Mitts taxes

Old 08-02-2012, 03:41 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingnut View Post
I doubt there will be any criminal wrong doing, however, the loop holes used for years by his tax lawyers will make him look less of a patriot than if he would have paid for his ventures right up front. Saying I paid everything I was required by law as he has said openly, has a bit of a smell to it. Not rotten, but turning sour none the less.
golfingnut - could you say anything different from I paid everything I was required by law as romney has said? it's certainly how our taxes are paid! and i don't think it sounds sour when i say it.
Old 08-02-2012, 03:42 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
janmcn - i thought you knew - none of the presidents/candidates you list are running for election now...they and their taxes are history! lots of folks are advocating the same thing as cristol and will - can't help it if romney is smarter than they are! sheesh!
Doubt he is smarter than Bill Kristol. Better presidential material -- probably, smarter -- doubtful.
Old 08-02-2012, 03:57 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueash View Post
No, you don't have the correct information. Bain, not Bane, Capital is not the US Government. It is a crime for persons who work for the IRS to divulge information.
this article makes it seem pretty clear that harry's allegation cannot be true...if so, does that mean that the alleged leak could only come from someone in the irs or pricewaterhouse coopers? Michelle Malkin » Harry Reid: One time this guy called and said Romney didn’t pay taxes for ten years
Old 08-02-2012, 04:06 PM
n/a

Quote:
janmcn - i thought you knew - none of the presidents/candidates you list are running for election now...they and their taxes are history! lots of folks are advocating the same thing as cristol and will - can't help it if romney is smarter than they are! sheesh!
How many years worth of tax returns do you think Mitt Romney is requiring his vice presidential contenders to supply - one year, two years? Just sayin'.
Romney couldn't even be confirmed for a cabinet position without supplying an adequate number of tax returns, but he expects to be elected president?

I am still waiting for all those long form birth certificate voices to call for full disclosure of Romney's tax returns. It might be time to start a new group called 'the taxers' to compete with the 'birthers'.
Old 08-02-2012, 04:29 PM
n/a

Quote:
golfingnut - could you say anything different from I paid everything I was required by law as romney has said? it's certainly how our taxes are paid! and i don't think it sounds sour when i say it.
I understand and I can say it the same way, but I have never used any off shore banks to hide my earnings.
Old 08-02-2012, 04:56 PM
n/a

Quote:
I understand and I can say it the same way, but I have never used any off shore banks to hide my earnings.
us neither - but i sure wish we could have! wish i had extra money i could have hidden in my mattress! my aunt wrapped hers in foil and put it in her freezer - called it her cold hard cash!
Old 08-02-2012, 04:58 PM
n/a

Quote:
Guys from Iowa have off shore banks? Guess I will have to get back to Elgin sometime.
Old 08-02-2012, 05:07 PM
n/a

janmcn - you posted:
How many years worth of tax returns do you think Mitt Romney is requiring his vice presidential contenders to supply - one year, two years? Just sayin'.
...and i'm just sayin i really don't care!

Romney couldn't even be confirmed for a cabinet position without supplying an adequate number of tax returns, but he expects to be elected president?
...boy does that sound like harry reid clip that has been posted all over the internet in various grammatical configurations this week...come up with something original...parroting an addled old man is not your style

I am still waiting for all those long form birth certificate voices to call for full disclosure of Romney's tax returns. It might be time to start a new group called 'the taxers' to compete with the 'birthers'.
...please don't hold your breath while you wait! i posted the same thought somewhere - obama people and romney people could get together and negotiate a document swap like countries do prisoners! won't happen though 'cause obama people don't negotiate.
Old 08-02-2012, 05:25 PM
n/a

This tax thing is so crazy.

Mitt Romney is a very very rich man. His family had money and he earned quite a bit on his own. He admits to that.

As a very very rich man, he has a slew of lawyers and accountants on his payroll to insure he takes advantage of every legal ta break possible. He would admit to that.

SO WHAT is the question. What does that have to do with his qualifications for the office he is pursuing ?

Oh, he cant relate ? Oh, a guy who has done NOTHING in his life except run for office CAN relate.

The only thing that the Democrats want this for is to use it as another diversion in attacking the man instead of the issues and to create more divide in this country with the class warfare rhetoric. They are bound and determined in the Democratic party to just slay the character of the man and ignore the issues......and they should be given more things to use to continue this character assault. No...let them begin to discuss issues !
Old 08-02-2012, 05:54 PM
n/a

President Obama has been out there for two days talking about the issues. The issue of Mitt Romney's planned tax cuts which would raise taxes on 95% of the American people by up to $2000 per year while cutting taxes on anyone earning $1,000,000 by $87,000 per year.

