Hottest September Ever Recorded by a LOT Don't listen to the deniers / liars

Closed Thread
Old 10-06-2023, 07:27 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,392 Times in 503 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Softball77 View Post
I'll believe in Global Warming when the proponents of global warming live their lives as if it is true. (Like stop flying your private jets to Davos to tell us to reduce our carbon footprint). Rules for thee, but not for me.
Exactly! Get your own house in order first.
Old 10-06-2023, 07:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,550 Times in 2,144 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
It's good to hear that your concern is for the next 100 years. So, now you can sleep soundly since absolutely nothing significant with regards to climate is going to change in that time frame. Pleasant dreams.
Could you get an inch of water in your streets? Of course, that happens all the time---it's called WEATHER. Look at the flooding from Ian. But it has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with CLIMATE.
You don't seem to be paying attention. Perhaps I used too many words.

"blue sky" flooding is happening today and is on the rise.

Standing water in storm drains is happening today. You don't really think the streets were laid out knowing that they would constantly have water in them, do you?

The street flooding in Shore Acres (I know someone who lives there) during regular high tides has become worse over just the past five years.

All these have come to pass due to sea level rise. The rate of sea level rise has been shown to have increased due to manmade influences on climate change. Not weather and not hurricanes but an increasing rate of climate change. There is the reality, there is the science, there is the data, and yet there are still deniers.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 10-06-2023, 07:29 AM

The MSM will guide us.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	gcgwl.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	100474  
Old 10-06-2023, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueash View Post
This graph uses as a zero point the temperature average over a 30 year period from 1991 to 2020. Of course this was a period when temps were already moving upward as you can see looking at how no years prior to 2002 were warmer than that average. So when a person who regularly posts that we are in a cooling trend selectively uses a single hot year as a baseline, know you are being manipulated and lied to.
The time period you're showing is insignificant. Last year we visited a park outside of Sedona, AZ that had a visitor center showing what the area was like a couple hundred million years ago. It was COASTAL WETLANDS!!! There are numerous ice core based graphs that show CO2 vs temperature and there are A LOT on disconnects lasting hundreds of thousands of years. I do believe in reducing ALL pollution and moving to cleaner energy, but this breakneck, break the bank, break traditional energy, etc. to rush down a road that isn't even paved is crazy!
Old 10-06-2023, 07:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,117 Times in 4,227 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post

All these have come to pass due to sea level rise. The rate of sea level rise has been shown to have increased due to manmade influences on climate change. Not weather and not hurricanes but an increasing rate of climate change. There is the reality, there is the science, there is the data, and yet there are still deniers.
Yes, seas levels are rising. And yes, they will continue to rise. And yes, there will be more flooding. And yes, in about 50,-60,000 years half of Florida will be underwater. AS HAS BEEN THE CASE OVER A DOZEN TIMES IN THE LAST 4.5 MILLION YEARS. However, all of that has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with human activity. THAT is the science, THAT is the data, and yet there are still deniers. I understand the profit motives of those power brokers that are pushing the false narrative, I even understand the media complicity since they are chasing ratings. I even understand the uber-hypocrites that want to dictate a lifestyle to everyone else while they do as they please. What I fail to understand is how anyone can buy into this garbage. I do understand to a small degree our young people who buy this crap hook, line and sinker, since they are ignorant, inexperienced, yearn to find they own identity and want to join "a cause". But mature people with half a brain? I just don't get it.
Old 10-06-2023, 07:38 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,392 Times in 503 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
You don't seem to be paying attention. Perhaps I used too many words.

"blue sky" flooding is happening today and is on the rise.

Standing water in storm drains is happening today. You don't really think the streets were laid out knowing that they would constantly have water in them, do you?

The street flooding in Shore Acres (I know someone who lives there) during regular high tides has become worse over just the past five years.

And again I will be more inclined to believe them when they get out of their ivory towers and lead by example.
Old 10-06-2023, 07:42 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinner1001 View Post
Oh, what to do about it? What to do?

Limit each person’s air flights to 4 per year like France? Have the government require every new vehicle sold after 2034 to be zero emission like California? Forced reduction of the human population with a limit of one natural child per couple like China (did), a la one branch of climate activists like Greta Thunberg, Time Magazine’s person of the year for 2019.
First of all, Time magazine's "Man of the Year" carries very little weight---after all, in 1938, they chose Adolf Hitler.

