Clinton buying votes….again….no….yet!

Old 11-11-2015, 02:33 PM
n/a

It is obvious the postings and the media who are in favor of ALWAYS increasing the minimum wage....they have no knowledge what the impact will be on small businesses and the different way the bigger ones will run their business.

There is only so much money left in the pot after all the bills are paid to pay the help.

It will come out to be more money.....FOR FEWER PEOPLE!!

If $15 per hour is what the minimum wage for no experience, no education, no knowledge, no qualifications (until trained) what will raisng the floor closer to those with some skills do? Of course it will incite them to require more for contributing and knowing more.

The other very important aspect of this entire charade is that minimum wage was never ever intended to provide a living wage or support a family and all the other perks of life that all of a sudden have become part of the equation to warrant higher minimum wages.

Politicians and supporters of increasing minimum wages who have no idea or understand anything having to do with running a business or profit and loss.

Only buying votes and providing more handouts......with absolutely no idea what they are doing!
Old 11-11-2015, 02:41 PM
n/a

here is an interesting historical chart (for those who understand charts).

So the proposal is to more than double what is the current minimum wage of $7.25 (as shown).

The chart wouls loudly shout......REALLY!!

Also check out the timing of the last largest increases.....sometime in the last 7 years!!

Totally and completely out to lunch.

Fix the economy and create more jobs so people (who want to) can advance their skills and their incomes. The rest can stay behind at truly MINIMUM WAGES.......as chosen.
Old 11-11-2015, 02:42 PM
n/a

oooopss here is the chart:

Minimum wage since 1938 - CNNMoney

Old 11-11-2015, 02:53 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
CHI.....I am one who criticizes you,and your little pals, often for your little zings.

HOWEVER I agree that was not necessary at all

That sarcasm is not necessary, HOWEVER, having said that....the poster was responding to a member of your little gang and she is infamous on here for repeating the same things over and over totally unrelated to any real issues, ridiculing and she can get under your skin a bit. THAT is the motive of your gang I assume, but it does go both ways, and is unnecessary.

It would be nice to read one of you actually discussing issues or telling everyone why your candidate is best for the country.

They should have both an adult and children section on here.
Your post makes a lot of sense. The Guest disguise makes it hard on all who want to have a real discourse where thoughts and ideas can be exchanged. The malcontents and trolls would be tagged.
Old 11-11-2015, 04:27 PM
n/a

Quote:
Your post makes a lot of sense. The Guest disguise makes it hard on all who want to have a real discourse where thoughts and ideas can be exchanged. The malcontents and trolls would be tagged.
Chi-town, are you kidding? How can you call anyone else a troll? And as far as the difference between "guest" and a moniker like "chi-town" is what???? All forums are anonymous, no matter what name you attach to it.
Old 11-11-2015, 04:33 PM
n/a

Quote:
When you went from Hillary to Shrillary did you just cross the troll line?
That was the kinder of two identifiers I have for her. The other one ryhmes with witch, as in the wicked witch of OZ (DC).

Sorry chi, if I am not well versed in PC. How about PR (political rhetoric)?
Old 11-11-2015, 04:36 PM
n/a

Quote:
I am a bit confused.

YOU are part of the little band of guys and gals who mock people on here. For whatever reason, we see your name, but most know who the others are. I suppose it is good for them to "hide" behind GUEST, but most are not ashamed of their views, but trolling under you real name does get you a rep I suppose.

I wish the guest thing would go away. I am not embarrassed by my views and have posted them here for years.

If we got rid of GUEST, it might give me pause when I reply to your troll gang however., because I get goaded by their immaturity a lot
Old 11-11-2015, 07:29 PM
n/a

AJ, BTK, MD, et al. You see me...I see you. Who cares? This forum wouldn't be nearly as interesting without your interactions (or this thread). Unfortunately, we need some new blood in this game or it will just be the gang of 6 vs. the gang of trolls.
Old 11-11-2015, 07:39 PM
n/a

Quote:
AJ, BTK, MD, et al. You see me...I see you. Who cares? This forum wouldn't be nearly as interesting without your interactions (or this thread). Unfortunately, we need some new blood in this game or it will just be the gang of 6 vs. the gang of trolls.
First of all, if you see this as a "game" then my expectations of exchanging ideas will never be met !!! That "game" remark really stands out to me.

Next, I have asked and investigated and can tell you with no much fear of contradiction that the "gang of 6" never existed and does not exist now at all. That was a term used by ONE poster and he passed it on and it was begun because there were a number of posters who wanted an exchange of ideas and thus posted them. There was this other small group, and while I do not like the use of the name troll, that fits them. They had zero interest in exchanging ideas, simply wanted to create havoc and have fun among themselves. So, that mistaken group never existed and does not exist in any number less than or more than 6 in anyway.

Actually, the fact that you mention that term tells my your group.

I suppose you sum it up now that I know where you are coming from. To you and your pals, this is a game to be played. To others it is a forum to exchange ideas.
Old 11-11-2015, 07:46 PM
n/a

I might add....the "gang of trolls" is a new term and I know the person who coined it.

There are a few posters who have been thrown off this board at various times over the years. They, I suppose, feel a bit more entitled than most on here,and feel a cut above. They demostrated that over the years and have been thrown out of here a few times.

That group coined the GANG OF SIX thing in order to mock, because that is what these folks do. They have lied on here, connived on here and played silly little school games and when they got caught, they got pitched.

The GUEST thing here in political takes the pressure off the admin which I am sure was their intent; ie, let the dirty kids play in their own area and we will not even have to respond to complaints (which was the primary reason for the downfall of the original political forum).

The constant repeating of that phrase prompted a few posters to respond by calling those mocking posts and referring to them as a gang of trolls, which in fact they are in every respect of the definition.
Old 11-12-2015, 06:49 AM
n/a

Quote:
I might add....the "gang of trolls" is a new term and I know the person who coined it.

There are a few posters who have been thrown off this board at various times over the years. They, I suppose, feel a bit more entitled than most on here,and feel a cut above. They demostrated that over the years and have been thrown out of here a few times.

That group coined the GANG OF SIX thing in order to mock, because that is what these folks do. They have lied on here, connived on here and played silly little school games and when they got caught, they got pitched.

The GUEST thing here in political takes the pressure off the admin which I am sure was their intent; ie, let the dirty kids play in their own area and we will not even have to respond to complaints (which was the primary reason for the downfall of the original political forum).

The constant repeating of that phrase prompted a few posters to respond by calling those mocking posts and referring to them as a gang of trolls, which in fact they are in every respect of the definition.

Tags
subject, hot, potatoe, usa, issues, votes….again….no….yet, buying, eason, campaign, aiming, clinton

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.