Why can't posters use their own names?

Old 02-12-2015, 11:21 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
No, we don't "crave confrontation with a specific individual". In regular conversation on this board or anywhere, we're used to knowing with whom we are speaking, even it the person bears a screen name.

It's impossible to tell whether it's ONE person who agrees/disagrees with us, or ten.

It's nice to know when a consensus is forming or changing as a result of the debate at hand. It's interesting to see if anyone actually comes around to your point of view or can at least find some common ground.
Old 02-12-2015, 11:37 AM
n/a

To all of those who want to use names on this forum, please take a few hours and read the old threads from 2012, and before, to see what the political forum was like. I can guarantee you that most of you would be curled up in the fetal position under your desk, begging for mercy, had you been involved in the name-calling that went on.
Old 02-12-2015, 11:38 AM
n/a

Quote:
If editing were available, and everybody is "Guest", then everybody could edit everybody else's posts. Because everyone is Guest, and all posts are by Guest.
Are you just speculating or are you the moderator? I'm so confused.
Old 02-12-2015, 11:45 AM
n/a

Quote:
To all of those who want to use names on this forum, please take a few hours and read the old threads from 2012, and before, to see what the political forum was like. I can guarantee you that most of you would be curled up in the fetal position under your desk, begging for mercy, had you been involved in the name-calling that went on.
Sorry…but that's typical liberal "I need mommy" (government or a moderator in this case) to keep civility and order. I participate in quite a few forums where there's either no moderator or it's limited to basically moving threads to the correct topic group. The most responsible forums are where you have to use your true identity and own your comments and their repercussions (with co-workers, etc…)

Conversely, pull up your big girl panties and grow some thick skin.
Old 02-12-2015, 11:57 AM
n/a

Quote:
Sorry…but that's typical liberal "I need mommy" (government or a moderator in this case) to keep civility and order. I participate in quite a few forums where there's either no moderator or it's limited to basically moving threads to the correct topic group. The most responsible forums are where you have to use your true identity and own your comments and their repercussions (with co-workers, etc…)

Do you mind if I pull up my 'big boy panties'? Have you read the old threads? It's amazing how one side could be so wrong about everything back in 2012, their polls and links, etc. Not one word they said back then came true. Most of those posters left this forum after the political forum got shut down. There's even some speculation that some might have shot themselves after the election.
Old 02-12-2015, 12:00 PM
n/a

Odds are the political forum will be gone by the end of the week.
Old 02-12-2015, 12:23 PM
n/a

[QUOTEConversely, pull up your big girl panties and grow some thick skin. [/QUOTE]

You're beating that line to death.
Old 02-12-2015, 12:59 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
[QUOTEConversely, pull up your big girl panties and grow some thick skin.
You're beating that line to death.[/QUOTE]
Old 02-12-2015, 01:12 PM
n/a

Hey Chi-Town… what gives with the name?

How come you get to be special? This is not fair! Either we're all "Guest" or we're not. This is a trampling of my civil rights. Can we organize a protest and sit-in? This has got to have a racial component; let's call the Reverend. I thought all the libs were for equality, and now someone is special. Did you intend this hostility? I feel like a second-class poster.
Old 02-12-2015, 02:10 PM
n/a

Quote:

How come you get to be special? This is not fair! Either we're all "Guest" or we're not. This is a trampling of my civil rights. Can we organize a protest and sit-in? This has got to have a racial component; let's call the Reverend. I thought all the libs were for equality, and now someone is special. Did you intend this hostility? I feel like a second-class poster.
All for equality EXCEPT.......

Only if it fits and enables more name calling and labeling ! If I cannot call them a name, I just vote how I am told
Old 02-12-2015, 02:33 PM
n/a

Quote:
AND I can attest from personal experience the HATE spewed in PMs !!!! From people who only knew or know my political position and nothing else about me.
Old 02-12-2015, 04:09 PM
n/a

I find guest to be both very intelligent and articulate, and rather poorly informed and unable to express him/herself clearly. He/she seems to take on right wing and left wing positions while sometimes seems positioned clearly in the middle. He/she seems to a very conflicted individual, even resorting to confusing posts such as this. What a dilemma.
Old 02-12-2015, 04:22 PM
n/a

Quote:

Hi Guest: Your inflexibility is already showing and that will get this forum shut down.

Admin said they would reopen on a trial basis. Can't you read between the lines. If not it means given a reasonable length of time if posters can demonstrate that they can have discussion in a civil manner we will proceed forward with additional features.

Please I want the opportunity to have cogent and unemotional conversation about what is going on around the world

So guest please control yourself and be patient and understanding because its Admin's call based on your performance and mine

Personal Best Regards:
Old 02-12-2015, 04:31 PM
n/a

Quote:

Stop blathering. I don't consider you a second class poster. With Tapatalk I can sometimes see who's posting for a while and my name also appears for a short time. It makes no difference to me. We're all in this together. BTW, you used the panties line on me one time. Need to update your Don Rickles act.
Old 02-12-2015, 05:03 PM
n/a

Quote:
Hi Guest: Your inflexibility is already showing and that will get this forum shut down.

Admin said they would reopen on a trial basis. Can't you read between the lines. If not it means given a reasonable length of time if posters can demonstrate that they can have discussion in a civil manner we will proceed forward with additional features.

Please I want the opportunity to have cogent and unemotional conversation about what is going on around the world

So guest please control yourself and be patient and understanding because its Admin's call based on your performance and mine

Personal Best Regards:
Perhaps you don't understand the busine$$ aspect of these various discussion websites (TOTV, etc…) The discussion forums are similar to television programming in that they draw viewers/posters. This traffic is counted and then used to establish advertising rates. TOTV exists as a business to sell ads…period. TOTV is heavy on ads, classifieds, contractors, etc…and quite thin on traffic and discussion, due in my opinion, to their heavy-handed moderation. But hey, it's their site and they can run it into the ground if they want.

Your post sounds as if you're confused who's the benefactor of this discussion traffic. There are thousands of discussion forums out there that are lively and full of intelligent discourse. When you log on here you see what… (2 viewing, etc…) When the traffic count drops too low, the ad revenue no longer supports the cost of maintaining the site. I rarely post here because the discussion is not lively and the moderation strangulating.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.