Colder Than Average

Closed Thread
Old 10-01-2023, 09:54 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
I hate to tell people but...electric vehicles will make a blip of an impact on global warming.
Ditto -- plus they add more pollution problems ... Rein In Electric Vehicles - Donn Dears LLC
Old 10-01-2023, 10:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,925 Times in 1,543 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sounding View Post
Thank you for your helpful comments. Today, three more have signed up for Weather Club notifications to find out more about natural climate change and why man-made climate change is a hoax. We've never changed the climate - but we are enhancing the climate - for the better - just ask the polar bears and the corals.
Thank you for the politeness. So, the "so-called" weather club is telling people that man-made Climate Change is a HOAX. I wish that WERE TRUE. If that were true, I would NOT have to waste my time trying to use logic and remind people that most all REAL Climate Scientists say that it IS MAN-MADE.........and it IS HEATING up the whole PLANET (our beloved Earth). It is caused by the series of factors that I described in post #131 so no point in me retyping that logic.
......As to the last sentence in the post about Polar Bears and Coral reefs - it is 180 degrees incorrect....it is BACKWARDS. Polar Bears are classed as "Threatened" by experts. Sorry, but you are NOT an expert on Polar Bears so you can say that Polar Bears are doing wonderfully. But, EXPERTS, not little me, are saying that you are making a dishonest statement. And I have seen scuba diving videos where divers come up onto their boat CRYING that the Coral Reefs are dead. So, it seems to me that they are the experts because I DOUBT very seriously that you personally have taken dive trips to Coral Reefs. So, I suspect that you are getting your incorrect information from one of the dark misinformation sites (even some started by Russian trolls).
Old 10-01-2023, 10:10 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwoodley1975 View Post
It does not.
Got to LOVE comments like this one. A reader is left with the question, "what does NOT do what" ? I guess it was directed to those mind-readers on TOTV.
Old 10-01-2023, 10:13 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
Thank you for the politeness. So, the "so-called" weather club is telling people that man-made Climate Change is a HOAX. I wish that WERE TRUE. If that were true, I would NOT have to waste my time trying to use logic and remind people that most all REAL Climate Scientists say that it IS MAN-MADE.........and it IS HEATING up the whole PLANET (our beloved Earth). It is caused by the series of factors that I described in post #131 so no point in me retyping that logic.
......As to the last sentence in the post about Polar Bears and Coral reefs - it is 180 degrees incorrect....it is BACKWARDS. Polar Bears are classed as "Threatened" by experts. Sorry, but you are NOT an expert on Polar Bears so you can say that Polar Bears are doing wonderfully. But, EXPERTS, not little me, are saying that you are making a dishonest statement. And I have seen scuba diving videos where divers come up onto their boat CRYING that the Coral Reefs are dead. So, it seems to me that they are the experts because I DOUBT very seriously that you personally have taken dive trips to Coral Reefs. So, I suspect that you are getting your incorrect information from one of the dark misinformation sites (even some started by Russian trolls).
You are allowed to believe the media -- I prefer to believe the data -- which says you too can hunt polar bears for about $50,000 per harvest. Would you like to split the cost for a hunt? Guns or bows are allowed ... Canadian Arctic Polar Bear Hunt - Ameri-Cana Expeditions
Old 10-01-2023, 10:29 AM

You short sighted people kill me.
The Milky Way is going to collide with Andromeda and you people are cranked up about the weather.
Old 10-01-2023, 10:33 AM

I repeat for the nth time: The one thing constant about climate…it changes.

Does mankind contribute? Likely some.

