Tom Brady Roast on Netflix

Old 05-07-2024, 07:44 PM

Aaron Hernandez felt some of those, even while taking a dirt nap.
Old 05-07-2024, 08:26 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by badkarma318 View Post
Aaron Hernandez felt some of those, even while taking a dirt nap.
The Hernandez jokes were met with some gasps.....and I’m like, really?! Can’t stand some of the LA crowd...
Old 05-07-2024, 09:07 PM
Thanked 1,138 Times in 248 Posts

Brady is a spoiled brat in an adult body. Too bad they didn't build a fire and really roast him.
Old 05-07-2024, 09:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,938 Times in 793 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnN View Post
a lot of it seemed pretty tasteless and low class, just my opinion
I'm halfway through it, and I have to agree with you and disagree with the OP about it being the funniest humor since woke.

There were so many good comedians down through the years who could be funny without flinging F-bombs, JC's, and genital jokes. Jackie Gleason, Jack Benny, the rest in that era, up to Dick van Dyke, Mary Tyler More, Bob Newhart, Johnny Carson, Carol Burnett, Tim Conway and the rest of that crew, and others like Steve Allen and Chevy Chase. Those people were truly funny without being crude.

In contrast, other than Kim Kardashian, Ron Burgundy, and Bilichick (so far, I'm only halfway), the rest of them had to resort to trash to make a joke.

Kevin Hart is just bad. But maybe his is the way of comedy these days and I'm behind the times. But I remember former roasts that were more intelligently, legitimately funny.
So call me an old biddy. But there's a difference between funny and being crass. The audience seemed to like most of it, though. I will watch the rest this weekend.
Just my opinion that I'm entitled to give. By the audience's reaction, I figure I'm in the minority. Maybe this audience is too young to remember what good humor was.
Old 05-08-2024, 03:46 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
I'm halfway through it, and I have to agree with you and disagree with the OP about it being the funniest humor since woke.

There were so many good comedians down through the years who could be funny without flinging F-bombs, JC's, and genital jokes. Jackie Gleason, Jack Benny, the rest in that era, up to Dick van Dyke, Mary Tyler More, Bob Newhart, Johnny Carson, Carol Burnett, Tim Conway and the rest of that crew, and others like Steve Allen and Chevy Chase. Those people were truly funny without being crude.

In contrast, other than Kim Kardashian, Ron Burgundy, and Bilichick (so far, I'm only halfway), the rest of them had to resort to trash to make a joke.

Kevin Hart is just bad. But maybe his is the way of comedy these days and I'm behind the times. But I remember former roasts that were more intelligently, legitimately funny.
So call me an old biddy. But there's a difference between funny and being crass. The audience seemed to like most of it, though. I will watch the rest this weekend.
Just my opinion that I'm entitled to give. By the audience's reaction, I figure I'm in the minority. Maybe this audience is too young to remember what good humor was.
So.....you’re definitely entitled to your opinion. If we’re comparing eras (which I hate to do), I would agree that the Dean Martin roast series was/is the gold standard. Don Rickles gave a master class every time he took to the dais and nobody was safe. You would agree that his style of comedy was very taboo for that era as well...to some? Again, not to me. IMO, this roast (TB 12)...is representative of what this generation (Boomer, X,Y and Z) was starving for. Unfiltered, unedited and live. Comedy for you may be different because you grew up in a different time....just like your taste in music may differ as well. As you say, you’re entitled to your opinions, likes/dislikes and so is everybody else. Just like in those days, you had a choice to watch it or change the channel. I give you credit for at least attempting to work your way through it....as three hours is a bit of a commitment (Martin roasts were pretty drawn out too). It wasn’t flawless.Yours is a fair critique, I respect it....we just disagree.
Old 05-08-2024, 07:18 AM

Quote:

Totally agree. I watched 30 minutes and turned it off. I pride myself in having a great sense of humor, and am not easy offended at all, but I thought it was crude, classless, and I didn't think it was all that funny.
Old 05-08-2024, 07:19 AM

I hope the 'Wokies' were able to find their crying rooms in time!
Old 05-08-2024, 08:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,234 Times in 2,815 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbb View Post
Totally agree. I watched 30 minutes and turned it off. I pride myself in having a great sense of humor, and am not easy offended at all, but I thought it was crude, classless, and I didn't think it was all that funny.
Then you most definitely don’t want to watch any of the older Denis Leary, Ron White, or Lisa Lampanelli types of rude, crude, and socially unacceptable stand up comedy acts. Unfortunately, unless you have the DVD/VCR recordings of those shows, they can no longer be found (canceled) on cable or streaming.
Old 05-08-2024, 11:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,920 Times in 1,538 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkingston57 View Post
Was funny but set the Guiness book of records on using the F word
The "F" word? You mean Football?
Old 05-08-2024, 11:54 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Then you most definitely don’t want to watch any of the older Denis Leary, Ron White, or Lisa Lampanelli types of rude, crude, and socially unacceptable stand up comedy acts. Unfortunately, unless you have the DVD/VCR recordings of those shows, they can no longer be found (canceled) on cable or streaming.
Lisa Lampanelli (Queen of Mean) was so much better than Jeff Ross in her prime. She wasn’t really cxl....she took herself out of the game. As did one of my favorites, Nick Dipaolo....a monster. Politics has tried to kill this type of comedy...but it’s still standing (thanks to the streaming services)
Old 05-08-2024, 12:03 PM

Quote:

You old biddy. 🐓

😻
Old 05-08-2024, 12:14 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,661 Times in 1,776 Posts

Kim Kardashian Being Booed Edited Out of Tom Brady Roast

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 05-08-2024, 12:20 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
I saw it live. It wasn’t til I watched it again that I noticed that. Disappointing. The whole idea was it was live and ‘unfiltered’. It was 3 hours and change live.....the edited version, about the same (minus that dubbing). So clearly not for time restraints! Apparently the Kardashian’s have some pull....
Old 05-08-2024, 01:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,341 Times in 4,337 Posts

Quote:

You forgot, "Now Get Off my Lawn!!!"

-Tom Petty
Old 05-08-2024, 04:44 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,170 Times in 778 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdallas View Post
Brady is a spoiled brat in an adult body.

You've obviously never met the man.

He is not a "brat" and prefers to be treated like "one of the guys", nothing special off the football field.

Tags
comedy, watching, roast, likes, tom

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.