Tiger Woods Injured

Closed Thread
Old 12-11-2009, 07:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,516 Times in 1,914 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default Kate. I am always interested in what you write.

When there is intensity of feeling, most people try to clarify just what they said and what they meant.

We see that on this forum a lot. It is one of the reasons I read it.

I may not always agree with what I read and if I don't I switch to another post or thread.

I even enjoy reading that people have had enough. Ahhhh those First Amendment rights we all enjoy in this great country.

Keep on writing everyone. I will read you.
Old 12-11-2009, 12:17 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,226 Times in 756 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martha Kaye View Post
Katezbox,
I'm not interested. Merry Christmas!!! Tis the season. Have a great holiday.
Mark Twain said, “It is easier to stay out than get out.” And I find that the turn this thread has taken has caused me to repeat Twain’s quote to myself, over, and over, and over again. But it’s not working. I really want to say something here.

First of all, I never thought I would find myself in the position of appearing to pull some kind of silly rank. Some of you may have seen the stuff I wrote when I had this Golden Eagle status foisted upon me. But ironically, that is what this might look like. Rank pulling. But that is only in the vein that I am saying that even though I have been around here forever, since TOTV was a tiny, little operation, that I would never, ever assume that I am entitled to announce what is and is not worthy of interest.

And yet, here we have someone with 10 posts, waltzing in, feeling entitled to say, ”I am not interested,” and basically telling somebody else to shut up, even to the point of a bold-print, imperative, "Drop it," in the subject line of the original post. Not a discussion of the subject matter. Not a debate of the topic. Not a little something said for fun. But nothing more than a faceless, snide, snippy, snotty little comment, including even a bastardization of a greeting. (Whatever that was supposed to mean?)

Oh and btw, I was quite interested in what Kate had to say. Kate was talking about the choice of the word ‘whoremonger’ in the context used by BTK. She was simply discussing the word itself. And I agree the word itself did not really apply in this case. The word ‘whoremonger’ means that somebody is paying for sex. And while Tiger Woody is definitely paying for sex, it is not in the literal cash-for-services definition that ‘whoremonger’ means. (uh oh....Here I am, writing away about the definition of ‘whoremonger’ when I should be cleaning my house for company. But I have been in the word biz for a long time so sometimes I just can’t help it. Now, I will probably get told to shut up, too....Don't really care..... I will find myself in good company, alongside Kate.) Anyway……

When things on TOTV go over-the-top, the admins take care of that. We have a pretty decent ambiance going here. But every once in a while, somebody comes along who seems to think that TOTV is “The Gong Show” and then turns into the self-appointed gonger. And they generally show their entitlement mode early in the game, not a lot of posts in. And I always wonder if these same people go to parties and jump into discussions to pass judgment on what is interesting and what is not, while never contributing anything to discussion or debate or even conversation. Just gonging along.

So I did not stay out of this. But I could not. And btw, here is another btw….I always read every word Kate writes. Kate writes lots of stuff for fun. And Kate also shares her knowledge as a professional when she explains all about those different kinds of TV bonds. And you can bet I read that, too. I am interested in what Kate has to say, just like I am interested in what a lot of other TOTVers have to say. But there are other things on TOTV that I am not interested in. But never, ever would I assume that I have the right to tell somebody else that what they are saying is not worthy because “I” am not interested.

(And, yeah I know, it would have been a whole lot faster had I just gone BOOM! – but wait…I think I did.)

Boomer, an old bird with ruffled feathers, getting a little territorial I guess

Last edited by Boomer; 12-11-2009 at 12:39 PM.
Old 12-11-2009, 12:22 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

Well said Boomer.
Old 12-11-2009, 12:49 PM
Eternal Member

Boomer - I don't exactly agree with everything you are saying here, and I feel a little bit compelled to say something - not so much in defense of "Not Interested", or about what you specifically wrote, but more a commentary about how this entire episode - someone famous who for what ever reason has cheated on his wife many, many times, and now people who don't know him are heatedly fighting over what he has been reported to be doing. I said earlier that I didn't care about Tiger or his plight. Not understanding what kind of relationship he has with his wife, I can't bring myself to care all that much about her either. His son may turn out to be a very rich child of a divorce. I can't bring myself to feel all that much sympathy for him either. Certainly many people in lower socio-economic settings have similar troubles and I feel their plights are worse.
I feel much worse about the people here having such viloent disagreement over this episode - something they hear about 2nd or 3rd hand (thru the always trustworthy sources like TMZ and the entertainment channel among others), and then form these incredibly strong opinions, and start arguing. It seems like a big waste of energy.
So I too am not interested, not so much in what folks are saying here, but in Tiger and his situation. And perhaps that new poster that you pulled rank on meant it more in that vein. Let's all be frienda and use this as an informational avenue and save the low-blows for the political forum!
Old 12-11-2009, 01:27 PM
Sage

