Thoughts on use of pot.

Closed Thread
Old 07-22-2021, 08:45 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default So Much for Thinking

So what we have here is the IQ drops more for Alcohol than pot? Now there is a good statement justifying pot? Then we have pro-choice. Of course a youngster does not have a pro choice consideration, it is see what my dad does so I guess I can? Lets go to the next intelligent contribution because MJ does not metabolize like alcohol then it is better to use. Of course no mention of other forms of death then metabolizing? And the famous lets compare pot to alcohol. Every Counselor in the world hears this when someone wants to justify the youth using pot rather than alcohol and trying to make it appear that pot is not an addictive drug? Then there is using labels like a "rant" against pot? That is a label and indicates the author can't think of better personal attacks andthan sticking to the point? The ironic part of this is again using the old and worn argument that pot is better than alcohol. Kind of indicates a need for a more creative mind.? Very experienced Addiction expert with over 30 years of experience in the field
once said to me to don't bother with trying to change the mind of the addicts. They want to use or they would get out of the addiction. These are some prime examples why I
am wasting time. The children suffer from the ignorance of the impact of drugs on their mental and physical conditions. Lets never stop trying to improve our society and the ones who will be the next generation.!!
Old 07-22-2021, 09:17 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,477 Times in 753 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
So what we have here is the IQ drops more for Alcohol than pot? Now there is a good statement justifying pot? Then we have pro-choice. Of course a youngster does not have a pro choice consideration, it is see what my dad does so I guess I can? Lets go to the next intelligent contribution because MJ does not metabolize like alcohol then it is better to use. Of course no mention of other forms of death then metabolizing? And the famous lets compare pot to alcohol. Every Counselor in the world hears this when someone wants to justify the youth using pot rather than alcohol and trying to make it appear that pot is not an addictive drug? Then there is using labels like a "rant" against pot? That is a label and indicates the author can't think of better personal attacks andthan sticking to the point? The ironic part of this is again using the old and worn argument that pot is better than alcohol. Kind of indicates a need for a more creative mind.? Very experienced Addiction expert with over 30 years of experience in the field
once said to me to don't bother with trying to change the mind of the addicts. They want to use or they would get out of the addiction. These are some prime examples why I
am wasting time. The children suffer from the ignorance of the impact of drugs on their mental and physical conditions. Lets never stop trying to improve our society and the ones who will be the next generation.!!
You misinterpreted almost every comment.

The comparison to alcohol is purely to question the hypocrisy of allowing alcohol to be legal while keeping a less dangerous substance on the schedule 1 list.

So, I can assume you are in favor of the prohibition of all mind-altering drugs and do not use any mind-altering substances.
Old 07-22-2021, 10:40 AM

Quote:
PennBF: Are you drunk or high or on some mind-altering substance when you write these nearly unintelligible rants?
Old 07-22-2021, 11:38 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thumbs down Last Reply

I don't drink , I don't smoke, including pot or any other mind altering drug. I have no use for anyone who abuses our children in any way. On a professional basis I am very familiar of the mental and physical impacts pot or other mind altering drugs have on society. I have
no patients for those that care little about our youth and their futures. I can take all of the slings and arrows thrown at me on this site as I recognize those who really care will do their research and help others. I don't go to the lengths of preaching on the subject of child abuse but where I see it taking place or being ignored I will speak up. Some have been abused as children and have turned to drugs to soften the effects of the abuse. Maybe they should "man up" and try to ensure it is not carried on into the future.
Old 07-22-2021, 11:47 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyOldMan View Post
You misinterpreted almost every comment.

The comparison to alcohol is purely to question the hypocrisy of allowing alcohol to be legal while keeping a less dangerous substance on the schedule 1 list.

So, I can assume you are in favor of the prohibition of all mind-altering drugs and do not use any mind-altering substances.
Thanks for saving me the time to respond. Although coffee isn't classified as a drug, it does alter the mind too.
Old 07-22-2021, 12:59 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Franklin View Post
Thanks for saving me the time to respond. Although coffee isn't classified as a drug, it does alter the mind too.
And it is addictive and some low-life long-term users of coffee-heads go through painful withdrawal. (tongue in cheek)
Old 07-22-2021, 05:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,666 Times in 1,524 Posts

