Palin Emails

Old 06-12-2011, 03:55 PM
n/a

Back to the Palin e-mails....As my friend from Alabama use to say " there they go trying to spot the flysh--in the pepper. here we have the liberal media poring over Palin's e-mails and I suspect every aspect of her life and that of her family and she is coming out looking more and more of a serious presidential contender, intelligent keenly aware of PR issues, etc

Keep going liberal media before its over you will be writing that people ought to vote for her in 2012
Old 06-12-2011, 04:18 PM
n/a

The REAL STORY on this Palin email excavation is the Washington Post and the New York Times imploring it's readers to come to their aid and help them to dig through these thousands upon thousands of pages of emails and help them find dirt on Gov. Sarah Palin.

When has the media ever exposed itself this blatantly in it's desire to try to destroy a political figure? A political figure they try to portray as a "joke" and a "sideshow". Their dedication to their desire to tear her down gives lie to their own purported "dismissal" of her.
Old 06-12-2011, 09:24 PM
n/a

Default Very interesting Palin"ism"

Sarah Palin billed Alaska taxpayers more than $17,000 for travel expenses when she stayed in her own home during her term as governor in Juneau. The money was part of a “per diem” system of travel stipends, which the governor was able to claim for trips to her home town of Wasilla.

The Washington Post reported in September 2008 that Palin claimed expenses for 312 days spent in her own home, and an additional $43,000 in travel cost for her family — much of it between Juneau and Wasilla.

Palin has said that the expenses were not unusual and that she saved the state money by selling the official plane and trimming other expenses.

The travel expenses include nearly $11,000 for airfare for her daughter Piper, now 10, and more than $38,000 for her husband, Todd. State officials later said that she would be liable for federal taxes on the per diems.

Palin also accepted more than $25,000 in gifts for herself and her family while she was governor, including artwork, jewelry, travel expenses and a Nintendo game system.

About a quarter of the entities that supplied Palin with gifts are linked to a mining lobbyist. In one case, the Barrick Gold Corp. paid $805 for Todd Palin to travel to a mine, including the cost of a hat and T-shirt. Calista Corp., a mining and energy company, gave Palin an ivory puffin mask and necklace.

When The Post reported on the gifts, a McCain-Palin campaign spokesman said they had no influence on her and that Palin has stood for the highest standard of ethics.

Palin pushed the state legislature to adopt new ethics standards, which barred state officials from taking gifts from lobbyists or others with business before the state - after she had taken so many herself.
Old 06-12-2011, 10:53 PM
n/a

You know Bugs. I'm not taking the bait and wasting time researching your little tidbits. I'll let the stories come to me in the lame-stream media if there's any real "story" there. God knows, they've got nothing more pressing to do.
Old 06-13-2011, 05:51 AM
n/a

If what TBugs quoted is the most they can come up with against Palin, I'd say that falls into the category of what an old friend called "baby food stuff".
Old 06-13-2011, 08:46 AM
n/a

I just have to love Richie's attitude on my posting. I got it off the Palin email section of the Washington Post online.

It shows that Palin is not above taking everything that she could possibly get within the shadow of the law. I am not saying by any means that other politicians have done the same or much worse. I am only saying Palin is not a snow-white angel but is a typical politician. That is the only reason I posted the piece.

By the way, Richie, I do agree that this frenzy over Palin's emails by the Post and the Times is 100% ridiculous.
Old 06-13-2011, 03:50 PM
n/a

As my friend from alabama use to say some folks just can't help but pulling the flys--- from the pepper. WSJ had an article on the costs associated when the Obamas travel. It ran into the million becuase they brought along several limo several chefs etc, etc now that's not fly s---
Old 06-16-2011, 06:33 AM
n/a

[QUOTE=JimJoe;361369]Ok Liberals.. answer this one..
If you guys all consider Palin stupid and no threat to win the Presidency, why are you spending tons of money and time sending reporters to pick up 300 pounds of 24,000 emails IN JUNEAU ALASKA, and paying investigators and reporters to read them?
Why aren't you reading the emails of Romney, and the rest of the "qualified" Republican candidates?
Admit it.. She is the only one you are truly afraid of.
JJ

JJ
In a nutshell, Sarah Palin (and Michelle Bachmann) are intelligent, attractive and very independent women (traits I have observed in most Republican/Conservative women) and therefore Sarah Palin intimidates many men (and women) within the Democratic party.

Annabelle

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.