Newt Gingrich character

Old 05-12-2011, 11:07 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbugs View Post
Richie,

You are very capable of finding obscure factoids on the computer. Even with your vast skill, it looks as though you are not able to find facts that would disprove what I posted about Newt.

Newt has too much old personal baggage to be a credible candidate. All of it will surface and he will fail. Just look at John Edwards and how he went downhill so fast after it was brought out how much of a slimeball he was.
The only thing I'm disputing is the lie you repeated. You still won't let go of it. I thought you were better than this.
Old 05-13-2011, 08:20 AM
n/a

Default Hip..Hip...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorBear View Post
....I will wait, investigate and develop an informed opinion....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hancle704 View Post
...Maybe this time, we should look for the best qualified and not a media darling with false promises for President...
Old 05-14-2011, 02:29 PM
n/a

Default Newt Gingrich

First Xavier your latest logo is great. I keep running across different accounts concerning Newt and most are not flattering. It appears everyone agrees he is an intellect,agood idea man and very innovative they simply do not believe he is a nice guy and can't inspire others to follow. Newt was one candidate I was watching and while he will hold his candidacy in abeyanace I intend to look elsewhere
Old 05-14-2011, 04:25 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
First Xavier your latest logo is great. I keep running across different accounts concerning Newt and most are not flattering. It appears everyone agrees he is an intellect,agood idea man and very innovative they simply do not believe he is a nice guy and can't inspire others to follow. Newt was one candidate I was watching and while he will hold his candidacy in abeyanace I intend to look elsewhere
After what we went through with the defense of everything "Clinton", I don't think the leftists have a leg to stand on in their assailment of the past conduct, in terms of morals, of Newt Gingrich.

There is no one more brilliant on the presidential stage, right now, than Mr. Gingrich. He doesn't need a teleprompter to make intelligent knowledgeable statements, either.
I'm not in his corner yet, and not because I don't believe he would be an outstanding choice to lead this country back from the brink of Obama. We need some more time to assess his electability in light of the predictable leftist major media storm to come if he gains serious traction.
Old 05-16-2011, 06:28 AM
n/a

My personal opinion is that Gingrich would make a better advisor. Of course nobody is perfect, and Gingrich is certainly more 'on issues' than people like Palin, Trump or Bachmann. But he does have baggage to overcome. I'm very interested in seeing what his new Contract For America is going to be - at least I believe I read that he'll have a new one coming out. If so, I hope it's more like the 1994 Contract and nothing at all like that 30-page manifesto that the GOP came out with last year.
Old 05-16-2011, 07:05 AM
n/a

Default Whats More Of A Moral Failure

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieLion View Post
After what we went through with the defense of everything "Clinton", I don't think the leftists have a leg to stand on in their assailment of the past conduct, in terms of morals, of Newt Gingrich.

There is no one more brilliant on the presidential stage, right now, than Mr. Gingrich. He doesn't need a teleprompter to make intelligent knowledgeable statements, either.
I'm not in his corner yet, and not because I don't believe he would be an outstanding choice to lead this country back from the brink of Obama. We need some more time to assess his electability in light of the predictable leftist major media storm to come if he gains serious traction.
for a president? I'd prefer a president who is a skirt chaser a la Clinton, to a president who fabricated intelligence reports and lied to the country about the need for a war that resulted in thousands of deaths and maimings, all at a cost of about $100 billion to our treasury.
Old 05-16-2011, 08:56 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by actor View Post
for a president? I'd prefer a president who is a skirt chaser a la Clinton, to a president who fabricated intelligence reports and lied to the country about the need for a war that resulted in thousands of deaths and maimings, all at a cost of about $100 billion to our treasury.
Putting aside your Democrat talking points spin on, I'm guessing, the action in Iraq, I think you're thinking of someone else and not Newt Gingrich.

I'm not sure what the antics of the "skirt chaser", and might I add accused rapist, Bill Clinton has to do with the war in Iraq and how that might relate to Newt Gingrich. You've stumped me on this one.
Old 05-16-2011, 09:08 AM
n/a

Default Maybe you can understand this

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieLion View Post
Putting aside your Democrat talking points spin on, I'm guessing, the action in Iraq, I think you're thinking of someone else and not Newt Gingrich.

I'm not sure what the antics of the "skirt chaser", and might I add accused rapist, Bill Clinton has to do with the war in Iraq and how that might relate to Newt Gingrich. You've stumped me on this one.
Putting aside Gingrich, you are someone who is quick to condemn Clinton for his "immoral acts", but are only too happy to turn a blind eye to the actions of your hero GWB who fabricated the need for a costly war that killed and maimed thousands and cost this country $100 billion. Now you tell me, what is a bigger moral failure in a president. An adulterer or someone who lies about the need for a war?
Old 05-16-2011, 11:32 AM
n/a

Default A Shot In The Foot

Quote:
Originally Posted by dklassen View Post
Funny how you didn't care some much about Obama's credibility before he was elected...
I'm not so sure it was Obama's credibility that was the issue as much as the IN-credibility from the other side. Basing a campaign on statements by Joe The Plumber and having a VP candidate who couldn't conduct an interview without making some breathtakingly dumb statements. I think those were the issues that dampened people's willingness to discuss Obama's experience and credibility as a candidate for POTUS.

I think situations like this have been referred to as "shooting yourself in the foot".
Old 05-16-2011, 11:40 AM
n/a

Default Way Too Low

Quote:
Originally Posted by actor View Post
...only too happy to turn a blind eye to the actions of...GWB who fabricated the need for a costly war that killed and maimed thousands and cost this country $100 billion....
I only wish it was only $100 billion. Try a number that's already well over a trillion dollars and growing at the rate of more than $700 million a day.
Old 05-16-2011, 02:53 PM
n/a

Default Newt Gingrich

Newt backs Obama individual mandate that everyone carry health insurance OUCH! This intellect has intellectualize himself into stupidity. Newt please go do lectures, write books but stay out of politics becuase you keep mixing up agendas
Old 05-16-2011, 03:41 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
Newt backs Obama individual mandate that everyone carry health insurance OUCH! This intellect has intellectualize himself into stupidity. Newt please go do lectures, write books but stay out of politics becuase you keep mixing up agendas
Newt has killed his chances for the Republican nomination. Just last month he was praising Paul Ryan's budget and now he's slamming him, and before that he released a video on YouTube where he said he was categorically opposed to individual mandates, and now he's advocating them, even if he's saying his proposals differ somewhat from Obama's

Worse yet, he's just made Rep. Ryan's and the Republican's battle for the new budget harder by giving the Democrats talking points ammunition. He said that he's just as opposed to "right wing social engineering" as he is to "left wing social engineering". Way to go Newt!!.

Hard to explain this. His friends are already backing away from him. I had high hopes for Newt. What a disappointment.
Old 05-17-2011, 04:51 AM
n/a

I Think Newt likes to hear himself talk too much. He's done.

The Republican who laid into him while shaking his hand was excellent.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.