Mitts taxes

Old 08-02-2012, 06:35 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by janmcn View Post
President Obama has been out there for two days talking about the issues. The issue of Mitt Romney's planned tax cuts which would raise taxes on 95% of the American people by up to $2000 per year while cutting taxes on anyone earning $1,000,000 by $87,000 per year.

Meanwhile, Romney tells Senator Harry Reid to "put up, or shut up" regarding Romney's ten years of paying zero taxes. Romney's the one with the documents, so it would be difficult for Reid to "put up". Stay Classy, Mitt.

President Barack Obama headed to Florida with study showing Mitt Romney's tax plan hurts middle class - Tampa Bay Times
janmcn - surely you cannot be so naive as to think mitt is talking about harry's tax returns rather than 'putting up' the name of the source who provided him the allegations he ha made! have i given you too much credit for being a knowledgable information opponent? as pointed out in a link i posted in a previous post, the article explained how the source could not be a bain investor as harry claimed.

and re mitt's plan for tax cuts - let me see an independent analysis or the cbo analysis of costs next to obama's analysis before anyone goes proclaiming - again - that obama has a plan to save the economy!
Old 08-02-2012, 06:52 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
janmcn - surely you cannot be so naive as to think mitt is talking about harry's tax returns rather than 'putting up' the name of the source who provided him the allegations he ha made! have i given you too much credit for being a knowledgable information opponent? as pointed out in a link i posted in a previous post, the article explained how the source could not be a bain investor as harry claimed.

and re mitt's plan for tax cuts - let me see an independent analysis or the cbo analysis of costs next to obama's analysis before anyone goes proclaiming - again - that obama has a plan to save the economy!
Allow me to add NJ if I may that JANMCN has it all twisted around. When Obama is talking about Romney's plans that is NOT the same as giving his own plans...see how that works !!!!

Reid is a blatant...well,, lets just say he has stopped more bills in the senate that would create jobs in the last two years, he should be ignored. He certainly has not interest !!!
Old 08-02-2012, 06:52 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieLion View Post
I wouldn't let this go if I were Mitt Romney.

Any unauthorized release of information on a person's tax returns is a federal offense with a penalty of up to $5,000 and/or a 5 year prison sentence, and if that violation is committed by any officer or employee of the United States, he shall, in addition to any other punishment, be dismissed from office or discharged from employment upon conviction for such offense.

Harry Reid is making allegations against Romney that are either lies, or if true have been leaked to him or by him.

Either way this is a serious breach of the public trust and an investigation should be launched to find the truth of this.

If I was a key member of the Romney campaign I would be before every media outlet I could find and demand this. This is a bigger story that whether Romney releases his pre 2010 returns, which he has already released.

26 USC § 7213 - Unauthorized disclosure of information | LII / Legal Information Institute
The regulation you cite is very specific. It applies to release of information by government agents not private individuals. There is a separate law which applies to professional tax preparers who knowingly or recklessly disclose information and that is a misdemeanor. There is no law which says that if Richie Lion told me in a conversation that he paid tax at a 28% rate, that I cannot repeat that information. By the way are you related to Snoop Lion? I suspect this information came from Mitt bragging about his tax liability of zero after he deducted his horse and his houses and his off shore accounts and whatever else, all perfectly legally. And now people who heard him brag either first hand or otherwise are reporting the rumor. Nothing in the law relates to this situation and it fits the picture painted by Reid of multiple people reporting the same rumor, which may be entirely false
Clear it up Mitt. To attack Reid to try to get him to reveal his source is only going to backfire. To allege it came from the White House makes it sound more likely to be true than less likely as the White House has pretty good access to information. Release your returns, complete with all forms. Not missing stuff
Old 08-02-2012, 06:59 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueash View Post
The regulation you cite is very specific. It applies to release of information by government agents not private individuals. There is a separate law which applies to professional tax preparers who knowingly or recklessly disclose information and that is a misdemeanor. There is no law which says that if Richie Lion told me in a conversation that he paid tax at a 28% rate, that I cannot repeat that information. By the way are you related to Snoop Lion? I suspect this information came from Mitt bragging about his tax liability of zero after he deducted his horse and his houses and his off shore accounts and whatever else, all perfectly legally. And now people who heard him brag either first hand or otherwise are reporting the rumor. Nothing in the law relates to this situation and it fits the picture painted by Reid of multiple people reporting the same rumor, which may be entirely false
Clear it up Mitt. To attack Reid to try to get him to reveal his source is only going to backfire. To allege it came from the White House makes it sound more likely to be true than less likely as the White House has pretty good access to information. Release your returns, complete with all forms. Not missing stuff

Explain please IF he paid zero for the last TWENTY YEARS but did it legally, what that exactly means ? That our tax code needs to be fixed ? I agree, Romney agrees and Obama also did until push came to shove and he fired his blue ribbon committe that was set up to fix it !!!
Old 08-02-2012, 07:33 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post

Here you go. Just plug in your family income, and figure out who has the better plan for you, then you can decide.

Who is fighting for the middle class? President Obama versus Mitt Romney. — Barack Obama
Old 08-02-2012, 08:07 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by janmcn View Post
Here you go. Just plug in your family income, and figure out who has the better plan for you, then you can decide.

