Construction trash who do you call??

Closed Thread
Old 05-10-2012, 07:17 AM
Default Construction trash who do you call??

Hi just wondering who you call about the blowing cups, styrofoam containers, cans, bottles so on and so forth from new home builds. I thought they were suppose to clean up after themselves??

Also we're getting a lot of screws in nails in the road. Kinda getting concerned about getting them in the vehicle tires. Doesn't appear to be anyone cleaning up after them.

Who do I contact????????
Old 05-10-2012, 07:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,510 Times in 1,910 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by anlashokna View Post
Hi just wondering who you call about the blowing cups, styrofoam containers, cans, bottles so on and so forth from new home builds. I thought they were suppose to clean up after themselves??

Also we're getting a lot of screws in nails in the road. Kinda getting concerned about getting them in the vehicle tires. Doesn't appear to be anyone cleaning up after them.

Who do I contact????????
They do have a truck that comes through construction areas periodically with a large magnetic bar on the front that picks up nails and screws. I would call your rep. She/he will either handle it or tell you who to call.
Old 05-10-2012, 07:35 AM

Sadly from what I saw at the post office there is no rep for the area yet
Old 05-10-2012, 07:50 AM
Sage

Quote:
Sadly from what I saw at the post office there is no rep for the area yet
I meant the person who sold you the home.
Old 05-10-2012, 07:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,691 Times in 602 Posts

I've the same issue, good luck!
Once I saw the Villages street cleaner come through.
Generally, I'm the *&^%$ trash guy along the street 100 feet in both directions past my property line. I think get the construction guys out and the neighbors clean it up. Best wishes.
Old 05-10-2012, 08:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,394 Times in 2,405 Posts

Those of us who came before you went through the same issue. I picked up from my yard as did my neighbors. Soon the construction will be gone and the blowing trash will be gone also.
Old 05-10-2012, 08:49 AM
Sage

Blowing trash is not a TV-only issue. Up here in Ahia, there's a new build going on directly across the street from us. The workers seem to be doing a good job of using the on-site dumpster consistently yet we're always winding up with a little something blowing onto our property. They could leave the job site perfectly clean at the end of their work day......then BAM - here comes some wind!

I just go around our place before I mow, pick up whatever I find, and put it in our trash can. No big deal.

Bill
Old 05-10-2012, 08:49 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Those of us who came before you went through the same issue. I picked up from my yard as did my neighbors. Soon the construction will be gone and the blowing trash will be gone also.
What I do is bend over and pick it up and throw it in the trash. They seem to try to keep things under control but with so many folks working on a home and ever changing there are a few whose moms couldn't keep them from being sloppy. ANd the wind does take things too.
Old 05-10-2012, 10:15 AM

Well the stuff I picked up last night went back into the house they're building. Figure at least it doesn't blow from that point And makes them take some responsibility for it. Plus they should have a trash bin or something to put it in...not even trying

Someone had once said they were suppose to clean up after themselves but pretty much figured there was no one keeping tabs on them.

Nope, never seen a street cleaner
Old 05-10-2012, 11:27 AM
Veteran member

Live in the Village of Charlotte since late January. Construction on the surrounding lots - most of which were empty - began the beginning of March. I can assure you that calls do not result in anything being done. We, too, called our sales rep, who sent someone out to clean up all the garbage, but, really, it's not his responsibility. We have the same problem with blowing sand. It IS possible to have silt fences put up - they're up in parts of Charlotte, but no matter who we called, we were told that nothing could be done. It's filty here - you can't sit in the lanai. I pick up bottles, cigarette butts, cans, fast food wrappers, etc., daily. Blowing sand from surrounding lots is killing my sod, some of which will be replaced at my expense. I love my house, enjoy the company of the few neighbors living here that I've met, and am happy I moved to TV. That said, people living in construction zones are left to fend for themselves when it comes to blowing sand, construction debris (styrofoam, wood, etc.) and the junk left behind by the contractors themselves. The icing on the cake is that, due to water restrictions, we can't even powerwash the houses and lanais. All of this will eventually cost us money - the powerwashing, having all the air exchanges cleaned and the filters changed, replacing sod buried under blowing sand...with no allowance or compensation from the developer.
Old 05-10-2012, 11:32 AM
Sage

Quote:
Well the stuff I picked up last night went back into the house they're building. Figure at least it doesn't blow from that point And makes them take some responsibility for it. Plus they should have a trash bin or something to put it in...not even trying

Someone had once said they were suppose to clean up after themselves but pretty much figured there was no one keeping tabs on them.

Nope, never seen a street cleaner
Boy howdy.
Old 05-10-2012, 11:39 AM
Sage

I do have empathy for the people who have trash from the construction areas. However, this is one more reason that buying a resale home in an established neighborhood is a great option. No construction!

Don't forget two more great reasons. 1. Much lower or NO bond. New homes (not CYV's) have at least a $20,000 bond going up to around $50,000. 2. NEGOTIATION on the price! You can negotiate the sales price on a resale home. You cannot negotiate the sales price on a new home.
Old 05-10-2012, 12:56 PM
Veteran member

Ahhhh - if hindsight were foresight
Old 05-10-2012, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggyone View Post
I do have empathy for the people who have trash from the construction areas. However, this is one more reason that buying a resale home in an established neighborhood is a great option. No construction!

Don't forget two more great reasons. 1. Much lower or NO bond. New homes (not CYV's) have at least a $20,000 bond going up to around $50,000. 2. NEGOTIATION on the price! You can negotiate the sales price on a resale home. You cannot negotiate the sales price on a new home.
I guess I should say we are leasing for a year or more and took this home because it was new and the others well...won't go into the longterm rentals we were shown. Yikes. (some horror stories there) We'll be buying next year and yes are seriously considering resale homes north of 466a mainly because of the type of loan (VA) we want to use cannot be used on a new home and we do NOT want to be near this construction or construction traffic again!!! Leaving the villages for another retirement community has been mentioned lately too This all has left a bad impression on my mother. I think the 6am wakeups more so.

But we're the type of people that like to keep things clean and nice and of course the construction guys are not helping. Guess I need to call the owner and let him come by, doubt he can get anything done either from the sounds of it.

To the person that said the sand is killing there grass, I remember the owner saying something about making them remove the sand from this lot and replace some sod that had been damaged. So I guess that is doable some how.
Old 05-10-2012, 01:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,394 Times in 2,405 Posts

Quote:
I guess I should say we are leasing for a year or more and took this home because it was new and the others well...won't go into the longterm rentals we were shown. Yikes. (some horror stories there) We'll be buying next year and yes are seriously considering resale homes north of 466a mainly because of the type of loan (VA) we want to use cannot be used on a new home and we do NOT want to be near this construction or construction traffic again!!! Leaving the villages for another retirement community has been mentioned lately too This all has left a bad impression on my mother. I think the 6am wakeups more so.

But we're the type of people that like to keep things clean and nice and of course the construction guys are not helping. Guess I need to call the owner and let him come by, doubt he can get anything done either from the sounds of it.

To the person that said the sand is killing there grass, I remember the owner saying something about making them remove the sand from this lot and replace some sod that had been damaged. So I guess that is doable some how.
Ya know this construction in a section does not last for years and years and years. Sometimes ya just have to go with the flow.....................
As I said earlier we had it, we lived with it and now things are clean & nice!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.