Meanwhile, Romney tells Senator Harry Reid to "put up, or shut up" regarding Romney's ten years of paying zero taxes. Romney's the one with the documents, so it would be difficult for Reid to "put up". Stay Classy, Mitt.

President Barack Obama headed to Florida with study showing Mitt Romney's tax plan hurts middle class - Tampa Bay Times
Old 08-02-2012, 05:58 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by janmcn View Post
Senators McCain and Kerry, George Romney, George H W Bush, George W Bush, Bill Clinton, Ronald Reagan and others certainly did have a dog in the fight when they all released their tax returns. Republicans Bill Cristol and George Will and others have advocated to Romney to just get them out there and move on.
There's no upside to Romney releasing them. I'd rather have the haters like you bitching about it than releasing what I know have to be very extensive and complicated tax returns.

Republican establishment types who advocate for Romney to release his returns are idiots in my opinion.
Old 08-02-2012, 05:59 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggyone View Post
Guys from Iowa have off shore banks? Guess I will have to get back to Elgin sometime.
We never heard of it in Parkersburg.
Old 08-02-2012, 06:00 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by janmcn View Post
President Obama has been out there for two days talking about the issues. The issue of Mitt Romney's planned tax cuts which would raise taxes on 95% of the American people by up to $2000 per year while cutting taxes on anyone earning $1,000,000 by $87,000 per year.

Meanwhile, Romney tells Senator Harry Reid to "put up, or shut up" regarding Romney's ten years of paying zero taxes. Romney's the one with the documents, so it would be difficult for Reid to "put up". Stay Classy, Mitt.

President Barack Obama headed to Florida with study showing Mitt Romney's tax plan hurts middle class - Tampa Bay Times
Just my opinion but when someone makes an accusation about someone else, then it seems to me that the person who made the accusation is the one to put up or shut up. That does not make sense to you....you obviously based on your post know that Reid knows nothing but simply made an accusation....nice guy !!! And you think Reid is classy...says quite a bit. Idle accusations from the leader of the US Senate...great !!!

You are misreading perhaps that when Obama talks about Romney's plans, that is not exactly presenting his own plans, which we must assume have been worked on for 3 years...they better be good.

Would be wonderful if you began a thread to discuss his jobs plans...the details, etc so we can all talk about them !
Old 08-02-2012, 06:13 PM
n/a

Quote:
this article makes it seem pretty clear that harry's allegation cannot be true...if so, does that mean that the alleged leak could only come from someone in the irs or pricewaterhouse coopers? Michelle Malkin » Harry Reid: One time this guy called and said Romney didn’t pay taxes for ten years
I wouldn't let this go if I were Mitt Romney.

Any unauthorized release of information on a person's tax returns is a federal offense with a penalty of up to $5,000 and/or a 5 year prison sentence, and if that violation is committed by any officer or employee of the United States, he shall, in addition to any other punishment, be dismissed from office or discharged from employment upon conviction for such offense.

Harry Reid is making allegations against Romney that are either lies, or if true have been leaked to him or by him.

Either way this is a serious breach of the public trust and an investigation should be launched to find the truth of this.

If I was a key member of the Romney campaign I would be before every media outlet I could find and demand this. This is a bigger story that whether Romney releases his pre 2010 returns, which he has already released.

26 USC § 7213 - Unauthorized disclosure of information | LII / Legal Information Institute
Old 08-02-2012, 06:34 PM
n/a

Default What is he hiding?

Quote:
I read the article you cite. It is devoid of any new information and certainly nothing that says the allegation cannot be true, only an opinion that no one at Bain would have known Rmoney's tax information so it must have come from outside. Now there are two responses I can make to that. If that is true, then Malkin is saying that Reid has good information which came from Rmoney's accountant office perhaps "found it on a fax machine", or perhaps Mitt liked to brag about how he worked the tax system so well his tax liability went to zero and that bragging is the source of this allegation. So when Malkin quotes another author who states that it is impossible the leak can from within Bain he ignores the possibility is was a Bain peer who was told directly of the non-payment in a conversation. Either way, nothing in Malkin's article makes any claim that laws were broken as was alleged. It does say, as I stated that Reid's claim is hearsay and clearly is more a political ploy than evidence based.
Again, Mitt can stop all these rumors by doing what every other modern candidate has done. Maybe its all those donations to Planned Parenthood that he wants to hide.
As for the statement that Reid would not take a call from a former Bain insider, that's Malkin's proof? Do you think he wouldn't if the message was "I've got information on Rmoney's non payment of income tax"
The etch-a-sketch doesn't work on tax documents. It looks as if he is hiding more than just the fact that he is extremely wealthy. We all already know that so there is no reason to refuse to release the returns just because it would confirm that known fact.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.