Is mankind solely responsible? No way.
Old 10-01-2023, 10:34 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
I hate to tell people but...electric vehicles will make a blip of an impact on global warming.
OK, that statement would depend on where we are at in the time evolution of electric vehicles. It is true that today they will make less of an effect than they will tomorrow. Scientists and I believe that in the future they will save the EARTH from a deadly FUTURE full of Global Warming.
.......Even today........The US has 8 % of its new vehicle sales to be E-vehicles. This is DESPITE strong pressure from the oil and gas MEGA-dollar-backed naysayers implanted in the US Federal Government. Europe is buying new E-vehicles at a rate about DOUBLE that of the US.
...........S.Korea is making E-vehicles to sell to Australia, New Zealand, and others.
..........Independent Electric car and truck manufacturers are springing up all over the US and World. Because E-vehicles are EASIER to produce BECAUSE the engine naturally rotates 360 degrees right from the "get-go" , uses much fewer parts, and has high INSTANTANEOUS torque.
...........China is FULLY COMMITTED to E-vehicles. China has a HUGE population so their MANY manufacturers can sell to their home China population or to Australia, New Zealand, and many others. This will help China with its pollution problem, while also helping the WORLD with its CO2 pollution problem - which is HEATING UP OUR PLANET
Old 10-01-2023, 11:06 AM
Sage

Quote:
You are allowed to believe the media -- I prefer to believe the data -- which says you too can hunt polar bears for about $50,000 per harvest. Would you like to split the cost for a hunt? Guns or bows are allowed ... Canadian Arctic Polar Bear Hunt - Ameri-Cana Expeditions
I have forgotten more about HUNTING than most people know. As far as polar bears go, only a FOOL (with a death wish) would try to KILL a polar bear with a bow WITHOUT a guide backup with a RIFLE. Yes, a hunting party of Arctic natives could kill a polar bear with only arrows, but they are exceptional, and would probably have a rifle backup.
.........Let's go over this one MORE time.........Polar bears live mainly on Sea Ice. When they set PAWS on firm ground, the native North Americans and whites also kill them. They MUST live on Sea Ice. Sea Ice has DECREASED by 33% in the last 20 years. Scientists predict that it will RAIN (not snow) for long periods in the Arctic by 2050. So, that is WHY Polar Bears are "threatened" and will be looked at scientifically to potentially be placed on the ENDANGERED species list. This is the ACTUAL SCIENTIFIC present and future status for Polar Bears.
........If some POLITICAL ENTITY IN CANADA wants to hunt them..........I don't care........except to say they are STUPID.............and the world of environmental protectors SHOULD get together and stop that. I think that I will call my friend Greta Thunberg and make that suggestion.
Old 10-01-2023, 11:14 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
I have forgotten more about HUNTING than most people know. As far as polar bears go, only a FOOL (with a death wish) would try to KILL a polar bear with a bow WITHOUT a guide backup with a RIFLE. Yes, a hunting party of Arctic natives could kill a polar bear with only arrows, but they are exceptional, and would probably have a rifle backup.
.........Let's go over this one MORE time.........Polar bears live mainly on Sea Ice. When they set PAWS on firm ground, the native North Americans and whites also kill them. They MUST live on Sea Ice. Sea Ice has DECREASED by 33% in the last 20 years. Scientists predict that it will RAIN (not snow) for long periods in the Arctic by 2050. So, that is WHY Polar Bears are "threatened" and will be looked at scientifically to potentially be placed on the ENDANGERED species list. This is the ACTUAL SCIENTIFIC present and future status for Polar Bears.
........If some POLITICAL ENTITY IN CANADA wants to hunt them..........I don't care........except to say they are STUPID.............and the world of environmental protectors SHOULD get together and stop that. I think that I will call my friend Greta Thunberg and make that suggestion.
And many also said -- only a fool would fly in an airplane. If we split the hunting costs, you get to keep the rug -- using either gun or bow -- but the Inuit hunting guides keep all else - for the family & dogs ... 403 Forbidden By the way, the international community did get together and allow hunting of excess bear populations - thanks to global warming and more CO2.
Old 10-01-2023, 11:21 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,878 Times in 3,701 Posts

Seems warmer today.
Old 10-01-2023, 11:27 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Imagine that, even Talk of the Villages has gone woke and blocked the link I provided about hunting. All you have to do is search for "polar bear bow hunting" to find out a little more about reality - versus fake news
Old 10-01-2023, 11:34 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davonu View Post
I repeat for the nth time: The one thing constant about climate…it changes.

