The Schwarzschild Equation

Closed Thread
Old 12-23-2023, 01:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,810 Times in 1,566 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
The only thing underreported by the media relative to this thread is that man-made global warming is the biggest hoax ever perpetrated on the world.
I always thought you were just kidding. Pushing people's buttons. Do you REALLY not know that humankind IS having a great negative effect on Earth's climate. Um, um, um?
Old 12-23-2023, 01:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,111 Times in 4,222 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdpaq0580 View Post
I always thought you were just kidding. Pushing people's buttons. Do you REALLY not know that humankind IS having a great negative effect on Earth's climate. Um, um, um?
I'll never tell
Old 12-23-2023, 01:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,810 Times in 1,566 Posts

Quote:
So, you think F sharp and E flat are the same notes??? Might explain the imminent catastrophic global warming posts
You read incorrectly. Try again.
Old 12-23-2023, 02:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,408 Times in 4,380 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1HggcfnHpo

On your bicycle again I see...

-Tom Petty
Old 12-23-2023, 02:31 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decadeofdave View Post
Sorry I thought the article was some kind of equation related to Howard Schwartz's
heirs in the villages.
No, it was about Norman's Schwarzkopf and Desert Storm...

-Tom Petty
Old 12-23-2023, 02:34 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
That certainly MAY be true. I don't really know or CARE. What i DO know is that 2023 was the HOTTEST on recorded history and I notice that the naysayers about climate DANCE AROUND that fact. Facts have a way of NOT lying.
And THAT sums you your argument perfectly...

Ignore the FACTS you don't like, keep repeating "factoids" you like... Even if they've been debunked...

-Tom Petty
Old 12-23-2023, 02:37 PM
Sage

Quote:
I seriously doubt that witches could agree 100 % on anything?
Nor can scientists...

-Tom Petty
Old 12-23-2023, 02:40 PM
Sage

Quote:
Trivia question: Does anybody know the name of the musical that featured the song "Johnny One Note"?
The Villages Florida

"Babes in Arms"

-Tom Petty
Old 12-23-2023, 02:42 PM
Sage

Quote:
There are a lot of problems in our world in 2023, 2024. I DO tend to focus on the one that is UNDER-REPORTED by the MEDIA. And it is the ONE problem that underlays MANY other problems that are more visible to people.
.........The is a principle in debates........if you can't attack the logic of the debater, then attack them personally in some trivial way.
Under-Reported???

-Tom Petty
Old 12-23-2023, 03:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,666 Times in 1,524 Posts

Quote:
The media is mostly ignoring the fact that there IS a "climate crisis". 2023 is the HOTTEST on record. And the last 7 years have been getting increasingly HOTTER. This is NOT hearsay, theory, or hypothesis. It IS actual temperature MEASUREMENTS all over the Earth. The US and other nations should be working on how to COMBAT this warming, NOT listening to naysayers. NOT debating which overseas war the US should support. Man is losing it's war with mother nature of our Earth. People have trouble seeing Global Warming because it happens SLOWLY like a frog in a slowly boiling pan of water. We NEED solutions, not naysayers.
What "crisis?" Sorry, but I am in my mid 70's and the only change I have noticed is that the air is cleaner than it was when I was a kid. Is that bad; a crisis?
I was just a wee lad when I read the story of Chicken Little. You know "the sky is falling, the sky is falling."
If a bunch of fools wish to waste their money on "scientific" studies with results that they then pervert to enhance the grifter tendencies of politicians, then just leave me out of their scheme. I sincerely doubt that our climate will change enough to be noticeable before I pass on from this life.
For those that are disrespectful to the OP, why bother reading any of his stuff if all you are going to do is disparage him with no countering facts?
Old 12-23-2023, 03:46 PM
Sage

Quote:
To the question of what climate change, I would say the one that is evident by the FACT that 2023 was the hottest on record and so was the last 10 years.
Sooo, in order to have a "hottest" or coldest, the temperature has to change. And as far as I know, we have NEVER had two years exactly the same. As far as I know, that would likely be construed as climate changing. I remember when I was working a construction job years ago (the early 70's) and the temps reached in excess of 104 degrees. Workers were being sent home by their foremen due to the "record" heat. I've been to countries where the temps went into the 120's. The point is that when you have a record hot day in one area, you also have some place else that is cooler/colder. Let me know when the temperature reaches 120 degrees here and I will be impressed. I might even be concerned, for a short time.
Old 12-23-2023, 04:32 PM
Sage

Florida numbers:
"– All-time highest temperature: 109° F (Monticello 5 SE on June 29, 1931)
– All-time lowest temperature: -2° F (Tallahassee on Feb.13, 1899)"

Personally, I hope I don't see another -2° F day/night. Now, if we could just get the temps in the mountains up North to reach continuous highs, I would consider moving. I do like the mountains, however I also enjoy HOT weather. And yet "the sky is falling."
Old 12-23-2023, 05:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,928 Times in 1,546 Posts

Quote:
Is that a F sharp or an E flat??????
I am merely the messenger. It is NOT a good idea to "shoot the messenger". It is generally better to argue against the MESSAGE. We all seem to be in general agreement that 2023 was the HOTTEST in recorded history........so I can conclude that my work is done here. That is the main point that I have been trying to make. We all need to move on to solutions that will bring the global heating back DOWN. And somehow stop the hoards of people entering the US as they try to escape the HEAT conditions in their former countries.
......The 1st world countries are to blame for CAUSING this Global RUNAWAY HEAT threat and they are paying the price for their greed and thoughtlessness with UNWANTED migration from South to North. That is a recent (20 year) phenomenon which has nothing to do with 1,000 year intervals of geological time. This is a BIG right-NOW problem. The only thing that I am doing is trying NOT to ignore it, like MANY are doing.
Old 12-23-2023, 05:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,928 Times in 1,546 Posts

Quote:
The only thing underreported by the media relative to this thread is that man-made global warming is the biggest hoax ever perpetrated on the world.
But we just agreed that 2023 was the WARMEST IN HISTORY. And by extension that the last 10 years grew increasingly HOT up to 2023.
Old 12-23-2023, 06:12 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,105 Times in 381 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sounding View Post
This is the defining equation regarding greenhouse gas physics. It is used by all IPCC climate modules -- and yet the media never mentions it -- especially the CO2 saturation aspect. Find out why: Jan 21, 1:30 PM, Laurel Manor.
The reason is so simple that it is intuitively obvious to even the most casual observer with a minimum expertise. Next question!
Closed Thread

Tags
equation, co2, saturation, aspect, find

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.