From MY perch as a Golden Eagle (or is that Bald Eagle):

The vast majority love reading Boomer and Kate and Gracie and all the regulars who we have gotten to know.

The vast majority wish Tiger and his family the best despite what we feel about (or call) his transgressions.

The vast majority want new blood to have a voice on TOTV.

And to the vast majority I wish you all a Merry Christmas and/or Happy Holidays!

Now back to my studying!
Old 12-11-2009, 02:06 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,226 Times in 756 Posts

itiseasiertostayoutthangetoutitiseasiertostayout ...........

Hi Steve. Hi Russ.

I understand what you are saying, but......

I was not talking about whether or not somebody has the right to say whether Tiger's mess is interesting to them or not. I was talking about somebody coming in and taking a shot at an individual poster, by name, just one poster, in this long, long thread, just one, saying that person is not saying anything interesting. (Hard to explain stuff sometimes when not talking in person especially.)

Anyway, that's what made me go Boom!

Boomer

Last edited by Boomer; 12-11-2009 at 02:26 PM.
Old 12-11-2009, 04:43 PM
Veteran member

delete

Last edited by Taj44; 12-11-2009 at 06:07 PM.
Old 12-11-2009, 07:34 PM
REH7380
Exclamation Interested

Some of the posts on Tiger appear to be a little juvenile. If someone is not interested then just disregard the posting. By posting it is really saying someone is interested enough to read the post and post a response. That indicates some interest? Maybe negative but interest?
Regarding Tiger..he has been a serial cheater, exposed his family to STD's, lied and hurt a number of people. In my mind that is a degenerate.
Old 12-11-2009, 08:01 PM
Gold member

Tiger is taking an indefinite leave from competitive golf.
Old 12-11-2009, 09:02 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rshoffer View Post
Tiger is taking an indefinite leave from competitive golf.
That's something I do care about. As the best player on the tour, it's a shame he'll be hanging it up "indefinitely". And it is a shame this has all happened.
Old 12-11-2009, 10:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,516 Times in 1,914 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default He will be back in about a year I will wager.

In about a year his marriage will have ended and he will return to the tour as a bachelor and he will have a girl in every port. Just hide and watch.

I just watched an hour long special just now and his girlfriends were interviewed. I wouldn't say they were "trashy" but I would say they weren't....well...like the roles Doris Day used to play. I know, that really dates me.

Now the only thing that can shock me is that someone will say Jack is gay.
Old 12-11-2009, 11:20 PM
Golden Sunrise Member

To Boomer, Russ, Gracie, Gail, and all who said they enjoy my posts - thank you.

Martha Kaye - thank you for the Christmas wishes. I love this season of joy. By the way, if you would prefer not to read future posts by me, you can block me.

Steve, I too am far more interested in Tiger taking a sabbatical from golf. I think his amazing skills were good for the game.

So since I have flown to and from Philly today (where it was 23 degrees and windy) I would like to quote Clement C. Moore and say "Happy Christmas to all, and to all a good night."
Old 12-11-2009, 11:23 PM
Veteran member
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
In about a year his marriage will have ended and he will return to the tour as a bachelor and he will have a girl in every port. Just hide and watch.

I just watched an hour long special just now and his girlfriends were interviewed. I wouldn't say they were "trashy" but I would say they weren't....well...like the roles Doris Day used to play. I know, that really dates me.

Now the only thing that can shock me is that someone will say Jack is gay.
Jack gay? Of course he is.
You mean you didn't know?
Old 12-12-2009, 07:06 AM
Veteran member

Who's Jack?
Old 12-12-2009, 07:13 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblum8156 View Post
Who's Jack?
Thanks jblum!!

Yeah...who the heck is Jack?!?!

I was very curious myself, but figured I was the only one that didnt know lol.

Jeanne
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.