U.S. going down the tubes on Obama's watch.

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
 
Thread Tools
  #31  
Old 04-26-2011, 01:40 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
You've actually made a pretty good case as to why this conjecture and these suspicions are not earth shatteringly important. They ALL lack substance and definitive proof of some conspiracy or whatever. Much of what you say appears to be your interpretation or at least what you tend to believe. I do appreciate your effort in delving into the subject matter. To each their own I guess.
GTMO...no substance...not important ?

Lack of healthcare debate..no substance..not important ?

Patriot act....no substance..not imporant ?

The other background character issues..no substance..not important ?

Yeah..you are right...to each his own ! You keep on keeping on with the one liners and name calling...you will do just fine !
  #32  
Old 04-26-2011, 02:47 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

The undisputed fact of this thread still is that the U.S. is failing on the world stage with the world's main players looking to dump the U.S. Dollar as the world standard. Consumer necessities are rising in costs obvious to even uniformed U.S. consumers, with no relief in sight, and it's all happening under the leadership of Barrack Hussein Obama.
  #33  
Old 04-26-2011, 02:50 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
GTMO...no substance...not important ?

Lack of healthcare debate..no substance..not important ?

Patriot act....no substance..not imporant ?

The other background character issues..no substance..not important ?

Yeah..you are right...to each his own ! You keep on keeping on with the one liners and name calling...you will do just fine !
You yourself said that no elected official can keep all of their promises. I agree. It's sad that President Obama was unable to close Gitmo, but sometimes you don't know all of the consequences until you're actually in the job. That and the Patriot Act are jobs that need to be cleaned up and you may note that both of those circumstances were inherited from the previous administration. Look at what has been promised and delivered. Yeah, I wish they all were accomplished, but you take what you can. I'm really sorry that the healthcare program didn't go far enough, but there is always another day hopefully. Of course the fringe groups on both sides didn't make that any easier. You do what you have to do as has been the case since we've had people with differing ideas who refuse to compromise. In my mind the Progressives are as much to blame as the hard line conservatives.

Xavier
  #34  
Old 04-26-2011, 02:52 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieLion View Post
The undisputed fact of this thread still is that the U.S. is failing on the world stage with the world's main players looking to dump the U.S. Dollar as the world standard. Consumer necessities are rising in costs obvious to even uniformed U.S. consumers, with no relief in sight, and it's all happening under the leadership of Barrack Hussein Obama.
See post #2 on page one. How can you blame this on one person?

Xavier
  #35  
Old 04-26-2011, 02:55 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default Xavier....my post is not biased. I simply asked about his

accomplishments to warrant being re-elected. I would ask the same regardless who was POTUS. I happen to be performance/accomplishment/commitment oriented. I saved many companies by getting rid of people who were not. And especially the ones who only talked about what needed to be done.

I find it actually annoying when folks do not address the issue(s)...similar to what I presented in question format...and the only response is something like your throw away comment about being biased. It isn't just you, far too many Dems I know respond the same way.

I ask once again...try...TRY...and forget the R or the D and respond with commentary to educate those asking about his accomplishments...that warrant his entitlement to being the Democratic candidate and re-election.

You see, being performance/commitment/accomplishment based, I would get rid of most of the incompetence in the Congress or the Senate....based strictly on performance. Just how well are they serving we the people? I really don't care about the R & D. And I am not like too many that follow suit because it the partisan thing to do....because rarely is the partisan thing to do the same as the RIGHT thing to do.

I do not subscribe to the lemming notion if your not with my guy you are against him...

Let's hear the MEASURABLE accomplishments of Obama that warrant him being re-elected!! Anybody.

btk

btk
  #36  
Old 04-26-2011, 03:15 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
You yourself said that no elected official can keep all of their promises. I agree. It's sad that President Obama was unable to close Gitmo, but sometimes you don't know all of the consequences until you're actually in the job. That and the Patriot Act are jobs that need to be cleaned up and you may note that both of those circumstances were inherited from the previous administration. Look at what has been promised and delivered. Yeah, I wish they all were accomplished, but you take what you can. I'm really sorry that the healthcare program didn't go far enough, but there is always another day hopefully. Of course the fringe groups on both sides didn't make that any easier. You do what you have to do as has been the case since we've had people with differing ideas who refuse to compromise. In my mind the Progressives are as much to blame as the hard line conservatives.

