"Wow!" Is all I can say.

Old 09-16-2015, 10:09 AM
n/a

Default "Wow!" Is all I can say.

This is my very first time looking and reading the Political Talk. WOW!

I thought it was going to be actual political discussions that friends could be having in a living room together. Not so at all, eh? It is just angry rantings and personal attacking each other and nonsense attacks of character of candidates.

There is so very little political climate on this group. It says in the "sticky" to have discussions as you would have in a face-to-face discussion. Any person talking to another face to face like so many of these exchanges would have their teeth rearranged, I would think.

Say what you want but it will be without the likes of me. Checking in was for curiousity but leaving is a pleasure. Just know your beliefs are not consistent with the great majority of Villagers - ones who are not angry about life.
Old 09-16-2015, 10:15 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post

I thought it was going to be actual political discussions that friends could be having in a living room together. Not so at all, eh? It is just angry rantings and personal attacking each other and nonsense attacks of character of candidates.

There is so very little political climate on this group. It says in the "sticky" to have discussions as you would have in a face-to-face discussion. Any person talking to another face to face like so many of these exchanges would have their teeth rearranged, I would think.

Say what you want but it will be without the likes of me. Checking in was for curiousity but leaving is a pleasure. Just know your beliefs are not consistent with the great majority of Villagers - ones who are not angry about life.
Maybe it is not life that they are angry about, but the direction that the county is going - downhill, rapidly.
Old 09-16-2015, 10:37 AM
n/a

Quote:
Maybe it is not life that they are angry about, but the direction that the county is going - downhill, rapidly.
Yes, you've nailed it.
Old 09-16-2015, 10:53 AM
n/a

Quote:

I think you are smart to just leave.

There is the opportunity for political discussion on here.

It is what you make of it.

IF you have a ideology and your mind is closed to any other then please leave.

Most people come in here with a chip on their shoulder but once they are able to determine those who really wish to discuss issues and ignore the trolls that, you are right about, do frequent here, it can be fun AND educational.

My thing is to read the posts....those that are not just a personal attack on some poor politician....and then investigate to see how true everything is...to determine if I misread the issue. Many time I have misread and once I do my investigation I am ok.

BUT you should leave...you are either sincere and thus I suggest leaving and not coming back since you do not have to be here...

OR...you are a troll which is what I suspect who is simply using another little gimmick to blast away at others. If that is the case...PLEASE PLEASE leave.
Old 09-16-2015, 10:55 AM
n/a

Quote:

No one is stopping you from commenting on the subject, or otherwise. But, if you feel that way,........bye.
Old 09-16-2015, 11:14 AM
n/a

Evidently personal attacks, derogatory remarks, name calling, incessant scoldings, and ponderous rants aren't the OP's cup of tea. Go figure.
Old 09-16-2015, 11:16 AM
n/a

Quote:

Anyone who truly believes things are not better now than they were in 2009 really needs help tying their own shoelaces.
Old 09-16-2015, 11:23 AM
n/a

I will remind the OP and others as I usually do when the political forum is attacked in general for the unacceptable actions of a very few specific antagonizers.

With the advent of the anonymous anonymous guest screen name for all there is opportunity for many of the antagonizers to place multiple posts creating an unreal rerality to the forum. And may very well include something like the OP here in this thread.

So please do not tar and feather the entirety of the political forum for the antics of the few.

If you are REALLY interested you should be capable enough to ignore the few and participate as you claim you came here to do.
Old 09-16-2015, 11:39 AM
n/a

Quote:
Anyone who truly believes things are not better now than they were in 2009 really needs help tying their own shoelaces.
I remember my father talking about the "good old days" even though it was the Depression years. Some people here feel the same about 43's time in office.
Old 09-16-2015, 11:56 AM
n/a

Quote:
I remember my father talking about the "good old days" even though it was the Depression years. Some people here feel the same about 43's time in office.
I am sure you are correct in your assumption.

