I am confused State Represenative Franklin Sands Visited The Villages

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 03-02-2011, 09:41 AM
n/a

Where I used to live in N.J. there was a weekly paper, commonly referred to as "The Shopper" that was tossed in my driveway free of charge and was supported by local advertising.

This was the paper that regularly listed all the local doings of the community from bake sales to pancake breakfasts to club meetings. The major newspapers rarely did this unless there was something really newsworthy or of great human interest value about the event.

I realize that the developer would probably never allow an independent publication that diluted his advertising revenue base to operate in The Villages, but that is a shame because such a publication would be able to cater to the individual concerns of resident groups.
Old 03-02-2011, 09:49 AM
n/a

Default Complete Agreement

Bucco- You and I do not agree on much politically but your last post here was 100% correct. Excellent job!

The Daily Sun is certainly no reason to like or dislike The Villages. It is a way of seeing the local things such as human interest stories, some AP news stories, and those columnists like Ann Coulter and Ollie North.

There are plenty of other papers to have delivered or to read on-line.

My advice to readers of the Daily Sun is that The Villages is a great place to be. Enjoy the life and don't take the Daily Sun so seriously you fail to make the most of every day in this wonderful place.

Have a great day, Bucco. Hope we can agree on more things.
Old 03-02-2011, 01:26 PM
n/a

Default By virtue of the process of a newspaper, when you get it

it has nothing more than yesterday's news. Hence the what's going on around TV is the only value I assign to it. And it most certainly does not affect my life in TV....just like it played no role in evaluating or electing to become a resident.

Reading on the internet via all the convenient devices and technology is the only way (for me) to view current events.

btk

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.