CO Shooting

Old 07-20-2012, 06:28 AM
n/a

Default CO Shooting

Before this gets all political, let's actually wait for the official investigation to release information on the shooter and not listen to all the talking heads saying the same thing over and over.

Everyone can make guess of who, what, when, where, why and how. But until facts are known or discovered its all a guessing game and talking heads want to keep you glued to their station. Me, I am going to wait until officials give their news conference to get the facts straight and not jump to any conclusions.

The endless chatter of the heads is meaningless with out facts to back up anything that they say.

Let's hope that the gun banners wait until facts are released before jumping to ban all firearms. Let's put the blame where it belongs, on the individual who did this act and not the objects that he used.
Old 07-20-2012, 07:43 AM
n/a

Did you put this in political? If so, why?
Old 07-20-2012, 07:59 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figmo Bohica View Post
Before this gets all political, let's actually wait for the official investigation to release information on the shooter and not listen to all the talking heads saying the same thing over and over.

Everyone can make guess of who, what, when, where, why and how. But until facts are known or discovered its all a guessing game and talking heads want to keep you glued to their station. Me, I am going to wait until officials give their news conference to get the facts straight and not jump to any conclusions.

The endless chatter of the heads is meaningless with out facts to back up anything that they say.

Let's hope that the gun banners wait until facts are released before jumping to ban all firearms. Let's put the blame where it belongs, on the individual who did this act and not the objects that he used.
I only believe in the banning of firearms which have no practical everyday use except to arm militias. Any kind of hunting rifle, shotgun, and self-defensive handgun should have the protection of the 2nd Amendment.

This is an horrible thing to happen. If we could de- stigmatize certain mental illnesses maybe this individual could have received some kind of treatment before he/she went off the deep end. I still see libraries as a localized way to fight off the effects as well as the seeds of these kinds of violent attacks through educating the public about mental illnesses, survivors/victims rights, and the criminal justice system. We just have to some how want to get librarians, the justice system, police, social services, and educators to work together in this.
Old 07-20-2012, 08:39 AM
n/a

We know the talking heads have only one objective....to keep the clueless glued to their screen.

One of these days the real culprit in these incidents will be displayed. That is the fact we as a society not only condone but promote violence. Just pay attention to the subject matter of far too many tv programs and almost all movies. It has been going on for years. Parents allow their children to be trained by everything except common sense. The permissive culture denies nobody to promote violence.

Unfortunately because most adults enjoy the violence it is not a priority to eliminate the daily drumming of our young with violence at every turn.

There is no mystery to the behavior of the few who go off the deep end....using tactics learned from tv and movies....what they use to do the job is merely a cop out of the real problem. We certainly would not expect politicians to go against the entertainment business (other wise known as cash support).

btk
Old 07-20-2012, 09:15 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
I only believe in the banning of firearms which have no practical everyday use except to arm militias. Any kind of hunting rifle, shotgun, and self-defensive handgun should have the protection of the 2nd Amendment.
The 2d Amendment was not put in the Bill of Rights so that you can hunt or for hand gun self defense. It was placed there so that if a rogue government ever tried to take over, the common citizen would be able to protect themselves from Government.

No matter how many firearms laws are passed, criminals will always find away to get a firearm. Pass laws that affect the criminal, not laws that affect the law abiding citizen. Only those that obey the law to start with will obey any NEW firearm law, they aren't called criminals for obeying the laws and obeying our laws start at the top and work down. Hint, WH, Congress, SCOTUS and the rest of our leaders, local, state and Federal.
Old 07-20-2012, 09:16 AM
n/a

Reference Post #3. Question asked, question answered.
Old 07-20-2012, 09:31 AM
n/a

Be armed and be trained.
Old 07-20-2012, 10:28 AM
n/a

Quote:
The 2d Amendment was not put in the Bill of Rights so that you can hunt or for hand gun self defense. It was placed there so that if a rogue government ever tried to take over, the common citizen would be able to protect themselves from Government.

