Mitts taxes

Old 08-07-2012, 06:47 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
There you go...you vote based on their income...I vote based on how they serve the office....we all vote different ways.

I will suppose that you know that Obama paid 20.5% (lower than the gals in the office clerking for him) which I assume puts in the same catagory thus your vote is based on their financial statment !

Of course Obama had only an adjusted income of close to $ 800,000.00
which reading your note locks up your vote.
Yes, President Obama has my vote.
Old 08-07-2012, 07:33 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggyone View Post
My tax rate is still above 19%.......
...I am still saying that an American populace would have problems voting for a very rich man who pays no income tax - as well as a very rich man who pays income tax at a rate LOWER than they do. If you have no problem with that, good for you. Me, I have a problem with a very, very rich man who pays a lower tax rate than me who want my vote for President.
OK. So following this line of thought.....Bill & Hillary Clinton made $109 million from the year 2000 to 2008 (see New York Times article linked below).

Now there is no reason to think that the Clintons don't use the same tax laws and loopholes that Romney, John Kerry and many other extremely rich politicians do.

So what you're saying is that if Bill or Hillary Clinton were the democrats' nominee right now for president this November, you would not vote for him or her because "you have a problem voting for a very rich man/woman who pays a lower tax rate than me".......and because they have had investments sheltered in the Cayman Islands.

Quote:
"Mr. Clinton had previously not disclosed what he earned from that partnership, but the tax returns show he collected at least $12.6 million since 2002, and possibly as much as $15.3 million, from his work as an adviser and rainmaker for Mr. Burkle’s Yucaipa Companies. The lack of clarity is because the Clintons released only a summary of their 2007 income, which lists $2.7 million in partnership income but does not identify sources. Based on previous years’ returns, it is likely that income came from Yucaipa.

Since 2002, the former president has provided investment advice and helped drum up business for several domestic and foreign funds in Yucaipa’s portfolio, one of two consulting arrangements he entered into after leaving office. Representatives of the Clintons have said that Mr. Clinton has made arrangements to dissolve his Yucaipa partnership if his wife wins the nomination, to avoid possible ethical conflicts."
Quote:
"Securities and Exchange Commission documents and financial- disclosure forms filed by Hillary Clinton show that Bill Clinton, 61, has a financial stake in three investment entities registered in the Cayman Islands by Burkle's Yucaipa Cos. LLC.

In 2004, Hillary Clinton, a New York senator, said she wanted to close the ``loopholes'' for ``people who create a mailbox, or a drop, or send one person to sit on the beach in some island paradise and claim that it is their offshore headquarters.''

The former president's possible decision to move away from Burkle ``is all tied up with the laws of appearance and the politics of perception,'' said Linda Fowler, professor of government at Dartmouth College in Hanover, New Hampshire."
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/05/us...pagewanted=all

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...SHo&refer=home
Old 08-07-2012, 07:38 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetv View Post
OK. So following this line of thought.....Bill & Hillary Clinton made $109 million from the year 2000 to 2008 (see New York Times article linked below).

Now there is no reason to think that the Clintons don't use the same tax laws and loopholes that Romney, John Kerry and many other extremely rich politicians do.

So what you're saying is that if Bill or Hillary Clinton were the democrats' nominee right now for president this November, you would not vote for him or her because "you have a problem voting for a very rich man/woman who pays a lower tax rate than me".

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/05/us...pagewanted=all

Bill Clinton left office in 2000, so whatever he paid in taxes since then is irrelevant. Clinton also released many years of tax returns when running for office and advocated to Mitt Romney to do the same.

Senator John Kerry released 20 years of tax returns when he ran for president in 2004, and his wife also released one year.
Old 08-07-2012, 07:50 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by janmcn View Post
The issue of Mitt Romney releasing his taxes is totally about transparency.
snipped
and you think obama HAS been transparent what with sealed transcripts, sealed govt records, health care legislation development and secret foreign relations agreements? SHEESH!
Old 08-07-2012, 07:52 PM
n/a

What are you talking about, Obama is very transparent. Especially with our military secrets.
Old 08-07-2012, 07:54 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
and you think obama HAS been transparent what with sealed transcripts, sealed govt records, health care legislation development and secret foreign relations agreements? SHEESH!
Let me tell you the sealed trascripts today and tonight have become a big issue.
Old 08-08-2012, 09:35 AM
n/a

Nobody has ever gone to jail for not releasing their college transcripts, but plenty of people have gone to jail for income tax evasion - just ask Al Capone.

The Justice Department should be starting their investigation of Mitt Romney's 20 to 100 million dollar IRA account, along with the Security and Exchange Commission's investigation of Romney signing Bain documents when he was no longer employed there.
Old 08-08-2012, 10:38 AM
n/a

Quote:
Nobody has ever gone to jail for not releasing their college transcripts, but plenty of people have gone to jail for income tax evasion - just ask Al Capone.

The Justice Department should be starting their investigation of Mitt Romney's 20 to 100 million dollar IRA account, along with the Security and Exchange Commission's investigation of Romney signing Bain documents when he was no longer employed there.
This is a slightly moronic notion. Mitt Romney has released all that is required of him

You want an investigation into unfounded gratuitous charges made by Dirty Harry Reid, who blatantly lied about a fictitious Bain employee actually speaking to him?

Such leftist nonsense.
Old 08-08-2012, 10:43 AM
n/a

Quote:

Explain exactly what would be the motivation to investigate a man who owes nothing to the IRS and NOT investigate the secy of the treasury or the many others in the WH who owe BACK TAXES ?

You people better change your source on twitter of feeds because they are leading you all very much astray !

And please supply some credence to that Justice Department investigation of Mitt Romney ???? I am sure you would not just say things that were not facts !
Old 08-08-2012, 10:49 AM
n/a

tax evasion....you are kidding correct? Did the new partisan talking points encourage the inclusion of yet another lie? Tax evasion

Tax evasion is what Pelosi, Reid, Geithner and most of congress are trully, known guilty of........

Ridiculous but becoming more expected.

btk
Old 08-08-2012, 10:58 AM
n/a

Last Thursday, three congressmen asked senior officials at the Justice Department and Labor Department to look into Mitt Romney's IRA which is reported to be worth 20 and 100 million dollars. Hopefully, this investigation will be fast tracked so that it is completed and the results announced before the election.

Daily Kos: Lawmakers want to know how Mitt Romney built a $100+ million IRA
Old 08-08-2012, 01:40 PM
n/a

If thats the case then lets look at obama. Dont they call that tit for tat. The DOJ wont do it . This administration is one sided

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.