CPAC Straw Poll

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
 
Thread Tools
  #31  
Old 03-08-2015, 07:04 AM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Dear Guest: Perhaps you need to take a another look the bailout of GM penalized taxpayers, ignored creditors rights unlawfully handed over a good portion of ownership to the union and only temporarily halted the bad financial situation with GM. In fact the entire bailout of the country by Obama was wasted because it was siphoned off by his greedy friends who produced nothing .

As for the stock market the only winners are the extremely rich investors and the only reason the market was doing well was because of the Fed's policy of QE and )% interest rates. The commercial investors have been on a sugar high now addicted and facing the fact that the Fed can't continue to hold back interest rates. Worse yet if you an individual that relies on CD's money market account savings accounts it has actually cost you to have banks hold your money. Retirees who relied on interest bearing accounts have lost big time. Do yourself a favor when any agency etc produces a glowing report review it with skepticism . The economy is set to take off only if the government get the heck out of the way and stops picking winners and losers such as GM and green industries that continue to fail

Personal Best Regards:
Most of the people I associate with in the The Villages are very happy with their portfolio and are not commercial investors nor very rich. It has managed to provide them a very happy and comfortable lifestyle here. Fortunately, their returns are based on record profits of private industry who have also done very well. Interest bearing accounts have always losing investment since the bank is taking that money to invest what that account holder should have invested in the first place. Therefore, the bank wins and you lose.

Ask the good people who work in the auto industry who sold a record amount of vehicles if the bailout was wasted on GM and Chrysler. I believe they are very with their jobs and bonuses they received. Also, the bailout was a win-win for those companies, the people who worked there and the American Taxpayer to a total of more the $53 billion in profit! Nice investment for America!

see http://projects.propublica.org/bailout/
  #32  
Old 03-08-2015, 12:17 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Sounds like your family did not contribute to the sale of a record number of automobiles where that industry was saved by the feds. Were they able to take advantage of fantastic recovery of the stock market due to record profits by private industry? I know several blue states including California have state surpluses now that the economy is booming. Sounds like your family is a minority in the recovery. That is unfortunate.
Ironically, the unemployed/underemployed are healthcare workers, an industry that the feds now have their hands all over! Unfortunately, with the low reimbursement rates from many of these federally funded programs, most organizations can no longer carry the salaries of many professionals, so many are being let go or cuts are being made in various ways that will ultimately negatively impact the consumer. Many jobs performed previously by highly trained professionals are now being taken over by barely more than high school graduates - scary, indeed! Govt involvement does not often, if ever, result in higher standards, better service, or better quality.
  #33  
Old 03-08-2015, 12:38 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Ironically, the unemployed/underemployed are healthcare workers, an industry that the feds now have their hands all over! Unfortunately, with the low reimbursement rates from many of these federally funded programs, most organizations can no longer carry the salaries of many professionals, so many are being let go or cuts are being made in various ways that will ultimately negatively impact the consumer. Many jobs performed previously by highly trained professionals are now being taken over by barely more than high school graduates - scary, indeed! Govt involvement does not often, if ever, result in higher standards, better service, or better quality.
Remember that, per the dogma of the secular religion known as Liberalism, it's intentions that matter, not results
  #34  
Old 03-08-2015, 01:02 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Ironically, the unemployed/underemployed are healthcare workers, an industry that the feds now have their hands all over! Unfortunately, with the low reimbursement rates from many of these federally funded programs, most organizations can no longer carry the salaries of many professionals, so many are being let go or cuts are being made in various ways that will ultimately negatively impact the consumer. Many jobs performed previously by highly trained professionals are now being taken over by barely more than high school graduates - scary, indeed! Govt involvement does not often, if ever, result in higher standards, better service, or better quality.
Health care has been one of best performing sectors of the stock market of the last few years. For example Janus Global Life Sciences has had annualized return of 38% over the last three years (which means it doubles every two years!) Therefore, these have been very good years for these private companies. In addition, the salaries of a registered nurse fresh out of school is now approaching $100k/yr. Sounds like to mean, the reimbursement rates have not had a negative effect on profits nor compensation for highly trained professionals.
  #35  
Old 03-08-2015, 01:41 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Most of the people I associate with in the The Villages are very happy with their portfolio and are not commercial investors nor very rich. It has managed to provide them a very happy and comfortable lifestyle here. Fortunately, their returns are based on record profits of private industry who have also done very well. Interest bearing accounts have always losing investment since the bank is taking that money to invest what that account holder should have invested in the first place. Therefore, the bank wins and you lose.

