Palin's Pastor Puts Wright in the Minor Leagues!

Old 09-19-2008, 10:37 PM
n/a

Default Palin's Pastor Puts Wright in the Minor Leagues!

There has been so much talk about past associations of the candidates, just thought you might be interested in Sarah Palin's Pastor. The truth is stranger than fiction! Meet the Reverend Thomas Muthee. Laying of hands, speaking in tongues, and now witch hunting! (from an airplane?)

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3036677/#26798219

http://www.choicesforliving.com/spirit/part4/kenya.htm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yx-Ka...watch_response

Well, you wanted past associations? But not really past, in this case, present.
Old 09-20-2008, 08:06 AM
n/a

WHAT?!! And her speaking ability is just phenomenal!!! I am not impressed!

Old 09-20-2008, 08:10 AM
n/a

If you really believe stuff that you read on the internet you shouldn't be voting.

For really up to date and juicy true and false rumors read

http://www.snopes.com/
Old 09-20-2008, 08:50 AM
n/a

Default Fascinating. . .

I find it so interesting that everyone was so set to jump on Obama's Rev. but when it comes to this wacko that Palin's been listening to, it's just fine. hmmmm, a little myopic aren't we? BTW, this is not just 'internet' stuff and not just a rumor. There is a video of her praising Rev. Muthee. Face reality.
Old 09-20-2008, 09:09 AM
n/a

At large family gatherings, in order to keep order, many Americans set up a ground rule. Religion and politics are off the table. There is a reason for that.

There are 305,205,851 Evangelicals worldwide. 89,500,000 or more in the United States. Does Billy Graham ring a bell? Wikipedia:

The 2004 survey of religion and politics in the United States[11] identified the Evangelical percentage of the population at 26.3%; while Roman Catholics are 22% and Mainline Protestants make up 16%. In the 2007 Statistical Abstract of the United States, the figures for these same groups are 28.6% (Evangelical), 24.5% (Roman Catholics), and 13.9% (Mainline Protestant.) The latter figures are based on a 2001 study of the self-described religious identification of the adult population for 1990 and 2001 from the Graduate School and University Center at the City University of New York. [12]

Rather than engage in the emotion charged debate of religion and politics, I would simply make the point that there a lot of Evangelicals in America and many in the Villages. Draw your own conclusions.
Old 09-20-2008, 11:22 AM
n/a

Post That's odd!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabo35 View Post
At large family gatherings, in order to keep order, many Americans set up a ground rule. Religion and politics are off the table. There is a reason for that.

There are 305,205,851 Evangelicals worldwide. 89,500,000 or more in the United States. Does Billy Graham ring a bell? Wikipedia:

The 2004 survey of religion and politics in the United States[11] identified the Evangelical percentage of the population at 26.3%; while Roman Catholics are 22% and Mainline Protestants make up 16%. In the 2007 Statistical Abstract of the United States, the figures for these same groups are 28.6% (Evangelical), 24.5% (Roman Catholics), and 13.9% (Mainline Protestant.) The latter figures are based on a 2001 study of the self-described religious identification of the adult population for 1990 and 2001 from the Graduate School and University Center at the City University of New York. [12]

Rather than engage in the emotion charged debate of religion and politics, I would simply make the point that there a lot of Evangelicals in America and many in the Villages. Draw your own conclusions.
I'm not talking about the religion in general. I'm talking about Sarah Palin's pastor. It seemed fair game for Obama. What's the difference. What's good for the goose is good for the gander. Obama has been slammed for months and months. Not to mention falsely being called a Muslim. Obama's a Christian. Bucco's been pounding about past associations. Well, it appears you McCain supporters only want a one way conversation. Too bad.

The Villages Florida
Old 09-20-2008, 11:35 AM
n/a

Default Chelsea's post

Chelsea;

Great post!

Enough!

Tony
Old 09-20-2008, 12:36 PM
n/a

JEREMIAH WRIGHT: "The government gives them the drugs, builds bigger prisons, passes a three-strike law, and then wants us to sing God Bless America? No, no, no! Not God bless America. God damn America! It's in the Bible, for killing innocent people. God damn America for treating its citizens as less than human!"
Great pastor.
Old 09-20-2008, 12:49 PM
n/a

Chelsea, you cited my post and said, "Well, it appears you McCain supporters only want a one way conversation."

Where in my copious posts did I ever say I supported McCain? Or, for that matter said I was a Republican. Or included a partisan banner on my post like you have. Those are conclusions you hastily jump to. I did say that my mother, a Boston democrat worked hard on JFK's presidential campaign.

