Who actually owns

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 03-14-2015, 03:33 PM
BobnBev's Avatar
BobnBev BobnBev is offline
Platinum member
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Sanibel
Posts: 1,973
Thanks: 1
Thanked 157 Times in 70 Posts
Default Who actually owns

Lake Sumter?

The County?
The Villages?
The Morse Family?

Is it considered a "Navigable Waterway" for Coast Guard authority ?

Is there any law enforcement on the Lake?
__________________
Patriot Guard Riders--"Standing for Those Who Have Stood for US"!

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
  #2  
Old 03-14-2015, 03:38 PM
graciegirl graciegirl is offline
Sage
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 39,375
Thanks: 4,171
Thanked 4,653 Times in 1,591 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobnBev View Post
Lake Sumter?

The County?
The Villages?
The Morse Family?

Is it considered a "Navigable Waterway" for Coast Guard authority ?

Is there any law enforcement on the Lake?
THAT is a very good question. I always point out to our guests just visiting here that we have a lighthouse that guides all Ocean Going Ships.


We are so lucky.
  #3  
Old 03-14-2015, 03:48 PM
DougB's Avatar
DougB DougB is offline
Sage
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Hacienda South
Posts: 2,952
Thanks: 1
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

I believe Lake Sumter Landing is just a name created by The Villages. Isn't it actually "Cherry Lake"?
__________________
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
  #4  
Old 03-14-2015, 03:58 PM
JoMar JoMar is offline
Sage
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 4,347
Thanks: 10
Thanked 1,794 Times in 672 Posts
Default

Sumpter Landing CDD
__________________
No one believes the truth when the lie is more interesting

Berks County Pennsylvania
  #5  
Old 03-14-2015, 04:04 PM
graciegirl graciegirl is offline
Sage
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 39,375
Thanks: 4,171
Thanked 4,653 Times in 1,591 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougB View Post
I believe Lake Sumter Landing is just a name created by The Villages. Isn't it actually "Cherry Lake"?

NOOOOO. Then I would have to say; There is no pee in Lake Cherry?
  #6  
Old 03-14-2015, 05:37 PM
pbkmaine's Avatar
pbkmaine pbkmaine is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 438
Thanks: 0
Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Which would also be true.
  #7  
Old 03-14-2015, 05:48 PM
Bizdoc Bizdoc is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Village of Fernandina
Posts: 800
Thanks: 1
Thanked 17 Times in 2 Posts
Default

It isn't navigable and isn't directly connected to a navigable body of water. It is also entirely inside a single state. Coast Guard would have jurisdiction for pollution ("waters of the United States") but not for boating enforcement. No. they don't have a boat or cutter assigned to Lake Sumter (or whatever the heck it really is).
  #8  
Old 03-14-2015, 05:49 PM
billybye billybye is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Village of Santiago
Posts: 343
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Lake Sumter is a retention pond - there is only two lakes in the villages, Lake Miona and one other that I can't remember
  #9  
Old 03-14-2015, 06:29 PM
twoplanekid's Avatar
twoplanekid twoplanekid is offline
Platinum member
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton
Posts: 1,670
Thanks: 3
Thanked 379 Times in 144 Posts
Default

Lake Deaton might be that other lake?
  #10  
Old 03-14-2015, 07:05 PM
TheVillageChicken's Avatar
TheVillageChicken TheVillageChicken is offline
Gold member
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Cloud Cuckoo Land
Posts: 1,303
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizdoc View Post
It isn't navigable and isn't directly connected to a navigable body of water. It is also entirely inside a single state. Coast Guard would have jurisdiction for pollution ("waters of the United States") but not for boating enforcement. No. they don't have a boat or cutter assigned to Lake Sumter (or whatever the heck it really is).
I'm voting for Coast Guard have nothing at all to do with it and EPA being the govt agency having an interest in pollution.
  #11  
Old 03-14-2015, 07:14 PM
graciegirl graciegirl is offline
Sage
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 39,375
Thanks: 4,171
Thanked 4,653 Times in 1,591 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default Lake Sumter

I swear I heard a rumor that her majesty Queen Elizabeth was sailing in on the QE2 and she would run the CDD NORTH of 466. She was going to buy it from the IRS and the POA.

And that the Royal Navy with Prince Harry was going to head up the CDD south of 466.

And Taylor Swift was going to run the area south of 466A where all the YOUNG people live.
  #12  
Old 03-14-2015, 07:28 PM
DonH57's Avatar
DonH57 DonH57 is offline
Sage
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Village Santo Domingo.
Posts: 3,365
Thanks: 0
Thanked 224 Times in 105 Posts
Send a message via AIM to DonH57
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I swear I heard a rumor that her majesty Queen Elizabeth was sailing in on the QE2 and she would run the CDD NORTH of 466. She was going to buy it from the IRS and the POA.

And that the Royal Navy with Prince Harry was going to head up the CDD south of 466.

And Taylor Swift was going to run the area south of 466A where all the YOUNG people live.
Hope the Royal Navy brings back issuing tots of Rum. Yeah.
  #13  
Old 03-14-2015, 07:44 PM
virgind virgind is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 794
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Lake Sumter or what ever you call it was a cow pasture. When they dug it to fill it they used the water from from Miona. But then they really got in trouble. When will people realize every thing here is fake. ( Fantasy land)
  #14  
Old 03-14-2015, 08:04 PM
graciegirl graciegirl is offline
Sage
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 39,375
Thanks: 4,171
Thanked 4,653 Times in 1,591 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgind View Post
Lake Sumter or what ever you call it was a cow pasture. When they dug it to fill it they used the water from from Miona. But then they really got in trouble. When will people realize every thing here is fake. ( Fantasy land)

You like it???
  #15  
Old 03-14-2015, 08:31 PM
dbussone's Avatar
dbussone dbussone is offline
Sage
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,836
Thanks: 0
Thanked 84 Times in 77 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I swear I heard a rumor that her majesty Queen Elizabeth was sailing in on the QE2 and she would run the CDD NORTH of 466. She was going to buy it from the IRS and the POA.



And that the Royal Navy with Prince Harry was going to head up the CDD south of 466.



And Taylor Swift was going to run the area south of 466A where all the YOUNG people live.

Woo Hoo! Who is Taylor Swift?
__________________
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:24 AM.