Does mankind contribute? Likely some.

Is mankind solely responsible? No way.
In this case, MANKIND IS mainly (probably solely) responsible. Around the world, for the last 10 years, more and more RECORD temperatures have been recorded (due to CO2 heat reflection from the upper atmosphere). This summer in the US and the world they have seen devastating HEAT records. Melting Antarctic ice and Arctic ice has caused the oceans to rise dramatically (and Heat is killing Coral reefs). Right here in TV Land, the afternoons were excessively RECORD HOT. Mankind (and ManNotSoKind) are responsible through increased populations of buyers of CO2 producing cars, trucks, and even golf cars.
.........Let me ask this question - why RECENTLY are large groups of illegal migrants moving northward into the US? It is because the RECENT HEAT has dried up their crops and made city life in South America oppressively HOT. If the man on TOTV who always disagrees with me was correct, (and says that it is getting cooler) then there would NOT be the masses RUSHING the southern US border. But, he must be saying that I am really NOT seeing those masses crossing the Rio Grande River. And the New York Mayor must be wrong when he says that he has a problem with illegal migrants on the streets of N.Y. Talk about that at the next meeting of the pseudo-Weather Club!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-01-2023, 11:37 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
In this case, MANKIND IS mainly (probably solely) responsible. Around the world, for the last 10 years, more and more RECORD temperatures have been recorded (due to CO2 heat reflection from the upper atmosphere). This summer in the US and the world they have seen devastating HEAT records. Melting Antarctic ice and Arctic ice has caused the oceans to rise dramatically (and Heat is killing Coral reefs). Right here in TV Land, the afternoons were excessively RECORD HOT. Mankind (and ManNotSoKind) are responsible through increased populations of buyers of CO2 producing cars, trucks, and even golf cars.
.........Let me ask this question - why RECENTLY are large groups of illegal migrants moving northward into the US? It is because the RECENT HEAT has dried up their crops and made city life in South America oppressively HOT. If the man on TOTV who always disagrees with me was correct, (and says that it is getting cooler) then there would NOT be the masses RUSHING the southern US border. But, he must be saying that I am really NOT seeing those masses crossing the Rio Grande River. And the New York Mayor must be wrong when he says that he has a problem with illegal migrants on the streets of N.Y. Talk about that at the next meeting of the pseudo-Weather Club!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So, if you truly believe man is causing global warming, then tell me ... how much has man-made CO2 warmed the earth last year? Please provide peer-reviewed source material - not opinions - but data.
Old 10-01-2023, 11:38 AM
Sage

Quote:
And many also said -- only a fool would fly in an airplane. If we split the hunting costs, you get to keep the rug -- using either gun or bow -- but the Inuit hunting guides keep all else - for the family & dogs ... 403 Forbidden By the way, the international community did get together and allow hunting of excess bear populations - thanks to global warming and more CO2.
I doubt that about the international community. Maybe the international community of greedy native North Americans.
Old 10-01-2023, 11:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,362 Times in 4,353 Posts

Quote:
More inane, useless graphs. Concentrate on MAN-MADE (recent, within 12 years) Global WARMING. Can we say WARMING together...........now say Global Warming.....now man-made Global Warming.....now say - RECENT man-made Global Warming. Okay, class now you are getting the hang of it.
Here it is in SIMPLIFIED FORM...........recent big global population increase.....yields big car and truck CO2 increase.........yields recent big HEAT reflection from the upper atmosphere (AKA sky).......yields RECORD summer HEAT felt worldwide and measured by Climate Scientists.
.....Also, record HEAT felt by Pickleball players outside in TV Land.
Do you have any empirical data on those pickelball players?

A graph would be nice...

-Tom Petty
Closed Thread

Tags
colder, cooling, ice, age, year

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.