James Comey, FBI Director, fired by Trump

Old 05-10-2017, 10:22 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
Make up your mind. The left demanded that Comey resign. Trump did them a favor and fired him. Now, they are mad at Trump. Is the left run by disgruntled ex-wives?
Please get your facts straight.

The LEFT, as you refer to them, did NOT demand his resignation.

Only one I can think of is Harry Reid who specifically did not call for him to leave until pressed.

THEY DID express dissatisfaction with his decision making but it is quite a stretch to say that the LEFT called for any dismissal.

Listen, I and many others have problems with Comey, but his reputation is impeccable relative to withstanding political pressure.

He stood against George Bush along with Ashcroft on the Bush admin wanting to continue eavesdropping under intense pressure. If you recall his famous visit to Ashcroft in the hospital.

He has always been praised by both sides as a man who follows the facts, not matter the political landscape. He definitly, under the FBI rules spoke out of turn on Clinton, by the way, praised and lauded by President Trump and his followers, and he has explained his reasons for doing so.

If you read editorial writings by conservatives and even the Presidents own words, you find him lauded for being a man who does not bend to political pressure.

Both sides have criticized him, but your characterization is just that....YOUR characterization.

I sure hope that we now do not spend days damaging a mans reputation on behalf of Trump. That always seems to be the case.
Old 05-10-2017, 10:34 AM
n/a

Quote:

Only one I can think of is Harry Reid who specifically did not call for him to leave until pressed.

THEY DID express dissatisfaction with his decision making but it is quite a stretch to say that the LEFT called for any dismissal.

Listen, I and many others have problems with Comey, but his reputation is impeccable relative to withstanding political pressure.

He stood against George Bush along with Ashcroft on the Bush admin wanting to continue eavesdropping under intense pressure. If you recall his famous visit to Ashcroft in the hospital.

He has always been praised by both sides as a man who follows the facts, not matter the political landscape. He definitly, under the FBI rules spoke out of turn on Clinton, by the way, praised and lauded by President Trump and his followers, and he has explained his reasons for doing so.

If you read editorial writings by conservatives and even the Presidents own words, you find him lauded for being a man who does not bend to political pressure.

Both sides have criticized him, but your characterization is just that....YOUR characterization.

I sure hope that we now do not spend days damaging a mans reputation on behalf of Trump. That always seems to be the case.
Isn't there a saying something like....look who is calling the pot black.....or any other innuendo toward hypocritical, double standard behavior......very laughable actually.
Old 05-10-2017, 11:45 AM
n/a

Default Right on track....

RIGHT ON TRACK WITH NIXON.jpg
Old 05-10-2017, 12:08 PM
n/a

Quote:
Isn't there a saying something like....look who is calling the pot black.....or any other innuendo toward hypocritical, double standard behavior......very laughable actually.
Let me be extremely clear, because I take great offense at being called a hypocrite.

I have spoken against Trump since well before he got the nomination...well before.

I have outlined on here his disputable dishonorable life.

I speak to the fact that President Trump has always said he never forgets and he gets even. He has shown that quite terrible trait many times in his life, in the campaign and sadly in our Whit House.

I just feel that to defame and attack a man in this situation is greatly a terrible mean spirited thing to do.
Old 05-11-2017, 03:20 PM
n/a

Quote:

Oct. 30, 2016: Then-Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nevada,accused Comey of breaking the Hatch Act.
Oct. 31, 2016: The next day, Rep.Steve Cohen, D-Tennessee, said something similar to Reid’s and called for Comey to resign his FBI post. Cohen repeated that call in a Nov. 3 opinion column in The Hill.
Nov. 2, 2016: Sen. Chuck Schumer, told Bloomberg news that he had lost confidence in Comey for his handling of Clinton’s email investigation. Said he no longer had confidence in him.
The same day, Pelosi, commented similarly on CNN and suggested Comey may lose his job.
Jan. 13, 2017:Rep.Hank Johnson, D-Georgia, who at the time said, “My confidence in the FBI director’s ability to lead this agency has been shaken."
Maxine Waters saidy: “The FBI director has no credibility.”
Jan. 24,2017: Rep.G.K.Butterfield, D-North Carolina, said "I think that Comey needs to fade away into oblivion.“

Comey was not performing his job properly, the Dems and Repubs wanted him gone, and Trump made it happen. What's the big deal? Other presidents have done the same thing.
Old 05-11-2017, 03:34 PM
n/a

Quote:
Oct. 30, 2016: Then-Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nevada,accused Comey of breaking the Hatch Act.
Oct. 31, 2016: The next day, Rep.Steve Cohen, D-Tennessee, said something similar to Reid’s and called for Comey to resign his FBI post. Cohen repeated that call in a Nov. 3 opinion column in The Hill.
Nov. 2, 2016: Sen. Chuck Schumer, told Bloomberg news that he had lost confidence in Comey for his handling of Clinton’s email investigation. Said he no longer had confidence in him.
The same day, Pelosi, commented similarly on CNN and suggested Comey may lose his job.
Jan. 13, 2017:Rep.Hank Johnson, D-Georgia, who at the time said, “My confidence in the FBI director’s ability to lead this agency has been shaken."
Maxine Waters saidy: “The FBI director has no credibility.”
Jan. 24,2017: Rep.G.K.Butterfield, D-North Carolina, said "I think that Comey needs to fade away into oblivion.“

Comey was not performing his job properly, the Dems and Repubs wanted him gone, and Trump made it happen. What's the big deal? Other presidents have done the same thing.
Fine, I agreed. What point are you making ? I understand and certainly know that OTHER THAN TRUMP, he got a lot of grief. Part if the job, I fear, but you obviously are so hung up on defending whatever Trump does, you are basically offering nothing new here. You narrow this issue nod ignore the substance totally.

Yes, oft criticized...did you read what is being said today about him ? But then again, as I have been saying...you are always putting Trump before the country. This incident alone speaks to his lies and lack of character.....his behavior yesterday with the Russians was objectionable on so many levels.

This morning I received an email from a high school friend, who served Two tours in Vietnam, and supported Trump in the election. He expressed to me disgust at a President of the USA conducting himself with an enemy country and embarrassing our country. His final comment was, in humor, I hope a pollen calls me today. Means nothing but it just came to mind.

But thanks for whatever...nobody has ever denied the shots taken at Comey over the years. Why, when, etc remain questions.

Tags
director, trump, fired, comey, fbi

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.