Now I do have to wonder if Greta is eating bugs like she wants the rest of us to do. If so, I would suggest dung beetles for her. But does anyone believe her??? Now, if Gandhi said he was eating bugs, I'd believe him--he had credibility. Greta, Al, Leonardo---not so much.
Old 10-06-2023, 07:44 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtimes View Post
And again I will be more inclined to believe them when they get out of their ivory towers and lead by example.
Even then, I wouldn't. It would only prove that they moved from deluding the public to deluding themselves as well.
Old 10-06-2023, 07:45 AM

I guess you don’t believe the earth was much warmer than now ? One of the warmest times was during the geologic period known as the Neoproterozoic, between 600 and 800 million years ago. Conditions were also frequently sweltering between 500 million and 250 million years ago but man survived. But believe it or not the earth atmosphere fixed itself without having to spend 55 trillion . . What a scam money grab and we have people who believe in this .
The CO2 in our atmosphere is .02 percent.. but , you can believe what you will I’m not buying it .what will you say when September of 2024 is cooler ? .
Old 10-06-2023, 07:46 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
That's fine----SO WHAT??????

8 year cooling trend, 30 year warming trend, 150 years of warming----SO WHAT. It means nothing in the last 4.5 million years of our current ICE AGE marked by 70-120,000 years of alternating periods of glaciation and interglacial thaws. Our current warming trend started about 19,000 years ago and will probably continue for the next 25-30,000 years. At the peak of warming, most of Florida will be gone and our coastal cities will be under 200-400 feet of water, AS IT HAS BEEN AT LEAST A DOZEN TIMES OVER THOSE 4.5 MILLION YEARS. And guess what? Fifty thousand year or so later, NYC will once again be covered by 2 miles of ice, AS IT HAS BEEN AT LEAST A DOZEN TIMES OVER THOSE 4.5 MILLION YEARS. And now for the harsh reality---none of that was influenced by any human (or humanoid) activity. NONE OF IT.

So, the climate change alarmists can go on spouting their garbage. Those few in the position to profit from all the hype will make $billions if not $trillions. The lemmings will march off and buy their EVs and put solar panels on their roofs. The media will continue to push this false narrative---and guess what again---none of it will make the slightest difference. We simply do not have the technology to challenge the power of the sun, Earth's orbit and precession of our axis.

And finally, as a promise to one who is constantly sounding the imminent disaster alarm, here is a picture. It was taken last month off the Isle of Capri in the Mediterranean (well actually, the Gulf of Naples) at high tide. The dark line along the cliff about 15-20 feet ABOVE the water (above the boat on the left, sorry about the resolution but it was hazy) is erosion from where the sea level was 2,000 years ago when Ceasar Augustus ruled. So much for ocean levels rising in the last 2,000 years, and at the current rate of rise we have quite a long time just to get back to the level of Roman times. Yes, we'll get there and hundreds of feet more, but not in the next decades, but in many millennia.
Yup... there you have it folks......one polaroid pic (of something?!?) disproves 1,000's of scientific analysis from around the globe....try harder.
Old 10-06-2023, 07:47 AM

I think people are missing the point of climate change, regardless the cause. Humans should be good stewards of the earth and polluting it is not any form of being a good steward. From the studies I’ve seen the overall climate change is caused by Mother Nature, BUT our trends have accelerated since the industrial age. Humans can’t change Mother Nature but we definitely can influence the speed of it. We can compound the problem, and I would think people wouldn’t want to pollute the earth. Unfortunately, I see many attitudes of not caring because it won’t happen in their lifetime. Sad how mankind can be so short sided.
Old 10-06-2023, 07:48 AM
Gold member

Battle of the Bills and Blues.
Old 10-06-2023, 07:51 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Perhaps instead of saying we heard it on the internet it must be true, should say Al Gore said and it must be ______.
He was right about manbearpig. I am being supercereal.
Old 10-06-2023, 07:51 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilion Villager View Post
Yup... there you have it folks......one polaroid pic (of something?!?) disproves 1,000's of scientific analysis from around the globe....try harder.
I don't have to try at all---the FACTS speak for themselves. But apparently there a large number of sheeple that are not drinking, but gulping down the false climate change agenda Kool-Aid by the tanker full. Amazing how easily some people can be misled by an aggressive media and internet campaign. They probably are the most susceptible to hypnosis as well. At least they can take some comfort from the fact that they are lining the pockets of those power brokers who are behind this false climate change agenda.

PS: Polaroid???? What??? Are you posting from 1955??????
Old 10-06-2023, 07:53 AM

A.I. will kill us all long before the climate becomes a factor.
Closed Thread

Tags
period, year, average, person, hottest

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.