While I understand your sarcasm and since you know your name appears when you post, I also know you as an ardent and loyal supporter of President Obama.

I do get the malaise of the Iraq war and do not wish to debate that thing again on here but do you actually think this country is in better shape now than in 2009 ? I always found you to be a smart poster, albeit a very biased one, but how could you even suggest such a thing ?

His two "legacy" moments...ACA and Iran deal are disasters.

ACA has a lot of good stuff in it and a lot that BOTH parties wanted but it is structured to bring our economy to its knees and does nothing to do what is was supposed to do. Reduce health care costs.

Iran, with a huge approval rating of about 23 % (and that approval thingie means not much except for how low it is) is discussed as if there was no context attached to it, ie. N. Korea, Syria, Russia, ICBM's and on and especially (for me anyway) that stupid premise about the only option to it being war.

Those are the two things he had accomplished that are headline worth....race relations went straight to the toilet beginning with his first foray with the black professor way back.....our economic situation while it DID improve is not good and we have yet to feel the full impact of ACA....foreign policy you have to admit is a total disaster; we are single handly making the ME a nuke haven and while not literally true, we have left Israel out to dry; Russia is dictating everything we do and getting stronger each day; we ignore, and frankly I never hear of this country doing this....we ignore the gassing of children in Syria.

No, we are not better off than we were and I was just getting started.

We need a change and it better go 180 degrees from our current direction.

NOBODY blames Obama alone. It was a "team" effort. BUT those items that lay at the Presidents feet, especially foreign policy is a mess. And the racial divide I think a case can be made that he has taken us back in time, whether he did it on purpose or not, it is just a fact.

WE are a country of laws...this President wants HIS OWN LAW. I think that fact is what bothers me about this President more than any other. He feels he is always right, and that alone is not a bad thing, but he will not even tolerate discussion with anyone who disagrees with him EVER AND AT ALL.

I suppose that last fact is what makes Trump more attractive to moderates. Same kind of schtick but on the right
Old 09-16-2015, 12:02 PM
n/a

Quote:
Seriously???

Then working >100 hours a week but not being paid for the OT.
Now RETIRED

Then making 6 figures
Now making 6 figures

Then 2 houses with mortgages
Now 2 houses without a mortgage

Then traveling every week M-F
Now only when I want to

So I think I might be better off than I was in 2009....but you must have forgotten about the crash of 2008! Surely you must remember that!

But I forgot I had a nephew being deployed to the gulf on a routing basis now been home for 6 years.
Old 09-16-2015, 12:05 PM
n/a

I also forgot to say I do know how to tie my shoe laces.
Old 09-16-2015, 12:09 PM
n/a

Quote:
Tell that to the millions that he's added to the welfare roles. Oh wait, they wear slip-on shoes - no shoe laces for them.
Old 09-16-2015, 12:25 PM
n/a

Quote:
Seriously???

Then working >100 hours a week but not being paid for the OT.
Now RETIRED

Then making 6 figures
Now making 6 figures

Then 2 houses with mortgages
Now 2 houses without a mortgage

Then traveling every week M-F
Now only when I want to

So I think I might be better off than I was in 2009....but you must have forgotten about the crash of 2008! Surely you must remember that!

But I forgot I had a nephew being deployed to the gulf on a routing basis now been home for 6 years.
Good for you.

BUT are you honestly and sincerely making YOURSELF the criteria, the standard by which all is measured ?

Your post was a bit self centered don't you think ?
Old 09-16-2015, 12:29 PM
n/a

Let me see....now what was the subject of this thread,

Where does when one had it better or not fit in the thread?

Right! It doesn't.

Tags
political, discussions, wow, face, angry, talking, teeth, exchanges, rearranged, pleasure, villagers, majority, great, life, consistent, beliefs, checking, curiousity, leaving, person, likes, friends, living, room, actual

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.