More Troops to Middle East?

Old 02-26-2015, 10:06 AM
n/a

A military victory is not going to bring peace to the Middle East. What is going on there is based on the religious beliefs in those countries and they will fight, as we would, if invaded by a foreign power.
There was some order in Iraq until we decided to overlook our First Gulf War victory and let cruise missiles and bunker busters delude us into becoming the Global Police Force.
Anybody wonder why China doesn't have problems dealing with these same Middle Eastern countries? It ain't cruise missiles and boots on the ground.
Old 02-26-2015, 10:10 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Am not sure what testicles have to do with it, but I seem to recall from my education that we are greatly advantaged by having civilian control of our military. Must have missed the day they taught about the wondrous advantages of having a military which could do what it wanted to win at all costs. Peter Sellers, where are you?
That is not what was said or intended. You may have an opinion but not change the wording or intent of another's posting.

You obviously missed the part where it is stated "ordered' to win. And restated "...what ever it takes to win..." to at all costs.
Old 02-26-2015, 10:12 AM
n/a

Quote:
Am not sure what testicles have to do with it, but I seem to recall from my education that we are greatly advantaged by having civilian control of our military. Must have missed the day they taught about the wondrous advantages of having a military which could do what it wanted to win at all costs. Peter Sellers, where are you?
I'm sorry but when I first read the reference to Peter Sellers, I thought you were referring to Barack Obama ... my mistake
Old 02-26-2015, 05:38 PM
n/a

Quote:
There was and still continues to be one major issue.
The military have not now or ever been allowed/ordered to what it takes to win!
Too much politics and not enough spine and cajones.
I had to re-read your comment twice as it sounds like you are saying the reason we haven't sent more of our young people to the middle east is lack of spine. Although you probably have support in this forum that thinking defies logic. The flat earth society is alive and well here in The Villages
Old 02-26-2015, 07:31 PM
n/a

Quote:
I had to re-read your comment twice as it sounds like you are saying the reason we haven't sent more of our young people to the middle east is lack of spine. Although you probably have support in this forum that thinking defies logic. The flat earth society is alive and well here in The Villages
Well congratulations after two tries you still got it 100% wrong....but worded to make your points.

Let's try a different approach and see how it gets moved around.

The reason boots on the ground again is even being discussed is because in Iraq and Afghanistan the military leaders were never given the direction at the time when we had more than 100,000 of our troops there....to do what ever it takes to win the war(s).

The lack of spine remark is aimed squarely at Obama. The military leaders were ready to go on his command. Instead their hands were tied and as a result many Americans died there.
Old 02-26-2015, 08:05 PM
n/a

The reason so many young Americans died was we had no reason being there in the first place. Please give thanks for that rightfully to W and the real commander in chief and war criminal Dick Cheney!
Old 02-27-2015, 12:03 AM
n/a

Quote:
The reason so many young Americans died was we had no reason being there in the first place. Please give thanks for that rightfully to W and the real commander in chief and war criminal Dick Cheney!
Yawn

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.