The U.S. Now Has The Most Cases.

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Old 03-27-2020, 12:36 PM

My doctor now hands masks & sanitizer outside premises. She also wears a mask.
Old 03-27-2020, 01:48 PM
Default Masks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper1 View Post
The sad part of this for me is PPE should be readily available for all of us but it seems the mighty USA can't even get masks to their hospitals. Early on a number of "experts" said wearing an N95 mask would not help curb transmission of the virus, bull!!!!. It is costing thousands of dollars to treat a single person with this virus while these masks, gloves, and hand sanitizer cost almost nothing. Everyone going into a grocery store or working in a store should be wearing at least a N95 mask and gloves but none are available. I know we Americans think we are a lot more intelligent than the Chinese, Koreans, and Japanese but I can't help notice they are all wearing masks and gloves. But cheer up the stock market rallied today with record unemployment claims and there are a million checks going out to everyone who can vote, maybe we can attach a couple rubber bands on them and use them for a mask. Thank you for letting me vent.
I do notice that the masks that most people in other countries are wearing are the basic surgical masks which provide minimal protection , not the N95 masks. Those N95 masks are desperately needed by health care workers who are constantly exposed to the virus, not by the general public.
Old 03-27-2020, 02:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,928 Times in 614 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassjax2 View Post
Have you considered that we are doing more testing than other countries?
Need a link to validate that fact.

I know we talk more about it

Sorry, the gross numbers, you are correcT. i ALWAYS look at per capita stats and of course with our large population center, we lack by a lot......better and quicker start maybe help ?

Last edited by Bucco; 03-27-2020 at 02:36 PM.
Old 03-27-2020, 02:41 PM

South Korea has tested 0.7% of its population, or about 1 test for every 149 residents over that eight-week period. The United States has tested about 0.1% of its population, or 1 test for about every 1,038 residents over the eight-day period.
Old 03-27-2020, 02:43 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
Need a link to validate that fact.

I know we talk more about it

Sorry, the gross numbers, you are correcT. i ALWAYS look at per capita stats and of course with our large population center, we lack by a lot......better and quicker start maybe help ?
That’s funny, people will barely cooperate now with the deceased at their feet just imagine the hysteria if any of these provisions would have been instituted on January 1st of this year. There are a lot of Monday morning quarterbacks and then there is reality.
Old 03-27-2020, 02:45 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,245 Times in 541 Posts

yikes! almost 100,000 cases in the USA, and almost 1500 deaths as of now.

Who would have thought 2 months ago. How our world has changed...
Old 03-27-2020, 05:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,493 Times in 672 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenoc7 View Post
Believing anything that is said in the Coronavirus task force news conferences except by the doctors is extremely dangerous for your health.
YEP...EXACTLY!

Old 03-27-2020, 06:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,493 Times in 672 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
I realize the "national" message is to attack those in New York. Have you checked out Mass ? You have your head in the sand concentrating on New York.

The National message was almost exactly the same as New York's at exactly the same time.

Our leaders are National......again, as much as I can....let's stop laying blame. This is a National crisis, not one in which we look to the mayor of New York for leadership.

If these diversions help you fine, but your "aim" is way way off.

Nailed it!

Old 03-27-2020, 06:13 PM
Sage
Location: East Meadow NY, Brooklyn, Staten Island, Auburn NY, Lake Deaton
Thanked 4,423 Times in 1,333 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanFL View Post
yikes! almost 100,000 cases in the USA, and almost 1500 deaths as of now.

Who would have thought 2 months ago. How our world has changed...
YIKES! 33 million cases and 37,000 deaths from influenza A as of now.
Old 03-27-2020, 06:34 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jklfairwin View Post
I do notice that the masks that most people in other countries are wearing are the basic surgical masks which provide minimal protection , not the N95 masks. Those N95 masks are desperately needed by health care workers who are constantly exposed to the virus, not by the general public.
I am not at all saying we should be taking mask for medical workers just that an ounce of prevention sometimes saves a pound of cure. These masks should have been readily available considering what we know about infectious disease.
Old 03-27-2020, 06:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,928 Times in 614 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper1 View Post
I am not at all saying we should be taking mask for medical workers just that an ounce of prevention sometimes saves a pound of cure. These masks should have been readily available considering what we know about infectious disease.
Maybe we should have had a "Rapid Response Team".....just saying.
Closed Thread

Tags
cases, confirmed, china, italy, passed

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.