No matter how many firearms laws are passed, criminals will always find away to get a firearm. Pass laws that affect the criminal, not laws that affect the law abiding citizen. Only those that obey the law to start with will obey any NEW firearm law, they aren't called criminals for obeying the laws and obeying our laws start at the top and work down. Hint, WH, Congress, SCOTUS and the rest of our leaders, local, state and Federal.
Find that the 1776 idea of a militia is very archaic when compared with realities in 2012. 2nd Amendment Bearing Arms - U.S. Constitution - Findlaw

I would also think that to take down a rogue element of the US government you would need tanks, missiles, and probably nuclear weapons. The weapons of war are so different now from the muskets, swords, tomahawks, clubs, knives, and cannons from the Revolutionary War.
Old 07-20-2012, 10:35 AM
n/a

"I would also think that to take down a rogue element of the US government you would need tanks, missiles, and probably nuclear weapons. The weapons of war are so different now from the muskets, swords, tomahawks, clubs, knives, and cannons from the Revolutionary War."

I tried using that same analogy a few months ago when one of the posters said that the private citizen should have the same weapons of the armed forces. The conservative gun nuts ridiculed me. What else would one expect from the gun nuts?
Old 07-20-2012, 10:54 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggyone View Post
"I would also think that to take down a rogue element of the US government you would need tanks, missiles, and probably nuclear weapons. The weapons of war are so different now from the muskets, swords, tomahawks, clubs, knives, and cannons from the Revolutionary War."

I tried using that same analogy a few months ago when one of the posters said that the private citizen should have the same weapons of the armed forces. The conservative gun nuts ridiculed me. What else would one expect from the gun nuts?
Can you think about what would have happened if this James Holmes-- the alleged Aurora, CO movie theater shooter-- had a few grenades??

James Holmes Identified As 24-Year-Old Suspect In Denver Shootings (PHOTOS, LIVEBLOG)
Old 07-20-2012, 11:01 AM
n/a

The Syrians seem to be doing just fine in taking down a "rogue" government who is using tanks, missiles and other modern weapons against ordinary citizens. Arguement above does not hold water.
Old 07-20-2012, 11:05 AM
n/a

Quote:
Can you think about what would have happened if this James Holmes-- the alleged Aurora, CO movie theater shooter-- had a few grenades??

James Holmes Identified As 24-Year-Old Suspect In Denver Shootings (PHOTOS, LIVEBLOG)
What makes you think that he could not have gotten hold of a few of them. Anything you want can be bought on the black market if you have enough money. Law abiding citizens will obey the law, criminals will not. Guess that is why they are called criminals.
Old 07-20-2012, 11:16 AM
n/a

Quote:
What makes you think that he could not have gotten hold of a few of them. Anything you want can be bought on the black market if you have enough money. Law abiding citizens will obey the law, criminals will not. Guess that is why they are called criminals.
My guess is that James Holmes is a mentally ill loner who would not work well with others in any way, shape, or form. He was someone driven over the edge by whatever demons he has.

Most criminals I have come in contact with-- I represented a large number of MN prisoners at Minnesota Correctional Facility/Stillwater as a student attorney in their civil matters-- were able to interact with other people in some way.

Most of the mass shooters I remember are gun nuts but also loners who would have some trouble getting guns unless there parents/relatives are also gun nuts.
Old 07-20-2012, 11:24 AM
n/a

Quote:
Most of the mass shooters I remember are gun nuts but also loners who would have some trouble getting guns unless there parents/relatives are also gun nuts.
Do you have a problem with law abiding citizens who own guns? Is that way you use the term GUN NUTS.
Old 07-20-2012, 11:29 AM
n/a

Quote:
The Syrians seem to be doing just fine in taking down a "rogue" government who is using tanks, missiles and other modern weapons against ordinary citizens. Arguement above does not hold water.
And what are the Syrians rebels using?? My guess is they are being armed by other governments interested in toppling the current Syrian regime.

We and others had to arm the Taliban to take on the Soviets in Afghanistan. That really came back and bit us in the....

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.