Keystone veto remains!

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 03-07-2015, 02:54 PM
n/a

If the baby boomers would quit retiring, then that labor participation number would probably increase! Don't look at me to help though!
Old 03-07-2015, 03:15 PM
n/a

Anyone care to discuss the workforce participation rate and why it is not changing?

February jobs report shows 295,000 jobs added, jobless rate 5.5% Hot Air
Old 03-07-2015, 03:20 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
If the baby boomers would quit retiring, then that labor participation number would probably increase! Don't look at me to help though!
Please explain how and why? Biggest job increases in hospitality and "drinking establishments"; biggest decline in jobs - the mining industry. Still no jobs for engineers, tech support, manufacturing. Where are their jobs and when can those in those fields who have given up start looking for them?
Old 03-07-2015, 03:47 PM
n/a

Economic growth for 2014 ended at about 2.3% a disappointing low rate repeated since the recession ended in 2009. Productivity is at an all time low because people are either unemployed or underemployed. The economy is providing low paying jobs and those individuals chronically unemployed or underemployed are losing job skills.

Obama's position on Keystone was a move to favor his green billionaire backers. Look for Obama to find a good paying position in the green industry when he leaves office.

Obama's political assault on Keystone has embolden resistance to 10 other projects in North American.

If an American worker found a decent job in the Obama economy there is a good change it was in the fracking industry. The reason Americans are enjoying lower gas prices is directly connected to the private sector's fracking activities. This will continue and Obama will continue to frustrate the one bright spot in our economy and force the movement of oil via the railway which is more expensive and dangerous. How's that for a leader's vision. Keystone veto is not a governing strategy but an act of isolation

Repeatedly I remain puzzled over liberals exuberance over Obama's failed and flawed policies?

Personal Best Regards:
Old 03-07-2015, 03:50 PM
n/a

Unfortunately we cannot edit our posts and I noted an omission on my last post the 10 other North American projects I referenced are all pipeline projects

My apology

Personal Best Regards:
Old 03-07-2015, 05:49 PM
n/a

Quote:
Please explain how and why? Biggest job increases in hospitality and "drinking establishments"; biggest decline in jobs - the mining industry. Still no jobs for engineers, tech support, manufacturing. Where are their jobs and when can those in those fields who have given up start looking for them?
How? My net worth increased by 300% over the last six years.

Why? Because I could and wanted to enjoy the fruits of my labor.

I know The Daily Sun also said on their front page that things are great in Florida!
Old 03-09-2015, 06:35 PM
n/a

The pipeline will only create 35 permanent jobs, after initially using 1,500 for construction. The oil comes solely from Canada (owned in majority by the Koch Brothers..hmm) cuts through the country and will be exported out of the Gulf. Not a drop goes to the U.S. Tar sands is an extremely dirty, polluting type of oil. with virtully no domestic profit for the potential polluting costs. Right now there is NO tar sand oil travelling the hundreds of thousands of miles of pipeline and rail in our country. Google up pipeline maps in the US. You'll be amazed how many pipelines we already have in this country from Canada. The issue isn't the pipeline, The issue is its non-value/potential high-danger to U.S. interests.
Old 03-09-2015, 06:54 PM
n/a

Quote:
The pipeline will only create 35 permanent jobs, after initially using 1,500 for construction. The oil comes solely from Canada (owned in majority by the Koch Brothers..hmm) cuts through the country and will be exported out of the Gulf. Not a drop goes to the U.S. Tar sands is an extremely dirty, polluting type of oil. with virtully no domestic profit for the potential polluting costs. Right now there is NO tar sand oil travelling the hundreds of thousands of miles of pipeline and rail in our country. Google up pipeline maps in the US. You'll be amazed how many pipelines we already have in this country from Canada. The issue isn't the pipeline, The issue is its non-value/potential high-danger to U.S. interests.
Wow. Congratulations are in order. Seldom does someone come on here and make a COMPLETELY UNTRUTHFUL post. All your assertions have been disproven, and IN THIS THREAD NO LESS!

Old 03-10-2015, 07:48 AM
n/a

Quote:
Thank you succinctly identifying primary issues why this project negatively effects the interest of good people of the USA. Unfortunately too many listen to the few whose interest are positively effected by this minor project.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.