Ask the good people who work in the auto industry who sold a record amount of vehicles if the bailout was wasted on GM and Chrysler. I believe they are very with their jobs and bonuses they received. Also, the bailout was a win-win for those companies, the people who worked there and the American Taxpayer to a total of more the $53 billion in profit! Nice investment for America!

see http://projects.propublica.org/bailout/
Again the investment returns are based on an industry that is getting favorable treatment because of the Fed's policies. It is uncertain if the bull market will continue once the Fed exits. so far they have been reluctant to do so. Chrysler has bee helped more by Fiat then the bailout it received.
GM is headed for real problems Ask the GM creditors if it was a win win for them The so called $53 million i n profit was illusory in that it was trickery accounting.
  #36  
Old 03-08-2015, 01:57 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Again the investment returns are based on an industry that is getting favorable treatment because of the Fed's policies. It is uncertain if the bull market will continue once the Fed exits. so far they have been reluctant to do so. Chrysler has bee helped more by Fiat then the bailout it received.
GM is headed for real problems Ask the GM creditors if it was a win win for them The so called $53 million i n profit was illusory in that it was trickery accounting.

It is unfortunate that IF you do not agree with some figures, it is trickery accounting. The feds bought part of company at certain stock price and sold it a higher price. That is investment returns (559 out of 780 investments were profitable). Also, if as you state the healthcare industry is getting favorable treatment but at the same time are being underfunded due to fed policy and can't afford to pay its professionals. So how is the fed helping or hurting the industry?
  #37  
Old 03-08-2015, 02:36 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Health care has been one of best performing sectors of the stock market of the last few years. For example Janus Global Life Sciences has had annualized return of 38% over the last three years (which means it doubles every two years!) Therefore, these have been very good years for these private companies. In addition, the salaries of a registered nurse fresh out of school is now approaching $100k/yr. Sounds like to mean, the reimbursement rates have not had a negative effect on profits nor compensation for highly trained professionals.
Those numbers all sound wonderful, but the REALITY is good luck finding and retaining a job. Never before have I seen more nurses, pharmacists, and various other healthcare professionals unable to find jobs. Many young people who had intentions of going to college for healthcare professions are telling me they are being discouraged because of all of the negative feedback they are receiving from the REAL job market. It is NOT a good time for healthcare. I read all kinds of similar info like that which you quote above, even in professional journals, etc - those of us still out in the trenches find it laughable if it wasn't so disturbing. My husband has taken it upon himself to try and educate the educators involved in these professions and even some of them are beginning to acknowledge these truths. It will all come out in the end - unfortunately, unless something changes, it won't be very pretty.
  #38  
Old 03-08-2015, 03:05 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Were they able to take advantage of fantastic recovery of the stock market due to record profits by private industry? I know several blue states including California have state surpluses now that the economy is booming.
You are terribly misinformed. California has a minor surplus due solely to large tax increases voted in by the masses of unsuccessful liberals upon the successful. Tax revenue is flat otherwise.

The fantastic recovery of the stock market is largely attributable to the Fed's Quantitative Easing and record low interest rates. Investors are all but forced into stocks to stay ahead of inflation. It's very clever - one arm of government issues $1 TRILLION of Treasury debt and another arm of government purchases it.

