Thankfulness

Closed Thread
Old 08-19-2012, 05:55 PM
Sage
Default Thankfulness

I thought it might be a fun thread to say what someone did for us that put a smile on our face.

Wheteher it be kind words from a stranger to someone helping you with a task that needed to be done.

What are you thankful for?

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 08-19-2012, 06:00 PM
Sage

What am I thankful for? My wife.

What put a smile on my face today? The new neighbor across the street from us thanked me for helping him fix his mower.

Bill
Old 08-19-2012, 06:08 PM

The tow truck driver and supervisor that rescued us late last night when our 55 Buick quit at the crest of a hill, and would not restart.
Old 08-19-2012, 06:14 PM
Sage

I'm thankful for many, many things. One of the main things I'm thankful for is my health and my husband's health. Without our health, nothing else really matters. I've been blessed in my life. Many times over, I've been blessed.
Old 08-19-2012, 07:08 PM
Sage

I'm thankful for my dear husband...who loves to laugh as much as I do.
Old 08-19-2012, 07:14 PM
Veteran member

So many things come to mind. Hubby, home, family, friends and all the gifts and opportunities that have been placed before us over the years.
Old 08-19-2012, 07:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,581 Times in 1,324 Posts

we traveled most our childrens lives with work, grandparents helped raise our children....Our daughter has three children and am thankful that she has turned out to be a great mom...not sure who to thank my parents and grandparents who did a great job or just my daugher who thankfully did a great job on her own
Old 08-19-2012, 08:00 PM
Sage
Default New baby coming

I am thankful that I was able to join in the fun, via Skype, for my daughter's baby shower in Raleigh. What fun! One more month or so until baby Brynn arrives!
Old 08-19-2012, 08:50 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post
I thought it might be a fun thread to say what someone did for us that put a smile on our face.

Wheteher it be kind words from a stranger to someone helping you with a task that needed to be done.

What are you thankful for?
There are two people that put a smile on my face today. The first was you for having inquired to someone this morning (who passed the message on to me) your concern as to if I was ok or just taking a break away from TOTV for a while, and for your email communications with me as I explained to you the reasons for my absence from the forums.

The second person is the woman I married forty-five years ago today! I am fortunate enough to never-ever have as much as a single day that I was not thankful for her or regretted having made the vows of marriage with her! However, she put the biggest smile on my face exactly thirty-six years ago tomorrow when she delivered our son Michael, who we both love very much! Honey, I love you and am very thankful for you and Mike!
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 08-19-2012, 08:53 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyguy79 View Post
There are two people that put a smile on my face today. The first was you for having inquired to someone this morning (who passed the message on to me) your concern as to if I was ok or just taking a break away from TOTV for a while, and for your email communications with me as I explained to you the reasons for my absence from the forums.

The second person is the woman I married forty-five years ago today! I am fortunate enough to never-ever have as much as a single day that I was not thankful for her or regretted having made the vows of marriage with her! However, she put the biggest smile on my face exactly thirty-six years ago tomorrow when she delivered our son Michael, who we both love very much! Honey, I love you and am very thankful for you and Mike!
Happy Anniversary to you and Mrs. skyguy79. Beautiful post.
Old 08-19-2012, 08:58 PM
Sage

45 years ago??!! 'Child bride', perhaps?

Bill
Old 08-19-2012, 09:41 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

I am thankful for my entire family, my wife, my children, my grandchildren, my niece and nephew and grandniece. They are all well and everyone is managing their lives successfully at the moment. When they are all doing well - I am doing well. Thanks Joe for the thread, and congratulations Skyguy, we celebrated 45 years in June.
Old 08-20-2012, 03:35 AM
Sage

I am thankful for the volunteers at my church who stayed to the end of our rummage sale on Saturday to clean up -- we got out of there in record time. . I am thankful for my job (even though I grouse about it), and that my sisters and their husbands are employed. I am thankful that my father remains in good health. And I am thankful that my two oldest nieces have traveled safely this summer outside of the U.S. and have returned home to start back to college this week.
Old 08-20-2012, 07:58 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to Joaniesmom

I am thankful that I finally got a final diagnosis for my illness after 6 months, 11 doctors and uncounted tests and procedures. Thanks from the bottom of my heart, Dr Barbara Shapiro and University Hospitals in Cleveland, OH.

What makes me smile? Every single day! My two little Toy Fox Terriers, pain or shine, can put a smile on my face. Who says you can't buy love.

God bless the animals in shelters.

2BNTV, By the way, what a great idea for a thread. I am really enjoying reading this one and just want to thank you for thinking of this. We need more uplifting threads like this one. Give yourself a great big pat on the back.

Joanie's mom
Pennsylvania, Ohio, The Villages
So happy to be here!

Last edited by Joaniesmom; 08-20-2012 at 10:32 AM. Reason: Forgot to thank 2BNTV!
Old 08-20-2012, 08:47 AM
Sage

Great post Sky!!!!!!

Thank you for your kind words.

Happy anniversary and b-day for your son.

I feel blessed every day for my son who turned out to be a terrific human being. Love him dearly.

Joe

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.