Colder Than Average

Closed Thread
Old 09-29-2023, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sounding View Post
Here's the satellite data ... https://www.nsstc.uah.edu/data/msu/v...cdc_lt_6.0.txt ... and here's a graph of the same data plotted in Excel - showing a 9-year cooling trend. It's just data -- nothing to get excited about. To learn more, please visit the Weather Club ... The Villages Weather Club
What's the fifty year trend? The hundred year trend? Why just the last nine years? What's so special about a nine year trend?

Are you cherry picking only data that supports your position?

Does the weather club have anyone speak to climate change being real? It seems based upon your responses that the weather club only would appeal to those denying climate change? Your comments please.
Old 09-29-2023, 09:05 AM
Gold member

Quote:
The Farmer's Almanac is forecasting a colder and snowier winter than average for the 23/24 winter season. This is no surprise as we are in a 9-year cooling trend, which is within a 6,000 year Milankovitch cooling trend, which is within our current 2.5 million year old Pleistocene Ice Age. The Pleistocene Ice Age is the subject of a talk on Sep 29 at 4 PM at Colony Cottage - for the Philosophy Club. Dress warm.
I never even knew there was a philosophy club. Philosophy like the courses one would have taken in college? Like Kant, Socrates, Plato, Descartes etc etc etc.
Old 09-29-2023, 09:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,913 Times in 1,531 Posts

Quote:
Politicians say hot .... data say a 9-year cooling trend.
Not politicians ............it is SCIENTISTS that say each succeeding year ON EARTH will be HOTTER for at least the next 8 years. And Florida residents NEED to know that by 2030 the ocean rise will bring the Ocean and Gulf of Mexico into about 1 mile from the current waterline around ALL of Florida. That WILL affect a lot of homes, apartment buildings, and condos.
.........Talk about that at those so-called climate meetings. Oh, I forgot science is NOT discussed!
Old 09-29-2023, 09:49 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggar View Post
What's the fifty year trend? The hundred year trend? Why just the last nine years? What's so special about a nine year trend?

Are you cherry picking only data that supports your position?

Does the weather club have anyone speak to climate change being real? It seems based upon your responses that the weather club only would appeal to those denying climate change? Your comments please.
Why the 9-year trend ... because it's the latest trend. It's just data - no need for alarm. Plus - more than 100 glaciers are growing -- I wonder why.
Old 09-29-2023, 09:58 AM
Sage

Quote:
Not only does official government satellite data indicate we are in a 9-year cooling trend, but it also shows, that over the past 30 years, global warming is slowing down -- exactly the opposite of what alarmists claim. Listen to the data -- it's talking to you.
I will give you some REAL FACTS about Global Warming and how it IS AFFECTING Fl. today. And you can find it ALL in today's NY Times. DUE to Global Warming, DENGUE FEVER (the DEADLY mosquito-borne disease) has NOW moved NORTH to Florida in the US and France in Europe.
.......For the FIRST time in 20 YEARS, this summer MALARIA has SPREAD to Fl., Tx., and Maryland.
........Look THAT up and STOP the NONSENSE of trying to refute G.W. That is DANGEROUS DISINFORMATION.
.........I don't know who or why that DISINFORMATION spreads.........maybe some Fl. real estate agent wants to KEEP attracting masses of people to Central Florida???????
Old 09-29-2023, 10:10 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
I will give you some REAL FACTS about Global Warming and how it IS AFFECTING Fl. today. And you can find it ALL in today's NY Times. DUE to Global Warming, DENGUE FEVER (the DEADLY mosquito-borne disease) has NOW moved NORTH to Florida in the US and France in Europe.
.......For the FIRST time in 20 YEARS, this summer MALARIA has SPREAD to Fl., Tx., and Maryland.
........Look THAT up and STOP the NONSENSE of trying to refute G.W. That is DANGEROUS DISINFORMATION.
.........I don't know who or why that DISINFORMATION spreads.........maybe some Fl. real estate agent wants to KEEP attracting masses of people to Central Florida???????
YOUR feelings are subjective. DATA is objective. Government satellite temperature data clearly show a "slight" 9-year cooling trend - not warming. Don't worry - it's only data.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	UAHx.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	100376  
Old 09-29-2023, 10:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,426 Times in 2,079 Posts

Quote:
YOUR feelings are subjective. DATA is objective. Government satellite temperature data clearly show a "slight" 9-year cooling trend - not warming. Don't worry - it's only data.
And it is still Bunk! The data doesn’t show that as has been explained to you too many times.

If you want the Weather Club to have any credibility at all you’re going to have to try real science rather than conspiracy sites

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough

Last edited by Bill14564; 09-29-2023 at 10:32 AM.
Old 09-29-2023, 10:25 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVES View Post
There are many other alternatives. Plant trees instead of houses. Population control? The population of the US has doubled since 1950 180 million now 350 million and other countries are even worse.

