Florida bill promoting discrimination

Old 03-29-2015, 09:40 AM
n/a

Default Florida bill promoting discrimination

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/loca...ary%20analysis

Florida had a law in the past prohibiting adoption by gay people. That law was litigated and thrown out in court in 2008 when the lead witness for the law from the Family Research Council (Tony Perkin's organization) turned out to be shall we say, less than a good witness Florida's Attorney General on George Rekers: He Was the Best Anti-Gay Expert Available

So since 2008 it has not been legal for an adoption agency to refuse to place a child in a gay family. Liberty and Freedom have demanded that this be corrected. Adoption agencies are licensed by the state and receive public funding for part or all of their work. Under this new bill, which has been passed out of committee with 100% GOP support a new exemption will become law. Adoption agencies will be permitted to have any criteria they like to refuse a placement if they have a written policy establishing that refusal.
Don't want kids in a family with a gun? Ok to deny any gun owning family
Don't want kids in a family with a dog? Ok to deny any dog owning family
Don't want kids in an atheist family? Ok to deny kids to any atheist
Don't want kids in a biracial family?
Don't want kids in a gay family?
Don't want kids in a Jewish/Muslim/Hindu/Catholic family?
Don't want kids in a family where someone once had an abortion?
Don't want kids in a vegan family?
Don't want kids in a non-vegetarian family?
Don't want kids in a family that donated money to (name your favorite)
Don't want kids in a family for ANY REASON you can write down

Ok to deny kids to those families and get government money to continue your "good work". Is this the kind of legislation we need the Florida legislature to be supporting?
Old 03-29-2015, 10:18 AM
n/a

Interesting. OneNewsNow.com reported an article where one Heather Bartwick was raised by lesbian parents and now in her 20's married with children of her own recognizes that she had desperately wanted and needed a father when she was growing up. While she loves her parents, and once advocated for gays she now shuns and advocates against same sex marriage and gay adoption.

Those advocating that the gay issue is a civil rights issue make a specious claim. I do not care what people do in their private lives nor do I believe that said gay couples are prevented from benefits as there are numerous legal ways to overcome this claim. I do show concern if the supreme court strikes down the definition of marriage as being between a man and a woman. there are already crazies come out of the walls claiming rights to man boy relations, incest etc.

I have always been concerned by the promotion of gratuitous sex by Hollywood and now more so by the concerted effort of the gay community , whohave since the 1980's planned promotions of same sex sex in the movies and on TV and Broadway with the intent of making it appear normal and hence socially acceptable. I can only laugh watching two guys or girls embrace in passion. Clearly this is not what nature intended

So the issue of discrimination concerning this issue is ridiculous but it gains legs because of political cowardice and a push by the morally bankrupt Hollywood stars and starlets

Personal Best Regards:
Old 03-29-2015, 03:33 PM
n/a

Wow..... When one thinks we as a 20th century population are moving forward, your hit with an opinion like this. I support your right to have your opinion, but seriously, you must step into, at least, the 19th Century. I love your post as it reminded me of my Grandfather.
Old 03-29-2015, 03:41 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Wow..... When one thinks we as a 20th century population are moving forward, your hit with an opinion like this. I support your right to have your opinion, but seriously, you must step into, at least, the 19th Century. I love your post as it reminded me of my Grandfather.
Hmmnnnnn and I thought we were in the 21st century!
Old 03-29-2015, 08:27 PM
n/a

Quote:
Yes yours is indeed the only enlightened view but alas you are still behind the trendy times. You now need to help two groups that are still grossly discriminated against ... those gay threesomes who want to wed and people who want to marry their dog or cat
Old 03-29-2015, 09:18 PM
n/a

Quote:
Yes yours is indeed the only enlightened view but alas you are still behind the trendy times. You now need to help two groups that are still grossly discriminated against ... those gay threesomes who want to wed and people who want to marry their dog or cat
Old 03-30-2015, 02:45 PM
n/a

Quote:
This is the product of our public education system.
Old 04-14-2015, 10:09 PM
n/a

And here is the follow up to the proposed new law

A Florida Republican explains why he shot down an anti-gay adoption bill.

From the interview:

Quote:
Quote:
Why did you oppose the “conscience clause” amendment?

The amendment would have allowed faith-based adoption agencies to not perform or facilitate adoptions that offended their religious or moral beliefs. So it wasn’t just gay adoptions. It wasn’t too long ago that interracial adoptions were deemed to be morally offensive to some groups. So the problem is that this amendment didn’t just create an opportunity to discriminate against gay adoptions. It would create an opportunity to discriminate against any adoptions that a faith-based group thought would be offensive to their moral or religious beliefs. That’s a big, wide slippery slope.

Do you support adoption by same-sex couples?

As I’ve looked at the history of this issue in Florida, gay adoptions go on every day. They go on every day in the public adoption environment and the private adoption environment. The Department of Children and Families has testified before trial courts that they knowingly place children in same-sex homes and that, contrary to the objections of some groups, there have been absolutely no indications that same-sex adoptions or same-sex foster care placements have had any negative effects on children.
Old 04-15-2015, 09:52 AM
n/a

Quote:
Who better to understand the good and bad than this young lady? She lived it. Doesn't mean other opinions should not be heard, but she should have a voice.
Old 04-15-2015, 04:16 PM
n/a

Interesting in the quote from the GOP legislator that sunk this bill that he opposed it

" the problem is that this amendment didn’t just create an opportunity to discriminate against gay adoptions"

Apparently if they had stuck with just that particular opportunity to discriminate, you know the anti gay good kind of discrimination, he would have happily voted for it.
Old 04-15-2015, 05:07 PM
n/a

Quote:
Interesting in the quote from the GOP legislator that sunk this bill that he opposed it

" the problem is that this amendment didn’t just create an opportunity to discriminate against gay adoptions"

Apparently if they had stuck with just that particular opportunity to discriminate, you know the anti gay good kind of discrimination, he would have happily voted for it.
The homosexual issue is no longer about "discrimination," but is now all about normalization and mainstreaming.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.