Two and a half men

Closed Thread
Old 02-25-2011, 02:41 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

True re once an addict, always an addict. But I prefer to think of it as someone is no long addicted and a user. And yes to kowing about addiction. I lost one of my best friends to heroin. She tried for years to quit using. I was the one she called when high, when coming down, when trying to quit, when going into and out of rehab. I'd hang up on her when high. Get her to the hospital when going through cold turkey. Pick her up from rehab (she had to find her own way there). She'd try so hard to stay clean and something would always come along to get her started again. She ultimately died of an overdose. It was one of the most heartbreaking things I ever had to see and I do have deep sympathies for anyone addicted -- whether it is to cigarettes, like me; cocaine; or whatever. There is no question that drug and alcohol addictions are illnesses. Very few quit using without a lot of help, a deep desire to quit and the strength to say no once they have quit. I'm still praying that Charlie finds the desire to quit. I really do believe he has the strength to stay off once he sees what his life can be like. My friend never had that strength.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 02-25-2011, 03:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts
Default Rich and famous rehab? Is an oximoron of sorts.

It usually does not happen...rehab that is...Lindsey Lohan for another example!!
You can rearrange the spots on a leopard and when you are done you still have a leopard.
Plus some rich and famous act and are treated as though they are above the law.

btk
Old 02-25-2011, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
It usually does not happen...rehab that is...Lindsey Lohan for another example!!
You can rearrange the spots on a leopard and when you are done you still have a leopard.
Plus some rich and famous act and are treated as though they are above the law.

btk
Now why did you have to start talking about he Morse family again?
Old 02-25-2011, 06:31 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooper View Post
Today's Daily Sun (2/25/11) reported differently... and we all know our Daily Sun only reports verified facts!

The Sun, like every other newspaper that was printed last night, reported the news as they had it.

Early today the news about a season ending hiatus came out. Can't expect any hard copy newspaper to have that news. Not even the Daily Fun
Old 02-25-2011, 07:21 PM
Gold member

It’s now clear to me that the HALF man in this scenario is Charlie Sheen! What a looser.
Old 02-25-2011, 10:11 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdVinMass View Post
It’s now clear to me that the HALF man in this scenario is Charlie Sheen! What a looser.
Old 02-26-2011, 05:11 AM
Veteran member

Looks like it will be down to 1 1/2 men...Sheen is out for good!
Old 02-26-2011, 09:23 AM
Gold member

All of this talk will not stop me from watching the re-runs of the show. Very funny - "Kick a man when he is down" - or even better - "Let he who is without sin, cast the first stone".
Old 02-26-2011, 11:39 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitehawk View Post
All of this talk will not stop me from watching the re-runs of the show. Very funny - "Kick a man when he is down" - or even better - "Let he who is without sin, cast the first stone".
Unfortuantly this man needs a kick. Like any other addict he needs to hit bottom (that point is unique for each addict) before he turns back up. Don't get me wrong - I'm rooting for him. But at this point in his cycle he doesn't need enabling and that's what was happening every time he had an incident in the past.

My 2C
Old 02-26-2011, 12:41 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaParkersburg View Post
Russ, How did you know when you hit bottom? Maybe old chuck could use your first hand knowledge to help him find his way.
Never having been an addict I don't know. But there are many programs out there that can help. Don't claim to be an expert but I know many former addicts who admit that they needed to reach their personal rock bottom before they sought real help.
Old 02-26-2011, 01:27 PM
Gold member

It’s one thing to be self destructive but it’s the damage he’s inflicted on everyone around him that I find inexcusable, especially for someone who is making millions of dollars in the entertainment industry.

And he’s no stranger to re-hab either having been up and down more times than Shaquille O'Neal under a basketball hoop.

Here’s a link to some of his more notable accomplishments.
Old 02-26-2011, 02:02 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

I'm with Russ. Charlie has not hit his bottom. Going back to The View and Whoopie, her bottom was when she couldn't get out of bed to go to the bathroom. It has nothing to do with money, it has to do with something finally happening that is unacceptable to your asthetics and morals. Charlie has not found his. Sadly, I'm not really convinced there is anything that would be unacceptable except maybe being unable to do his job. Again, sadly, when he is working, he is working and does his job -- brilliantly most of the time.

It doesn't matter how many scrapes he gets into. It doesn't matter how many times he is forced into rehab. It really doesn't even matter how many times he goes to jail -- like many addicts, he will just get high the second he gets out; jail is just a hiatus. They're not his bottoms.

No question he said some incredibly stupid things and maybe the show being cancelled will be a wake up call. I doubt it was ever his intention for the show to shut down and people become unemployed. He thought he was so necessary that he could say what he wanted and there would be no repercussions. He was wrong.

So, as you are busy condemning and judging him, please have enough compassion to remember that he is an addict and, whether you like it or not, addiction is an illness. An illness that destroys the individual, the people around the individual and causes much heartbreak.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 02-26-2011, 02:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts
Default Well said redwitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
I'm with Russ. Charlie has not hit his bottom. Going back to The View and Whoopie, her bottom was when she couldn't get out of bed to go to the bathroom. It has nothing to do with money, it has to do with something finally happening that is unacceptable to your asthetics and morals. Charlie has not found his. Sadly, I'm not really convinced there is anything that would be unacceptable except maybe being unable to do his job. Again, sadly, when he is working, he is working and does his job -- brilliantly most of the time.

It doesn't matter how many scrapes he gets into. It doesn't matter how many times he is forced into rehab. It really doesn't even matter how many times he goes to jail -- like many addicts, he will just get high the second he gets out; jail is just a hiatus. They're not his bottoms.

No question he said some incredibly stupid things and maybe the show being cancelled will be a wake up call. I doubt it was ever his intention for the show to shut down and people become unemployed. He thought he was so necessary that he could say what he wanted and there would be no repercussions. He was wrong.

So, as you are busy condemning and judging him, please have enough compassion to remember that he is an addict and, whether you like it or not, addiction is an illness. An illness that destroys the individual, the people around the individual and causes much heartbreak.
Old 02-26-2011, 03:20 PM
Sage

It won't be money for Charlie.

With 177 episodes of 2 1/2 in the can he will have money rolling in long after he needs it.

Not many of us know the depths it would take. Let's just hope his bottom comes while he's alive.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.