Will 31 be our lucky number?

Closed Thread
Old 04-28-2009, 05:20 PM
Veteran member
Default I am the same way lol lol!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sschuler1 View Post
Good luck to you too JeanneBeannie! Can't wait to party with you down in TV!!! My hubby thinks I am too picky when I clean for these showings. I even rake my footprints out of the carpet as I back out of the hallway. LOL Maybe I am crazy! But I keep thinking that this could be the one that wants to buy the house, and it needs to look perfect!

My friends think I am too picky too lol! I have the candles going, the classical music going lol, fresh flowers, the whole bit...ugh! We are gonna need a vacation when we finally get to TV!! I love the idea of the rake on the carpet...never thought of that one .....thanks!!
Look forward to meeting you too! . I have two showings tomorrow, so again I will be up at the crack of dawn cleaning and waxing! . Cant wait till this is over yeehaawww!!
Old 04-28-2009, 09:20 PM

sschuler and jeannebeannie I feel for you guy's, It took me almost 3 years to sell in Colorado. I lost 80K. I think I stoled a house here so I made some of it back.
I've been here 3 weeks or so and have been so busy living the tv life that I haven't found my silverware yet. Met some totv people and I'm so glad to be here the 80K seems to have been worth it. Sschuler have a fried pork chop at two brothers for me and do what ever it takes to get here. It will be worth whatever you have to loose in Plymouth to get it sold, At least it was for me.
Hope to meet some day.
Benj
Old 04-30-2009, 07:14 PM
Veteran member

Showing number 45 tomorrow at 4:30 pm. Realtor says it is not the same people that cancelled earlier this week, so we might still end up with another showing this weekend. Oh, pleeeeeeze let this be our buyer!!!
Old 05-01-2009, 05:35 AM
Veteran member
Default Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by benj View Post
sschuler and jeannebeannie I feel for you guy's, It took me almost 3 years to sell in Colorado. I lost 80K. I think I stoled a house here so I made some of it back.
I've been here 3 weeks or so and have been so busy living the tv life that I haven't found my silverware yet. Met some totv people and I'm so glad to be here the 80K seems to have been worth it. Sschuler have a fried pork chop at two brothers for me and do what ever it takes to get here. It will be worth whatever you have to loose in Plymouth to get it sold, At least it was for me.
Hope to meet some day.
Benj
Thank you Benj for your encouragement, it really helps on some days of discouragement around here when there is no action. I also am losing a huge chunk of change, asking $100,000 less this year than last year . Put alot of updates in etc....dumb . But, cant cry over spilled milk my Mother would say, you sound like you are having so much fun in TV that I am sure as soon as I move there all of this will be a distant memory.
Hope to meet you, plannng on being down there late summer.
Jeanne
Old 05-01-2009, 05:42 AM
Veteran member
Default Good Luck!!!!

Quote:
Showing number 45 tomorrow at 4:30 pm. Realtor says it is not the same people that cancelled earlier this week, so we might still end up with another showing this weekend. Oh, pleeeeeeze let this be our buyer!!!
Cool Beans Sschuler...another showing!!! . I will cross my fingers, toes, eyes etc. etc. for you, and say lots of prayers . Please let us know how it goes. Hopefully someday we will all be celebrating in TV!!
Old 05-08-2009, 11:50 AM
Veteran member

Showing number 46 tomorrow morning at 10:45 am. A friend of mine let me borrow a cross with St. Joseph on it (and it was blessed, by whom I don't know!), and I am going to walk around the house with it and say a prayer. The one in the ground hasn't done the trick so far....
Old 05-09-2009, 07:20 AM
Veteran member
Default Good Luck on #46!!

