Atomic golf carts

Closed Thread
Old 07-07-2016, 07:02 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,138 Times in 1,360 Posts
Default Atomic golf carts

Thinking about a new cart for Mom and Dad. Any thoughts on this cart? Owners? Cost?
Old 07-07-2016, 07:38 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
Thinking about a new cart for Mom and Dad. Any thoughts on this cart? Owners? Cost?

No doubt safer than a standard cart and air conditioned for the heat. But expensive, made in China & electric motor driven.
Old 07-07-2016, 08:45 AM
Gold member

Test drive one, I did and they are very impressive. Maybe the next cart.
Old 07-07-2016, 10:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Keep in mind, these are LSV which means that legally, they need to be registered and insured.

I'm sure there are some people that like this sort of thing, but personally, I want a golf cart to be a golf cart. I want to be able to open the windshield and feel the wind blow. I like it go 20-24 mph and not more. I do like the idea of maintenance free batteries. I assume that they are lithium ion batteries which I understand are currently available for all carts. In another four or five years when my batteries go I'll probably go with lithium.

You really shouldn't compare these to standard golf carts. They should be compared with the Gem and the Ford Think. They are really a different category of vehicle. If that's what your parents want, then it seems that this one has it all over other LSVs.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 07-07-2016, 10:26 AM
Veteran member

and it can hit speeds up to 40mph.......................
Old 07-07-2016, 10:58 AM
Veteran member

If you do not drive on the street and use cart paths, do you still have to be registered?
Old 07-07-2016, 11:02 AM

We have the Atomic and love it. You are welcome to PM us and give us a phone number and my husband can Tell you about it or you would be welcome to come see ours.
Old 07-07-2016, 12:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,382 Times in 2,325 Posts

As I recall, these are not allowed on golf courses, please check if your parents intend to use on the golf courses. No idea of the regulations using these on cart paths.
Old 07-07-2016, 12:51 PM
Sage

IIRC, they use AGM batteries. They are maintenance free lead-acid batteries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
Keep in mind, these are LSV which means that legally, they need to be registered and insured.

I'm sure there are some people that like this sort of thing, but personally, I want a golf cart to be a golf cart. I want to be able to open the windshield and feel the wind blow. I like it go 20-24 mph and not more. I do like the idea of maintenance free batteries. I assume that they are lithium ion batteries which I understand are currently available for all carts. In another four or five years when my batteries go I'll probably go with lithium.

You really shouldn't compare these to standard golf carts. They should be compared with the Gem and the Ford Think. They are really a different category of vehicle. If that's what your parents want, then it seems that this one has it all over other LSVs.
Old 07-08-2016, 05:47 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,138 Times in 1,360 Posts

How do they compare to the new Par carts?
Old 07-08-2016, 06:02 AM
Sage

I believe you need to pony up for different tires to use on the golf courses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
As I recall, these are not allowed on golf courses, please check if your parents intend to use on the golf courses. No idea of the regulations using these on cart paths.
Old 07-08-2016, 06:23 AM

Great little cart for the streets but they should not be allowed on the golf courses! The noise of the A/C compressor running all the time and the opening and closing of the doors can really disrupt what should be a peaceful round of golf. They also have no cover for the clubs so if it is raining, your club will get soaked. AND THEY ARE MADE IN CHINA!! BUY USA!
Old 07-08-2016, 08:04 AM

We just have a standard gas Yamaha cart, but even those can be fitted with the side doors and AC. If that's what they would like. I would absolutely get seat belts, but best to let them pick out their extras. That is how you personalize a cart.

And may I say....what a nice Kid!!!
Old 07-08-2016, 11:00 AM
Platinum member

I don't think the Atomic ones need to be street legal. saw one in a parking lot today and it didn't have a license plate on it.
Old 07-08-2016, 11:23 AM

Just read the above replies. These carts are golf course legal if set up by the dealer, they are not LSV unless set up by dealer, they will Not go 40mph unless set up by the dealer if requested by buyer. These are usually set up to comply with Village golf cart regulations unless the buyer requests it set up for street legal. Then you have to have license and insurance.
Closed Thread

Tags
cart, dad, thoughts, cost, owners

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.