Bigots in The Villages

Old 06-13-2016, 05:57 PM
n/a

"There is a principle that will banish a man to eternal ignorance, and that is contempt prior to investigation"
Old 06-13-2016, 06:02 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
"There is a principle that will banish a man to eternal ignorance, and that is contempt prior to investigation"
Good Grief Charlie Brown .
Old 06-13-2016, 06:09 PM
n/a

Quote:
Bigotry is a Belief System without a specific hierarchy as is the case with many of the World`s major Belief Systems especially those Belief Systems prevalent in Asian Countries .
The racial hierarchy, with White groups of European origin at the top and people of color at the bottom, serves important functions for society and for certain categories of people. It ensures, for example, that some people are available to do society's dirty work at low wages. The racial hierarchy has positive consequences for the status quo: It enables the powerful to retain their control and their advantages. Racial stratification also offers better occupational opportunities, income, and education to White people. These advantages constitute racial privilege (Eitzen et al., 2011:209).Chapter 8: Racial & Ethnic Inequality

Don't bigots believe in racial hierarchy with them at the top?
Old 06-13-2016, 06:21 PM
n/a

Quote:
Oh no. You called me gay. That's funny.
Did you see my post on how many people believe that 23% of the population is gay?

Why do you think that's so?
I honestly cant tell one poster from the other, they all say "Guest". Possibly you can share your wisdom, so I can judge a person by more than one post.

I have no idea why anyone would compare a gun club membership to the gay population %, unless they were gay and just wanted to whine about it more...
Old 06-13-2016, 06:31 PM
n/a

Quote:
I honestly cant tell one poster from the other, they all say "Guest". Possibly you can share your wisdom, so I can judge a person by more than one post.

I have no idea why anyone would compare a gun club membership to the gay population %, unless they were gay and just wanted to whine about it more...
I'll rephrase the question. Why would people polled by Pew believe that 23% of the population are gay when it's less then 4%?

Less than 2% of the population are in the NRA. But I would have guessed it was more like 15% considering how powerful they are.

I think it's perception. Neither one is a very large group but both groups get a good deal of the media's attention.
Old 06-13-2016, 06:32 PM
n/a

Quote:
"Whereas 38% of Americans said gay and lesbian relations were morally acceptable in 2002, that number has risen to 63% today. And while 35% of Americans favored legalized same-sex marriage in 1999, 60% favor it today." I guess you are in the minority in your thinking according to this Gallop pole.
I am happy to be in the minority on that stuff! Maybe they just favored it so they would stop whining on TV every night (kind of like "whatever go FU(K yourself", but more like "whatever go SU(K your partner till you choke". Surely they don't hope their children grow up to be gays.

If 3.8% of the population can whine that much to sway public opinion in that short of time. Just think what 40% of Americans (that do not "favor it") can accomplish!
Old 06-13-2016, 06:36 PM
n/a

Quote:
I'll rephrase the question. Why would people polled by Pew believe that 23% of the population are gay when it's less then 4%?

Less than 2% of the population are in the NRA. But I would have guessed it was more like 15% considering how powerful they are.

I think it's perception. Neither one is a very large group but both groups get a good deal of the media's attention.
Ok got your point. Yes, I suppose perception has a lot to do with many things. As someone on here always complains "the media tells us what they want us to hear".

You going to share how to keep straight who the posts are by?
Old 06-13-2016, 06:39 PM
n/a

Quote:
Just think what 40% of Americans (that do not "favor it") can accomplish!
Or Radical Islamic groups...
Old 06-13-2016, 06:48 PM
n/a

Quote:
Bigotry is a Belief System without a specific hierarchy as is the case with many of the World`s major Belief Systems especially those Belief Systems prevalent in Asian Countries .
This statement means in simple terms that Bigotry as a Belief System has no infrastructural hierarchy such as a Pope , Cardinals or Bishops .

This is similar to most of the Eastern Belief Systems / Religions which have no hierarchy such as " Hinduism ", Shintoism , Confucianism, and Buddhism .
Old 06-13-2016, 07:25 PM
n/a

Quote:
Ok got your point. Yes, I suppose perception has a lot to do with many things. As someone on here always complains "the media tells us what they want us to hear".

You going to share how to keep straight who the posts are by?
No I don't that's it, mostly. The agenda of the LBGT is completely different from the NRA. The media can't be mostly from the left if they spend so much time on the NRA and visa versa.

I don't know what to think. My hunch is that they are sideshows, a cover story meant to keep your mind off what's going on in the center ring, something that really matters.

I haven't figured it out yet.
Old 06-13-2016, 07:40 PM
n/a

Quote:
This statement means in simple terms that Bigotry as a Belief System has no infrastructural hierarchy such as a Pope , Cardinals or Bishops .

This is similar to most of the Eastern Belief Systems / Religions which have no hierarchy such as " Hinduism ", Shintoism , Confucianism, and Buddhism .
Bigotry certainly places someone who looks like you at the top. And someone who looks like all the racist photographs you see on TOTV at the bottom. You don't need to be called the Pope of the Villages to be superior. Do you?
Old 06-13-2016, 07:45 PM
n/a

Quote:
Good Grief Charlie Brown .
Too hard for you to understand?
Old 06-13-2016, 07:47 PM
n/a

Quote:
Bigotry certainly places someone who looks like you at the top. And someone who looks like all the racist photographs you see on TOTV at the bottom. You don't need to be called the Pope of the Villages to be superior. Do you?
Bigotry does not have any structured or consistent rules . It is an individual belief system .
Old 06-13-2016, 07:50 PM
n/a

Some people like to hear themselves talk, and it spills over to their written comments on forums!
Old 06-13-2016, 07:52 PM
n/a

Quote:
Bigotry does not have any structured or consistent rules . It is an individual belief system .
Is someone at the top? Is someone at the bottom? Is it consistent what the person at the top looks like or can it sometimes by a black person or a muslim or someone who is gay?

They have a caste system in India. In descending order, the classes are as follows:

Brahmana (now more commonly spelled Brahmin): Consist of those engaged in scriptural education and teaching, essential for the continuation of knowledge.
Kshatriya: Take on all forms of public service, including administration, maintenance of law and order, and defense.
Vaishya: Engage in commercial activity as businessmen.
Shudra: Work as semi-skilled and unskilled laborers.

Why do Americans have the phrase "at the bottom of the barrel"?

Tags
person, villages, bigots

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.