Xavier

Where do you live ? These were the cornerstones of his campaign...NOT just throw away lines....these are just a few that he lambasted the previous administration on. And the healthcare bill has got to go down totally...it is the most embarassing piece of legislation in centuries !

Why you must defend this man is beyond me......

TO BTK'S POINT.....Come on here and tell us why he should be reelected...WHAT has he done. Are we in fewer wars now...tell us why you are so much enamored with this man and his policies ?
  #37  
Old 04-26-2011, 03:24 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

One could point out to many accomplishments, health care being one of them, but since you disregard anything Obama does as failing to lead our country, why bother? We are both sides set in our ideology and, I fear, never able to come together on much of anything.
  #38  
Old 04-26-2011, 03:32 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
See post #2 on page one. How can you blame this on one person?

Xavier
Blame him or blame any myriad of reasons. The point is that he is "in charge", and it's all happening on "his watch". That always means something come election time.

That's why you have the main stream media running cover on the gas prices. If the Pres. was a Republican you'd have nightly updates on the "gas price crisis", and daily teeth-gnashing editorials wondering what the President was going to do to ease the burden on the citizens.

People know what's going on every time they fill their tank, buy a gallon of milk or a pound of hamburger or a loaf of bread. It's all happening "under his watch".
  #39  
Old 04-26-2011, 03:50 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

So long political forum.....have fun and play nice.
  #40  
Old 04-26-2011, 04:59 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
Where do you live ? These were the cornerstones of his campaign...NOT just throw away lines....these are just a few that he lambasted the previous administration on. And the healthcare bill has got to go down totally...it is the most embarassing piece of legislation in centuries !

Why you must defend this man is beyond me......

TO BTK'S POINT.....Come on here and tell us why he should be reelected...WHAT has he done. Are we in fewer wars now...tell us why you are so much enamored with this man and his policies ?
...and I gave you 140 of the promises he kept. Must be you didn't like them. Maybe you should at least read the 7 pages.



Why you must tear down this man is beyond me......

Xavier
  #41  
Old 04-26-2011, 06:16 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Bucco,

Toady does not refer to looks. Ivanka, Donny Jr, and Eric are definitely 3 great looking young people. It is a person who flatters or defers to others for self-serving reasons. They are otherwise known as "yes men or women". We have all known the office brown noser, I think. Have you even seen Apprentice where one of the Trump kids have disagreed with Donald? Their answer is always something like, "You are right again. You had no other choice." These kids know what side their bread is buttered on. No doubt, they are extremely smart - just like their dad.

You were the one that brought up grades and that Obama must have had less than a 3.3 when transferring colleges. I just brought up other politicians of both parties whose GPA's we have not seen.

Anyhow, Bucco, I do not want to argue with you on politics. I know we never would see eye to eye. You have a vast knowledge on the subject.
  #43  
Old 04-28-2011, 06:34 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default The DJIA Was UP Again

today, having a great year, with American corporations reporting fantastic quarterly earnings. Sure seems like the end of the world to me. Nothing like the previous administration which oversaw a near once in a lifetime economic calamity. Original poster has zero credibility.
  #44  
Old 04-28-2011, 07:39 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Ah... Bush's fault agin. The only calamity going on right now is 100% Obama and the Democrats.

Not that it's been pointed out (and ignored) a million times here. The collapse started with Freddie and Fannie. Bush and the Republicans saw it coming and tried to reform it before it all collapsed.

I believe it was the Democrats in congress that said NOPE NOTHING WRONG HERE and blocked the votes. If my memory serves me correctly they also accused the Republicans of being racist based on who was running Freddie and Fannie at the time. Witch hunt was another term they used quite often.

Freddie and Fannie in fact collapsed and thus the chain reaction ensued thereafter. That's not the only reason but it was the major one.

Want to compare Bush's budget defect and unemployment numbers to Obama's? Face it, Obama is a failed President and his policies are a disaster for America. Let's compare notes again in 2012 shall we? He's a one term disaster.
  #45  
Old 04-28-2011, 07:45 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

A reminder lest we forget

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MGT_cSi7Rs[/ame]

Here's a timeline if you are interested.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMnSp4qEXNM&feature=related[/ame]
 

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:23 PM.