Ann Coulter May 21

Old 05-24-2011, 05:59 PM
n/a

Default Zzzzzzzzzzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
Actor..."she's a skank"......and your point is Dems are not use to realist. They prefer their news folded into large doses of illusionary euphoria. So when someone like Annie unfolds a truth the immediate reaction is " that won't compute" "that won't compute" But I will defend your right to do so
You're full of you know what.
Old 05-24-2011, 06:20 PM
n/a

Default Amazing

I'm amazed that Newt Gingrich has escaped comment in this thread.
Old 05-24-2011, 10:59 PM
n/a

You will hear me call Ann Coulter a Right Wing-Nut but I also gave her a lot of praise for her business sense and capability. Personally, I think she is a mighty good looking lady. The Republicans do have some nice looking ladies as their columnists and talk show hosts.

This name calling of skank and "full of you know what" is just childish. I assume all of us are adults on this forum. Let's start acting like it.
Old 05-25-2011, 01:47 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbugs View Post
You will hear me call Ann Coulter a Right Wing-Nut but I also gave her a lot of praise for her business sense and capability. Personally, I think she is a mighty good looking lady. The Republicans do have some nice looking ladies as their columnists and talk show hosts.

This name calling of skank and "full of you know what" is just childish. I assume all of us are adults on this forum. Let's start acting like it.
Tbugs, although you are a left wing-nut, I agree with you fully on the content of your post. We need to get past the name calling and character assassinations that have characterized far too many of these threads.

We can enjoy discussing the issues without the thread degenerating into name calling and remarks intended to be cute, but falling miserably short of the mark. I enjoy political discussion, but on a maturity level above middle school.
Old 05-25-2011, 04:10 AM
n/a

Default Newt was mentioned

on initial thread.....

I occasionally "walk in the Valley of death" (Political forum) to keep up with "Current" events but it does get mean! As to mean-spirited Miss C, I usually schedule a "root canal" during her interviews, more pleasant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages Kahuna View Post
I'm amazed that Newt Gingrich has escaped comment in this thread.
Old 05-25-2011, 07:54 AM
n/a

BBQ Man,

A "left wing-nut" is probably the nicest thing I have been referred to on this forum. Thanks. I actually appreciate it. I would have included "elitist liberal" but will settle for left wing-nut.

Even though you are still on the Dark Side, you have the right idea about this forum. Hopefully, it will be a place for good discussion and we all can learn something. Maybe you can be convinced to see the light and come to our side - but I am not counting on that.

Have a good day and enjoy yourself.
Old 05-25-2011, 08:04 AM
n/a

Default I Think We All Understand The Point

Whether we lean left or right, the posts in this thread seem to demonstrate that we all know and understand what's happening with Ann Coulter. Indeed, she is a pretty, smart (top student and member of the Law Review while at the University of Michigan Law School), and obviously a terrific businesswoman.

Let's not forget how Ann Coulter, or any columnist, makes their money--whether they be ultra-liberal, ultra-conservative or maybe focused only on a narrow subject or issue. They don't have to be "right" or intelligent or reasonable. All they need to do is write things that cause people to read their columns. People can read because they believe what is written or because they are aggravated or maybe just entertained. It makes no difference. If readership is high, more papers syndicate her column, she gets more TV interview invitations, and she makes lots and lots more money.

Ann Coulter does a great job of making money for herself. If anyone thinks that her purpose in writing what she does is anything more purposeful than that, maybe you should think more deeply about it.
Old 05-25-2011, 09:21 AM
n/a

Quote:
Whether we lean left or right, the posts in this thread seem to demonstrate that we all know and understand what's happening with Ann Coulter. Indeed, she is a pretty, smart (top student and member of the Law Review while at the University of Michigan Law School), and obviously a terrific businesswoman.

Let's not forget how Ann Coulter, or any columnist, makes their money--whether they be ultra-liberal, ultra-conservative or maybe focused only on a narrow subject or issue. They don't have to be "right" or intelligent or reasonable. All they need to do is write things that cause people to read their columns. People can read because they believe what is written or because they are aggravated or maybe just entertained. It makes no difference. If readership is high, more papers syndicate her column, she gets more TV interview invitations, and she makes lots and lots more money.

Ann Coulter does a great job of making money for herself. If anyone thinks that her purpose in writing what she does is anything more purposeful than that, maybe you should think more deeply about it.
She is doing no more that all your mothers and fathers and good teachers have advised and instructed all of you to do your entire childhood. Do what you love and what gets you excited, if you can, and you'll have a happy and successful career and a great life.

Sure she's making lots of money, but it doesn't mean she's not doing what she loves and what she believes in. Her career grew to the point it's at now because of her perseverance and her passion for her work and her ability to convey her observations to the world in an entertaining way. To try to demean her accomplishments as mere avarice devoid of true conviction or a sense of purpose is not thinking deeply about it , in my opinion.
Old 05-25-2011, 11:24 AM
n/a

I dreamed about Annie last night
Old 05-25-2011, 11:37 AM
n/a

Default Agree...Mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieLion View Post
...Sure she's making lots of money, but it doesn't mean she's not doing what she loves and what she believes in....To try to demean her accomplishments as mere avarice devoid of true conviction or a sense of purpose is not thinking deeply about it , in my opinion.
I agree completely. No one could write or talk the ideas that Coulter espouses without some conviction. But I would propose that both the ideas that are the basis of her columns as well as the words she chooses to express them are designed to gain the readership of as many people as possible. She knows full well that her columns are read by people who agree completely with her ideas, as well as those who read her writings just to make themselves mad. She's happy with either because her readership increases and she makes more money. That's the fundamental difference between being a "columnist" and a "reporter".

Do I agree with almost anything Ann Coulter says? No. She's far too shrill for me. So do I read her columns very often? No. But am I proud of her accomplishments as a fellow University of Michigan alum? Absolutely. Do I think she's pretty? I've always like blondes.

If you thought I was demaeaning her accomplishments, Richie, I think you need to think more deeply about what I said.
Old 05-25-2011, 12:02 PM
n/a

Default For instance

Ann could say Obama's domestic agenda and especially his stimulus package and health care plan were so poorly built and doneso under handedly that it created an adverse reaction in the normally subdued middle class. Wherein her Democrat liberal counterpart would counter with a three word sentence. You're a racist! Ann Coulter is a highly gifted wordsmith, well studied about the issues in which she speaks. Love her or hate her she is good at what she does.
Old 05-25-2011, 12:34 PM
n/a

Shall we all take up a collection to buy Rubicon an Ann Coulter blow-up doll?
Old 05-25-2011, 03:22 PM
n/a

Default Tbug can't you

see how proud I would be having Annie blow up doll sitting next to me in my golf cart while we cruise the town squares. Then we could do some line dancing , followed by sharing an Ambrosia . So kool.
Old 05-25-2011, 03:57 PM
n/a

Quote:
VK; this is the sentence in your post I was referencing. I don't think I need to rethink anything; do I?

I glad that you, unlike unthinking haters, at least recognize her talent, intelligence and media smarts. What most people can't get past is her constant sarcasm toward people and arguments she finds moronic.

I'm not saying I always agree with her, although I often do, I'm just making an observation. Her sarcastic sense of humor turns some people off, but I've always liked a wicked sense of humor.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.