Thank You for Your Public Service

Closed Thread
Old 01-21-2015, 03:56 PM
Veteran member

On a serious note, this is a good article on the changing roles and the reasons..

"On one hand, the IRS’s basic responsibilities have gotten less onerous over the years. More and more taxpayers file electronically, which means that everything just zips straight into the IRS’s computer system with little need for human oversight. This should mean that the IRS really doesn’t need to grow, and if anything it could stand to shrink.

But on the other hand, the IRS has been overloaded with all sorts of additional responsibilities. It’s acting as an extension of the Department of Health and Human Services in enforcing the Affordable Care Act. It’s acting as an extension of the Federal Election Commission and regulating political speech (an authority it has perhaps not used so well.) It’s acting as an extension of the Department of Energy with its residential energy credits, and it’s acting as an extension of the Department of Education in offering deductions and credits for teachers and students. It has to figure out who has health insurance and who has children and where the children live. It even has to try to get data from foreign banks, due to the complexity of our worldwide system of taxation. The more arbitrary things find their way into the tax code, the more verification systems the IRS has to put in place."

The IRS Has Too Many Responsibilities - Forbes
Old 01-21-2015, 04:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I read this forum A LOT and I am not very smart but my memory is still pretty good for some odd reason.

If the OP is a Republican, I'm Al Sharpton.
Old 01-21-2015, 04:21 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I read this forum A LOT and I am not very smart but my memory is still pretty good for some odd reason.

If the OP is a Republican, I'm Al Sharpton.

This from my previous post.....

"Sure wish people would make their intent clear on these threads, "

Being devious as some posters tend to be and not being open and honest sure does make it tough to respond, but then again....no sure of the intent, so.....
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.