Maybe I'm a democrat who feels his party left him by moving to far to the left. Maybe I'm a Libertarian. They have some interesting planks and believe in less big government intrusion in our lives. I could be a Rebublican. Maybe I'm a true independent who votes for the person, not the party. I will confess this much, although it doesn't preclude any of the above. My first choice for President was Sam Nunn, a democrat from Georgia. It was a no brainer for me as I know Sam personally. He's a great golfer. He would have been great for the country during these intense complicated times.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_Nunn

So, please don't presume to define my politics.
Old 09-20-2008, 12:58 PM
n/a

Thumbs down Old old old News!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejp52 View Post
JEREMIAH WRIGHT: "The government gives them the drugs, builds bigger prisons, passes a three-strike law, and then wants us to sing God Bless America? No, no, no! Not God bless America. God damn America! It's in the Bible, for killing innocent people. God damn America for treating its citizens as less than human!"
Great pastor.
Eddie, dahling! This is such old news and Senator Obama denounced him. As for Ms. Palin, that little of video of her talking about Rev. Muthee was taken just this past June.
Old 09-20-2008, 02:23 PM
n/a

Bucco's been pounding about past associations. Well, it appears you McCain supporters only want a one way conversation. Too bad.
__________________________________________________ _________________-

DUH ! I got a list...this is all you got....and my list has to do with politics..not religion !
Old 09-20-2008, 05:33 PM
n/a

Default Concerns About Charismatic Teachings? Take a Christian Theology Class

Oh, yes indeed. It is so much fun to mock the power of prayer... It is so much like mocking people from small towns and those who carry guns. It is so much more enlightening to listen to the know it all self-righteous likes of Keith Olbermann, a Unitarian who likely considers any kind of faith, other than in himself, as an impediment to life.

I'm not an evangelical or a Charismatic Christian, but having heard the essence of both forms of "Christianity", there is much less for America to fear from the words of Sarah's pastor than Barack's.

Barack's (ex-pastor and ex-church) espouses racism and Black Liberation Theology, akin to the teaching of Che Guevara and similar communist radicals.

Sarah's church espouses teachings found in many Christian denominations in this country - whether you are worried by their "unbelievability" or not. That concern relates more to ignorance of the concept of "faith" and the teachings of various Christian denominations than it is to being a "radical" church like Obamas.
Old 09-20-2008, 08:02 PM
n/a

Default Again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfmucci View Post
Oh, yes indeed. It is so much fun to mock the power of prayer... It is so much like mocking people from small towns and those who carry guns. It is so much more enlightening to listen to the know it all self-righteous likes of Keith Olbermann, a Unitarian who likely considers any kind of faith, other than in himself, as an impediment to life.

I'm not an evangelical or a Charismatic Christian, but having heard the essence of both forms of "Christianity", there is much less for America to fear from the words of Sarah's pastor than Barack's.

Barack's (ex-pastor and ex-church) espouses racism and Black Liberation Theology, akin to the teaching of Che Guevara and similar communist radicals.

Sarah's church espouses teachings found in many Christian denominations in this country - whether you are worried by their "unbelievability" or not. That concern relates more to ignorance of the concept of "faith" and the teachings of various Christian denominations than it is to being a "radical" church like Obamas.
Once again! I am not talking about her religion, I am talking about this particular Reverend! I wholeheartedly believe in the power of prayer. Reverend Thomas Muthee is obviously a respected religious leader of Sarah Palin's. I think it's important to know. This woman will be a heartbeat away from the Presidency! Sorry, but this can't be ignored! Are we to wonder if she will go to him in times of trouble and that this type of individual will be helping her make decisions about our country? That's a scary prospect!

Obama denounced Rev. Wright. Clearly Sarah Palin has not denounced Rev. Muthee.
Old 09-20-2008, 08:24 PM
n/a

Obama denounced Rev. Wright. Clearly Sarah Palin has not denounced Rev. Muthee.
__________________________________________________ _________---

Yes he did, second time around when he had to. First time he just said he did not agree with a particular sermon when he was dicussing POLITICS (of hate by the way).

I have no idea what Sen Biden or Sen McCain feel about prayer nor do I want to know,thus Gov Palin's view on prayer is none of our business. And actually dont know how Sen Obama prays and dont care !

There are much more scarier things than turning to prayer FOR SURE !!!!
Old 09-20-2008, 09:09 PM
n/a

Default Reverend Wright

Does everyone know that Reverend Wright was a US Marine who served with distinction in Vietnam? After his enlistment was up he joined the US Navy to become a corpsman expecting to go back to Vietnam to assist his Marine brothers. As it turned out he wasn't needed back there and served his Navy enlistment at Walter Reed, actually assisting LBJ on one occasion while serving there.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.