Has anybody ever run for office. I did (That's the last time)

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 08-07-2007, 06:38 AM
n/a

Default Has anybody ever run for office. I did (That's the last time)

I ran for Town Superisor in Vestal, New York in 2002. What an experience. Thankfully I lost the election. I will never do that again. Aside from the voters, the largest amount of grief I got was from members of my own party. If you want to run, and win, here's is a tip. Never tell the voters what you think, only tell them what they want to hear, even if you don't believe in it.
Old 08-07-2007, 07:06 AM
n/a

Default Re: Has anybody ever run for office. I did (That's the last time)

Jan,
My hubby is the Township Supervisor, you are so right..Headache...
Old 08-20-2007, 09:33 AM
n/a

Default Re: Has anybody ever run for office. I did (That's the last time)

I was elected to a Board of Education and served for 10 years. I also served as an elected member of the Board of Finance in my town in Connecticut. The elections process was difficult but I won handily each time. No more! I used to carry two briefcases during my BOE time...one for my job and one for the BOE.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.