Where's the money? See the article about GE below:

Old 03-25-2011, 01:32 PM
n/a

Default Where's the money? See the article about GE below:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/25/bu...x.html?_r=1&hp

Please note the reference to keeping profits off shore to avoid paying taxes.

Now multiply that times all the companies that are doing the same thing.

Net effect....billion/trillions of no taxes being paid....trillions of profit dollars that are being held off shore instead of bringing it home and investing in the future of America.

How about they pay taxes on what they earn in the USA and no taxes on the money they bring home from over seas?

How about everybody that is working jack up their number of dependents to the point where there are no taxes paid.....do it for 60 days. Yes it is legal to do that. It is done all the time as you have to settle up at tax time anyway...unless you are GE that is.

Now if I am missing something about why this is OK please enlighten me. And the subject has nothing to do with political affiliation. It has to do with right and wrong and the strengthening of America.

I would also boycott GE for not paying taxes. I worked for GE for half my career....when America mattered to them.

btk
Old 03-25-2011, 03:54 PM
n/a

Default Where's The Money....

Elitist! It makes the flat tax more attractive but then these artful tax dodgers will find away around that obligation too. The whole thing sickens me.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.