DOJ Names Special Counsel On Russian Meddling

Old 05-17-2017, 06:17 PM
n/a

Thumbs up DOJ Names Special Counsel On Russian Meddling

A lot of Republican lawmakers are breathing a sigh of relief that they don't have to keep trying to fake support for Trump...but I'll bet Chump and his hardcore supporters are apoplectic.

The real winners though...are decent American citizens.

Robert Mueller appointed special counsel to oversee probe into Russia'''s interference in 2016 election

Quote:
The United States Department of Justice has announced that a special counsel has been appointed to investigate Russian interference into last year's presidential election and links or coordination with the campaign of President Donald Trump.

Former FBI Director Robert Mueller was assigned by Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein to "oversee the previously-confirmed FBI investigation of Russian government efforts to influence the 2016 presidential election, and related matters."
While not expecting anything quickly from it (these things can drag out), the "related matters" portion...could become VERY interesting.

According to reports, the White House was only told about an hour before the announcement...but not 'consulted.'

So I guess this means that Rosenstein just got dropped off of Trump's Christmas list?

Old 05-17-2017, 06:43 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
A lot of Republican lawmakers are breathing a sigh of relief that they don't have to keep trying to fake support for Trump...but I'll bet Chump and his hardcore supporters are apoplectic.

The real winners though...are decent American citizens.

Robert Mueller appointed special counsel to oversee probe into Russia'''s interference in 2016 election

While not expecting anything quickly from it (these things can drag out), the "related matters" portion...could become VERY interesting.

According to reports, the White House was only told about an hour before the announcement...but not 'consulted.'

So I guess this means that Rosenstein just got dropped off of Trump's Christmas list?

I was just thinking as I heard the statement from the White House.....if he had spoken like that...an adult,,,,,for the last year, we would never be where we are.

As Alan Dershowitz said yesterday...."if he just would keep his mouth shut"

Nobody knows what happened during the election...NOBODY, but this country needs to know.

We are not even treading water now. Trumps antics has cost the country, his goals and a lot more.

Let this thing go.....let the chips fall where they may. THIS WILL TAKE TIME BELIEVE ME, and Trump seems to have calmed down which he just has to do. 3 people have lost their job because of investigations, and let's hope our President grows up, acts like a man. If, in fact Comey testifies next week, he just has to deal with it. You get what you sow.
Old 05-17-2017, 07:01 PM
n/a

Quote:
I was just thinking as I heard the statement from the White House.....if he had spoken like that...an adult,,,,,for the last year, we would never be where we are.

As Alan Dershowitz said yesterday...."if he just would keep his mouth shut"

Nobody knows what happened during the election...NOBODY, but this country needs to know.

We are not even treading water now. Trumps antics has cost the country, his goals and a lot more.

Let this thing go.....let the chips fall where they may. THIS WILL TAKE TIME BELIEVE ME, and Trump seems to have calmed down which he just has to do. 3 people have lost their job because of investigations, and let's hope our President grows up, acts like a man. If, in fact Comey testifies next week, he just has to deal with it. You get what you sow
I seriously doubt, that Trump even has the capability...to keep his mouth shut.

If he could, he wouldn't be where he is now.

This may quiet him for a few days (albeit doubtful), his tendency to self-destruct in a whining and petulant manner, as displayed at today's Coast Guard commencement address (which was made before Mueller was announced)...will soon be back.

Is it really possible that Trump has only been POTUS...for less than 4 months?

Now we can sit back and watch the Trump Cultists start attacking/blaming Mueller, Rod Rosenstein, the Clinton's (both), Obama, the media, CNN, sun spots...and probably even Mickey Mouse.
Old 05-17-2017, 07:08 PM
n/a

On a different note, given Trump's sharing of intelligence info with the Russians, the firing of Comey and now the seriousness of having a very competent and highly regarded investigator on the job...our allies can't help but be even now more reluctant to share their intel.

In other words, we are more vulnerable than in a long time in regards to terrorism threats...because of what we don't/won't know.
Old 05-17-2017, 09:39 PM
n/a

The hunter is now the hunted.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
Old 05-17-2017, 11:04 PM
n/a

Default Here’s how an independent investigation into Trump and Russia would happen

Here’s how an independent investigation into Trump and Russia would happen - The Washington Post
Old 05-18-2017, 06:21 AM
n/a

Will be interesting to see how The Villages Daily Sun handles this mess.
Old 05-18-2017, 06:44 AM
n/a

Quote:
On a different note, given Trump's sharing of intelligence info with the Russians, the firing of Comey and now the seriousness of having a very competent and highly regarded investigator on the job...our allies can't help but be even now more reluctant to share their intel.

In other words, we are more vulnerable than in a long time in regards to terrorism threats...because of what we don't/won't know.
Wait a minute...

You blast Trump for "sharing intel" with the Russians...but you expect everyone else to willingly share their intel with us? WTF? Is that "liberal logic" or "woman logic", I can't tell. It sure isn't REAL logic. Do as I say not as I do?

