the Bengals!
No problemo. Just click the closed captions for the print version.
Old 02-14-2022, 03:18 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,445 Times in 580 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by la lamy View Post
amazingly uninteresting ads imo. The one that was slightly good for me was arnold as zeus, but i didn't even get which electric vehicle they were advertising!
bmw
Old 02-14-2022, 04:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,925 Times in 1,543 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
Electric cars, trucks, motorcycles, and even bicycles are the way of the NEAR future. (actually, the here and NOW ). I see E-bikes riders pedaling around my neighborhood OFTEN and that is beautiful ! - as in exercise for themselves and minimal cost to the environment. Ford is building a HUGE factory in Tn. to build the NEW ELECTRIC Ford 150 truck. They have 150,000 pre-orders for this E-truck. There is ZERO doubt that the future is an E-future!
Another advantage of E-vehicles is that they have a SMOOTH engine that lasts much longer than a gasoline engine which has pistons that are constantly reversing direction and putting pressure on the bearings and causing big amounts of heat to be removed by the radiator. Plus ever try to pull start a home gasoline lawnmower - they often don't start. And the gasoline gets on your hands and SMELLS. Not so with an E-lawnmower, which should be required for use in the Villages........maybe in the future? Because we are so progressive.
Old 02-14-2022, 05:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,362 Times in 4,353 Posts

Quote:
It DID happen at the original Olympics. And to this day there is a sportsmanly expression known as "the Olympic Spirit"., And I noticed that the LA Rams shook hands and embraced the Bengals players. That could be thought of as an expression of PURE sportsmanship. To this day SOME purity remains in even professional sports. Pro golfers do NOT wrap their putters around their opponents' heads when they lose. Billy Jean King did NOT kick Bobby Riggs in his sensitive parts after she won! So the DEATH of PURE sport spirit has been greatly exaggerated.
The Villages Florida

-Tom Petty
Old 02-14-2022, 08:46 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,522 Times in 628 Posts

Quote:
It DID happen at the original Olympics. And to this day there is a sportsmanly expression known as "the Olympic Spirit"., And I noticed that the LA Rams shook hands and embraced the Bengals players. That could be thought of as an expression of PURE sportsmanship. To this day SOME purity remains in even professional sports. Pro golfers do NOT wrap their putters around their opponents' heads when they lose. Billy Jean King did NOT kick Bobby Riggs in his sensitive parts after she won! So the DEATH of PURE sport spirit has been greatly exaggerated.
The meds were working but now not so much. JMintzer you got me?
Old 02-15-2022, 10:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,362 Times in 4,353 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thevillages2013 View Post
The meds were working but now not so much. JMintzer you got me?
No comment... I don't want another time out...

-Tom Petty
Old 02-15-2022, 10:40 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,445 Times in 580 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tvflguy View Post
For the last several years I have gone to USAtoday.com to access their Ad Meter for the SB commercials. As I just did earlier today. There will be 60+ commercials before, during, post SB. And they have about 40 available to see and rate right now. BTW it's free but you need to sign up which is very easy.

That said the about-40 that I viewed on their site....not impressed at all. They can be rated 1-10. I only rated one a ten, a couple nine, a couple eight. But the vast majority two or one. Many paid big bucks for stars etc etc. Many only mentioned the sponsor at the end. Many tried humor which IMO fell so flat. And it's easy to see that almost all were extremely "racially inclusive" if you know what I mean.

I must really be getting old as I crave for the cute, funny, expressive commercials. You know the Budweiser, solid car ads, funny animals etc. Seems that so many new one are focused on the X generation, Mellenials, or yuppies as we used to say.

I used to look forward to the commercials during SB, they only time in the entire year I watch ads.

Will be interested to see the final tally of the scores Monday when USA TODAY publishes them. But NOT looking forward to actually seeing most of the during SB?..
I enjoyed the Larry David commercial it was for crypto but the message i’llcall it the history of the world of naysayer https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ut3m9OK1c7Y
Old 02-15-2022, 05:33 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,522 Times in 628 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
No comment... I don't want another time out...
Old 02-15-2022, 10:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,289 Times in 5,455 Posts

Bring back the beer football game
Old 02-16-2022, 09:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,358 Times in 2,079 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana1963 View Post
I enjoyed the Larry David commercial it was for crypto but the message i’llcall it the history of the world of naysayer https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ut3m9OK1c7Y
That one was very funny.
Closed Thread

Tags
commercials, easy, couple, rated, funny

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.