Who is fighting for the middle class? President Obama versus Mitt Romney. — Barack Obama
Oh should the world be so doggone simple. Wouldn't that be great. What kind of fairy land do you have to believe in to even give something like that any credence whatsoever.....to believe in that is to believe in the tooth fairy.

Simple is good I suppose...good for you !!
Old 08-02-2012, 08:14 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
Oh should the world be so doggone simple. Wouldn't that be great. What kind of fairy land do you have to believe in to even give something like that any credence whatsoever.....to believe in that is to believe in the tooth fairy.

Simple is good I suppose...good for you !!
Welcome back, Bucco.
Old 08-02-2012, 08:18 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
Like Jerry Senfeld would say "its all about nothing."
Except Seinfeld was certainly not a show about "nothing".
Old 08-02-2012, 08:52 PM
n/a

Quote:
Allow me to add NJ if I may that JANMCN has it all twisted around. When Obama is talking about Romney's plans that is NOT the same as giving his own plans...see how that works !!!!

Reid is a blatant...well,, lets just say he has stopped more bills in the senate that would create jobs in the last two years, he should be ignored. He certainly has not interest !!!
Welcome back Bucco. I was hoping you would use your time off the moderate your positions and become more reasonable. Guess not.
Old 08-02-2012, 09:02 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by eweissenbach View Post
Welcome back Bucco. I was hoping you would use your time off the moderate your positions and become more reasonable. Guess not.
And what should I say to a post that says Obama is dicussing his jobs programs and he is NOT..he is discussing nothing but Romney !

What should I say to that....and please respond. I even suggested to that poster that she begin a thread listing what Obama wants to do and his plans and allow us to discuss it.

What do you say to that kind of thing...he is NOT discussing jobs he is discussing Romney and he had NO JOBS bills until election time.

Listen, I can be moderate but this is crap...lets talk about the jobs proposals sitting in the senate....lets discuss what have we been doing about jobs and what plans both have BUT we will not. We will continue to call names and if I changed at all on that...bring it on....I am not going to be intimidated by anyone...I can have my mind changed for sure, but not by dribble that is nothing but party crap and has no functional or reality to it.

I will begin threads on platforms, etc and on foreign policy and nobody wants to touch them so this is what you get. Moderate my position ? I asked you directly when you call the President a moderate to tell me when, who, where and how he was ever one time exposed to moderate thinking or policy. I still await that !
Old 08-02-2012, 09:25 PM
n/a

Quote:
And what should I say to a post that says Obama is dicussing his jobs programs and he is NOT..he is discussing nothing but Romney !

What should I say to that....and please respond. I even suggested to that poster that she begin a thread listing what Obama wants to do and his plans and allow us to discuss it.

What do you say to that kind of thing...he is NOT discussing jobs he is discussing Romney and he had NO JOBS bills until election time.

Listen, I can be moderate but this is crap...lets talk about the jobs proposals sitting in the senate....lets discuss what have we been doing about jobs and what plans both have BUT we will not. We will continue to call names and if I changed at all on that...bring it on....I am not going to be intimidated by anyone...I can have my mind changed for sure, but not by dribble that is nothing but party crap and has no functional or reality to it.

I will begin threads on platforms, etc and on foreign policy and nobody wants to touch them so this is what you get. Moderate my position ? I asked you directly when you call the President a moderate to tell me when, who, where and how he was ever one time exposed to moderate thinking or policy. I still await that !
Good to see you are well and back in form.
Old 08-02-2012, 10:47 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueash View Post
I think you're seriously misreading this law and have scrambled all the facts in you post here. Your logic is severely flawed and incomprehensible.

If someone releases tax return info without authorization that is a felony, no matter who it is; be it a corporate tax preparer or secretary or whoever had access to that information.

There are extra penalties if that person is also a government official.

If someone divulges his information himself, I guess it would be considered public knowledge now and wouldn't be applicable to this law. Romney did not release or authorize the release of any tax return information beyond the release of his 2010 returns. You're trying to put forth some sort of "fantasy conversation" that has no basis in fact.

If someone is indeed releasing Romney's tax return info without specific authorization that is a felony and punishable by fine and incarceration.

It is the job of the IRS and the FBI to pursue a federal investigation to determine the truth of what Democrat Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid is relating as to a Bain Capital employee divulging unauthorized tax info to him.

If he lies or doesn't cooperate, that is also a felony.

If I were Romney I would want Reid in the hot seat on this.
Old 08-03-2012, 12:00 AM
n/a

This is all smoke and beer farts.
Romney is wise to let them bitch about his taxes for the next 3 months and when it is too late to mount another attack, release them.
Old 08-03-2012, 05:36 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by eweissenbach View Post
I have not posted regarding Romney's tax returns, and am not all that interested, however those that have would probably say the reason they have no FACTS upon which to base their conclusion and allegation is because he has refused to release his returns.

The Villages Florida

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old 08-03-2012, 05:49 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigalibaba View Post
The Villages Florida

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
I was hoping I was not the only one that felt that way. If Mitt the Twit is not paranoid about Big Brother or has not done something crooked, why not release them. If he is, then he should not be in this election at all. It is not to late to get another REP. Lets go with Sanitarium and Sarah. LOL what a cluster of missteps in the closing days. Obama can save all his donations for his friends running for congress that way he can get something done to help us all in the next four years.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.