Oh yes...we're REAL vulnerable...it's been 17 years since an outsider "terrorized" us. They were Saudi's too...and I don't see ANY sanctions against them. Why let in ANY middle easterners, any Muslims if you're worried about terrorism here. What kind of idiot lets in those who have proven themselves to hate you? Oh...right...the SAME idiots who fight for minority rights so they can eventually breed us out of our own country.

The "news" is all bullsh!t...just turn it off. It pits us against each other...while the minority majority slowly creeps up and WILL eventually destroy this once great...when it was white...country. You tell me...what ranking has improved since we started diversifying everything?

WHY doesn't the "news" report that Hispanics have the majority of children now? That Hispanics are the majority of young grade school children? That "America" is well on it's way to becoming Mexico II?
Old 05-18-2017, 07:04 AM
n/a

Quote:
Wait a minute...

You blast Trump for "sharing intel" with the Russians...but you expect everyone else to willingly share their intel with us? WTF? Is that "liberal logic" or "woman logic", I can't tell. It sure isn't REAL logic. Do as I say not as I do?

Oh yes...we're REAL vulnerable...it's been 17 years since an outsider "terrorized" us. They were Saudi's too...and I don't see ANY sanctions against them. Why let in ANY middle easterners, any Muslims if you're worried about terrorism here. What kind of idiot lets in those who have proven themselves to hate you? Oh...right...the SAME idiots who fight for minority rights so they can eventually breed us out of our own country.

The "news" is all bullsh!t...just turn it off. It pits us against each other...while the minority majority slowly creeps up and WILL eventually destroy this once great...when it was white...country. You tell me...what ranking has improved since we started diversifying everything?

WHY doesn't the "news" report that Hispanics have the majority of children now? That Hispanics are the majority of young grade school children? That "America" is well on it's way to becoming Mexico II?
Are you really this ignorant, or do you just play a racist moron on TOTV?

Russia is NOT one of our close intel-sharing allies....dip$hit.

Subscribe to read

Quote:
Even before President Donald Trump divulged classified information to Russian diplomats about an Isis bomb plot, America’s closest allies were worried about sharing sensitive intelligence with the new administration.

Google 'Five Eyes' and 'UKUSA Agreement.'

Deepest Sincere Wishes:
Old 05-18-2017, 07:09 AM
n/a

Quote:
Wait a minute...

You cannot be this naive or unaware to post something like this.

My gosh, your post is....well, please tell me it is sarcasm.
Old 05-18-2017, 07:13 AM
n/a

Quote:
Are you really this ignorant, or do you just play a racist moron on TOTV?

Russia is NOT one of our close intel-sharing allies....dip$hit.

Subscribe to read
One cannot really dump on you for being ignorant. Point is that you talk out your @ss to hear yourself speak. No slur intended, just fact. You know absolutely NOTHING regarding the nature of how our gov. handles classified information. But, neither do most private citizens. If you did know something of which you speak, I am not sure whether or not you would still persist in your ignorant ranting. Logic does not seem to be relevant in your case.
Old 05-18-2017, 07:13 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore
I seriously doubt, that Trump even has the capability...to keep his mouth shut.

If he could, he wouldn't be where he is now.

This may quiet him for a few days (albeit doubtful), his tendency to self-destruct in a whining and petulant manner, as displayed at today's Coast Guard commencement address (which was made before Mueller was announced)...will soon be back.

Is it really possible that Trump has only been POTUS...for less than 4 months?

Now we can sit back and watch the Trump Cultists start attacking/blaming Mueller, Rod Rosenstein, the Clinton's (both), Obama, the media, CNN, sun spots...and probably even Mickey Mouse

That didn't take long.

The Latest: Trump assails naming of counsel as '''witch hunt'''
Quote:

President Donald Trump is assailing the naming of a special counsel as "the single greatest witch hunt of a politician in American history!"

Trump is responding to the appointment of former FBI Director Robert Mueller as special counsel to lead a probe of allegations that Trump's campaign collaborated with Russia to sway the election.

In another tweet Thursday morning, he claims, "With all of the illegal acts that took place in the Clinton campaign & Obama Administration, there was never a special councel (sic) appointed!"

He did not provide examples or evidence of any alleged "illegal acts."
Old 05-18-2017, 07:16 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDLNB
One cannot really dump on you for being ignorant. Point is that you talk out your @ss to hear yourself speak. No slur intended, just fact. You know absolutely NOTHING regarding the nature of how our gov. handles classified information. But, neither do most private citizens. If you did know something of which you speak, I am not sure whether or not you would still persist in your ignorant ranting. Logic does not seem to be relevant in your case.

YOU, of ALL people...have no room to talk.

Enjoy the show.

Deepest Sincere Wishes:
Old 05-18-2017, 07:29 AM
n/a

Quote:

YOU, of ALL people...have no room to talk.

Enjoy the show.

Deepest Sincere Wishes:
Yep, I was right.
Old 05-18-2017, 07:32 AM
n/a

Quote:
I KNOW EXACTLY how it is handle. Was my job for a number of years. I know how it is handled.

I am not ranting. What do you want to know.

I thought I spelled this out in another post, and even supplied as much reading material as I could find.

Very, very rigid and firm policies on when, to whom, how, who is in the room, etc.

Tags
russian, presidential, election, popcorn, trump

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.