Companies are struggling, but slowly recovering in spite of incredibly burdensome regulation and choking taxation. Imagine where this country could be if the president had a clue about economics.
  #39  
Old 03-08-2015, 03:12 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Health care has been one of best performing sectors of the stock market of the last few years. For example Janus Global Life Sciences has had annualized return of 38% over the last three years (which means it doubles every two years!) Therefore, these have been very good years for these private companies. In addition, the salaries of a registered nurse fresh out of school is now approaching $100k/yr. Sounds like to mean, the reimbursement rates have not had a negative effect on profits nor compensation for highly trained professionals.
Do you have any clue why healthcare has been performing so well? I strongly doubt you do. Hint: it has "something" to do with Obamacare, electronic medical records and the efforts of scientists creating pharmaceuticals.

$100k starting nurse salary -

There are ALWAYS a rare exception such as attracting a nurse to Nome, Alaska with $, but the average starting salary for nurses is nowhere near $100k...(I'll Google it later when I get a minute.)
  #40  
Old 03-08-2015, 03:45 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
You are terribly misinformed. California has a minor surplus due solely to large tax increases voted in by the masses of unsuccessful liberals upon the successful. Tax revenue is flat otherwise.

The fantastic recovery of the stock market is largely attributable to the Fed's Quantitative Easing and record low interest rates. Investors are all but forced into stocks to stay ahead of inflation. It's very clever - one arm of government issues $1 TRILLION of Treasury debt and another arm of government purchases it.

Companies are struggling, but slowly recovering in spite of incredibly burdensome regulation and choking taxation. Imagine where this country could be if the president had a clue about economics.
I am from California and you are misinformed. Tax revenue is not flat. They are definitely not flat in Wisconsin where there is $2B deficit (Difficult state budget a 'self-inflicted wound' : Wsj) as a result of Walker's failed policy.

The stock market is performing well because of low inflation and prospering companies enjoying record profits as a percentage of sales (in excess of 13%). The Treasury debt is being bought by individuals and companies from all of world because they have tremendous faith in the USA. I believe you have a misunderstanding of how government bonds are sold.
  #41  
Old 03-08-2015, 05:12 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
I am from California and you are misinformed. Tax revenue is not flat. They are definitely not flat in Wisconsin where there is $2B deficit (Difficult state budget a 'self-inflicted wound' : Wsj) as a result of Walker's failed policy.

The stock market is performing well because of low inflation and prospering companies enjoying record profits as a percentage of sales (in excess of 13%). The Treasury debt is being bought by individuals and companies from all of world because they have tremendous faith in the USA. I believe you have a misunderstanding of how government bonds are sold.
Our dear Democrat governor Brown threatened the uninformed liberal masses in California with cuts to police, fire, and schools if they failed to raise taxes on "the wealthy". So the many have voted to take from the few once again. Do you recall this?

Are you saying the Democrat gov Brown was lying and the tax increases were not necessary as sufficient tax revenue existed?

If a single entity purchases $1 TRILLION in bonds, what effect do you think that has on price/yield in the bond market?
  #42  
Old 03-10-2015, 08:04 AM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Our dear Democrat governor Brown threatened the uninformed liberal masses in California with cuts to police, fire, and schools if they failed to raise taxes on "the wealthy". So the many have voted to take from the few once again. Do you recall this?

Are you saying the Democrat gov Brown was lying and the tax increases were not necessary as sufficient tax revenue existed?

If a single entity purchases $1 TRILLION in bonds, what effect do you think that has on price/yield in the bond market?
It must be discouraging if you are one of the minority right wing who listens to some of the drivel that comes out of places such as Kern County. The 30 million good people of California believe that if want government services, one must pay for them. I am sending in a tax check next week to help pay for them. I wonder how many bonds Gov Walker of Wisconsin will float due to a lack of tax receipts to pay for his deficit? Also, I believe the good people of California are very well informed as some highest rated schools in this country are located there. It is unfortunate that Mr Brown will not be our CEO of California as a result of term limits. In any other public business, he probably would have a received a $50 million bonus from the Board and continue to lead the largest state in the Union.
 

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:27 PM.