Quote:
And it is addictive and some low-life long-term users of coffee-heads go through painful withdrawal. (tongue in cheek)
You are sooo right! I have two cups of coffee every morning, if possible. If I only have one, I usually want another one. I must be addicted. REALLY?????????
Old 07-22-2021, 05:32 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyD View Post
PennBF: Are you drunk or high or on some mind-altering substance when you write these nearly unintelligible rants?
Let me know if you have problems understanding what was written. I had no problem understanding what was written and also agree with that poster.
And come on folks, there is no need to attack a poster that you do not agree with.
Old 07-22-2021, 06:14 PM
Soaring Eagle member

///

Last edited by GrumpyOldMan; 07-22-2021 at 07:29 PM.
Old 07-22-2021, 06:30 PM
Sage

Quote:
Is everything in your world black and white? In my world, there are shades of grey and even color.
Oh wait! Was I supposed to insert a (tongue in cheek) in my comment?
Old 07-22-2021, 06:35 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Franklin View Post
Does coffee make you slow and unmotivated? Can you get high on coffee? It does seem to sharpen my perception in the morning after consumption, so you might be right about it "altering the mind." Maybe chocolate should be put in the category of coffee addiction also, since it also has that drug called caffeine.

Kind of off the subject related to legalizing MJ, huh?
Old 07-22-2021, 06:44 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
I don't drink , I don't smoke, including pot or any other mind altering drug. I have no use for anyone who abuses our children in any way. On a professional basis I am very familiar of the mental and physical impacts pot or other mind altering drugs have on society. I have
no patients for those that care little about our youth and their futures. I can take all of the slings and arrows thrown at me on this site as I recognize those who really care will do their research and help others. I don't go to the lengths of preaching on the subject of child abuse but where I see it taking place or being ignored I will speak up. Some have been abused as children and have turned to drugs to soften the effects of the abuse. Maybe they should "man up" and try to ensure it is not carried on into the future.
Glad you're doing what YOU need to do, however, I fail to see how legalizing marijuana is abusing children. I would put that blame on how the children are raised. Legal or not, children will be able to get drugs. And why should adults be penalized because something isn't good for children? Heck, we'd have to ban a lot of products.

We do have a free society. Heck, we couldn't even get adults to wear face mask during a pandemic, or even get vaccinated. What about the children living with those anti-societal people?
Old 07-22-2021, 07:00 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byte1 View Post
Does coffee make you slow and unmotivated? Can you get high on coffee? It does seem to sharpen my perception in the morning after consumption, so you might be right about it "altering the mind." Maybe chocolate should be put in the category of coffee addiction also, since it also has that drug called caffeine.

If you followed the conversation, we were talking about addictions and mind altering substances. Coffee does alter the brain and it is addictive. I'm sure if I researched it I would find accidents that involved people who are too hopped up on caffeine. But I was being silly.

If you knew a little about marijuana, then you would know that one type makes you chill, and un-motivates some people. This is known as Indica, better known as In Da Couch, because it relaxes a person and heightens the senses for music. This is best used at night, after dinner or an hour before bed. The other type is Sativa, which, for me, makes me more aware, not less motivated. Some will tell you that's not true, but one has to try it, before they can make that assumption. Medically, in terms of particular ailments, Sativa strains tend to be better for psychological disorders, like depression, PTSD, and anxiety. Indicas are often the best for pain and inflammation.

Last edited by Ben Franklin; 07-22-2021 at 07:08 PM.
Old 07-22-2021, 07:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,362 Times in 4,353 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byte1 View Post

It gives me that "get up and go" (to the bathroom) feeling... Good to the last drop!

-Tom Petty
Old 07-22-2021, 08:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,685 Times in 3,173 Posts

Quote:
If I don't get my morning cup I get a migraine. I learned that caffeine could prevent migraines, AND can trigger them. Cafergot is a prescription version of a cup of coffee, with the addition of ergotamine tartrate. Funny thing about ergot - that's one of the ingredients used in the making of LSD. It's also a fungus that grows on rye seeds.

Not merely legal, but used widely for people who get migraine or cluster headaches, prescribed and covered by insurance.

And yet cannabis is still considered as dangerous as heroin, according to the class schedule, because the DEA STILL hasn't acknowledged that cannabis has any "accepted medical use". Notice I say they haven't acknowledge it. They KNOW it has accepted medical use. It's used medically, in most parts of the world, including the USA. They just haven't acknowledge it officially, so it remains on the schedule 1 list.
Closed Thread

Tags
thoughts, pot, read, 75%, americans

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.