Quote:
Showing number 46 tomorrow morning at 10:45 am. A friend of mine let me borrow a cross with St. Joseph on it (and it was blessed, by whom I don't know!), and I am going to walk around the house with it and say a prayer. The one in the ground hasn't done the trick so far....
Good luck Sschuler on your showing this morning!! You sure deserve it after 45 showings! . It really can wear on a person, with all this waxing and washing . I have a showing at 1:30 today, going to do my best inside, but if I dont get outside to the weeds...I will never sell lol!!
Will be thinking of you at 10:45...good luck!!!
Old 05-09-2009, 08:20 AM
Veteran member

Thanks Jeanne! I'll say a prayer for you around 1:30 pm!!! Wouldn't it be great if we could both find a buyer today?
Old 05-11-2009, 05:33 PM
Veteran member
Smile

Quote:
Thanks Jeanne! I'll say a prayer for you around 1:30 pm!!! Wouldn't it be great if we could both find a buyer today?
I'm sorry Sschuler, I just saw your good wishes. Thank you very much. How did you make out on Saturday with your showing? Mine was a dud lol, well they said they loved it but I didnt get the feeling they were serious buyers . We will both sell soon and be dancing in TV this winter!
Jeanne
Old 05-11-2009, 07:43 PM
Veteran member

Still haven't heard anything from the realtor about the showing on Saturday. Don't know if that is good news or not. We usually hear right away if they don't like it, so maybe? We can only hope....
Old 05-12-2009, 02:10 PM
Gold member
Default A watched pot never boils

We know all too well the feeling of "this may be the one". I doubt that anyone was as obsessive about the sales process as we were. Every day (and sometimes multiple times per day) we checked the multiple listing site to see what our competitors were doing from a price perspective and to track new competitors. This obsession reached a crescendo in January when we actually stooped to effectively "stalking" potential buyers as well as our competitors' open houses.

We finally had enough of this and decided to get away to TV for a couple months. While we were gone, we continued to have showings and multiple open houses but it was somewhat out of our mind at that point. After two glorious months of being away from the home-selling rat race, we needed to get back to start spring clean-up of the yard and gardens. Miraculously, within 5 days of getting back we had two offers on our house! Perhaps that is the secret to home selling - just put it out of your mind and let things happen.
Old 05-12-2009, 03:05 PM
Default I,m jealous

Congrats on the offers. You are so right about the frustration and feeling obsessed. We have reduced the price of our home below market and still we have very few showings. I know our house will sell but I want to get to TV now. Everyone on this sight is so great, I can't wait to call you neighbors. I hope the home inspection and all else goes well in NJ and all us wanabees will be joining you soon. Good luck NJ on the rest of the process.
Old 05-12-2009, 03:15 PM
Location: Village of St. Charles,Binghamton, Conklin, Syracuse, and Tully, NY
Default Wishing you Luck

Have been reading posts of several of you having houses for sale. Good luck to all of you. We have had ours on the market only 10 days so far. I think it's great if you get people looking, even though it's hard keeping it "sparkling" all the time. We have told ourselves we will come up with a "plan B" that will somehow get us to TV one way or another if the house doesn't sell this summer. It's on a lake, that's why we think this is the most opportune time to sell it.
Old 05-16-2009, 05:26 PM
Veteran member

Showing #47 tomorrow at 12:30 pm. We have seen a few lookers in our driveway in the last few days taking a flier out of the box. The one that looked today sat staring at the house for a good ten minutes. Hopefully we will get a few more showings coming up too! I stained the decking in the backyard today, but don't have time to powerwash and stain the deck in the front. They should understand that it is the beginning of spring and that we will finish that as well. We had too many rainy days this week to get it all done. Oh, well....you can only do what you can do!!
Old 05-16-2009, 05:54 PM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Showing #47 tomorrow at 12:30 pm. We have seen a few lookers in our driveway in the last few days taking a flier out of the box. The one that looked today sat staring at the house for a good ten minutes. Hopefully we will get a few more showings coming up too! I stained the decking in the backyard today, but don't have time to powerwash and stain the deck in the front. They should understand that it is the beginning of spring and that we will finish that as well. We had too many rainy days this week to get it all done. Oh, well....you can only do what you can do!!
Good luck, SS.. I'm prayin for ya'!!!!

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.