It is of course true both electric motors and batteries have gotten better. I have or had a book published about 1910, of course it had graphs etc. The book said that if we don't switch to electric trucks New York city horse manure would be up to your waist. Yes, there were electric cars and trucks in 1910. Aside, gasoline engines have also gotten far better. Diesels. Used to be diesel was the same price as regular gasoline. You get like 20-30% more miles per gallon over gasoline.
A lot of that post is true. Especially the 1st 2 sentences. If the US of A had 225 MILLION people instead of 350 plus MILLION, then I would NOT even NEED to be writing anything. We would NOT need to replace gas golf carts and gas AND DIESEL automobiles with ELECTRIC ones. Likely, we would NOT have the CO2 layer in the upper atmosphere reflecting the HEAT that EVERYONE KNOWS we experienced this summer. And Scientists have said that 2023 so far has been the WARMEST in HISTORY (recent history, not 300,000 years ago, as my one buddy talks about). And we would NOT have killed about 90% of ALL living Coral reefs on planet Earth!
.........Incidentally, diesel engines do have the potential for GREAT MPG, but they are even DIRTIER than gasoline engines as far as CO2 and other POLLUTANTS go.
..........So, if science does NOT have a way to send about 150 MILLION PEOPLE in the US and many MILLIONS worldwide..........to some other PLANET. Then, the ONLY feasible solution IS to have people start buying MORE ELECTRICAL golf carts and E-vehicles, even an E-bike would help.
...........WARNING........failure to do the E-vehicle thing will guarantee 8 more years of increasing RECORD HEAT. In other words, by 2032 there will be virtually NO outdoor activity in the summer in Florida......NO golf, NO softball, NO pickleball, or other activity. Maybe some HARDY souls will try to throw horseshoes outside in the shade.....they better wear gloves so as not to burn their hands!
Old 09-29-2023, 10:36 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
And it is still Bunk! The data doesn’t show that as has been explained to you too many times. If you want the Weather Club to have any credibility at all you’re going to have to try real science rather than conspiracy sites
For those viewers who want to know why we are in a 9-year cooling trend, just attend a Weather Club meeting, where data, versus narratives, are discussed. For example, here is more global satellite data showing that for the past 30 years, global warming is slowing down - not accelerating like climate alarmists claim -- and of course the last 9 years show slight cooling. Do not sell your snow shovels.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	Slowing Down.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	100377  
Old 09-29-2023, 10:41 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windguy View Post
I’m not into pseudo science, so there’s no need for me to read further.
Oh no! You will miss the times and days scheduled for the next FLAT EARTH SOCIETY meeting!
Old 09-29-2023, 10:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,426 Times in 2,079 Posts

Quote:
For those viewers who want to know why we are in a 9-year cooling trend, just attend a Weather Club meeting, where data, versus narratives, are discussed. For example, here is more global satellite data showing that for the past 30 years, global warming is slowing down - not accelerating like climate alarmists claim -- and of course the last 9 years show slight cooling. Do not sell your snow shovels.
… or just continue to peddle junk science. Oh well.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 09-29-2023, 10:50 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRedSox! View Post
The media may not be reporting it because other reputable organizations like NASA say that Summer 2023 was the hottest on record since records began in 1880. August was 2.2 degrees above average. The World Meteorological Organization also says Summer 2023 was the hottest on record.

I get that in today's polarized world, not everyone trusts NASA. Some conspiracy theorists say the moon landings were faked. There are virtually no set of facts which are universally accepted. In some circles, folks believe that COVID is a hoax and Pro Wrestling is real.
"Like the HOAXES that you find in the windmills of your mind"..............from a famous song.
Old 09-29-2023, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Why the 9-year trend ... because it's the latest trend. It's just data - no need for alarm. Plus - more than 100 glaciers are growing -- I wonder why.
Here's a link that goes over that using an 8 or 9 trend is NOT indicative of a LONG TERM cooling trend but that a LONG TERM warming trend is occurring.

Fact Check-Eight cooler years cannot be extrapolated to draw conclusions on long-term global warming | Reuters

or just google eight year cooling trend to find articles.

For each of us we'll make our conclusions from scientific date. I think your data is in fact picked to support your own beliefs. To each his own.
Old 09-29-2023, 10:58 AM
Sage

Quote:
Dr. Hansen, from NASA, and known as the Father of Global Warming, is a great example of the trust problem.
1.4 degrees F is enough to cause the world's oceans to rise. And whatever the per year rise actually is, all scientists know that this summer set the RECORD for HEAT worldwide. And everyone here in TV Land who is honest and has been here for many years will tell you how HOT this summer has been.
Old 09-29-2023, 11:00 AM
Sage

Quote:
This difference here is ... you bring narratives and I bring data. The "data" shows that the last 30 years shows global warming is slowing -- and the "data" shows the last 9 years has a slight cooling trend -- and it's all government data. If you don't like the data -- change it to fit your alternate reality.
That statement, "I bring data" needs to be amended to "bringing erroneous data". Thank you!
Closed Thread

Tags
colder, cooling, ice, age, year

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.