Does This "Doggy" Comment Sit Well With You?

Closed Thread
Old 05-11-2018, 08:44 PM
Veteran member
Wink Ho-Hum (yawn)

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
You love animals deeply, purely, passionately, and I think that is a good thing. Some others don't love them like you do. There has been too much hateful banter on this forum today. In my humble opinion.

Your comment is well-taken as is what CFrance has said in some of her posts. The banter always seems to turn hateful when the topic has anything to do with pets. The hateful ones are so unnecessary and there are too many of them. They are not helpful.

Most dog owners are not unconscious (present company included) and we do the best we can. Our dogs are leashed and we pick up after them when they "go" -- at home and otherwise. Then there are the limited few you simply want to choke, such as the woman at Walmart in a previous post.

We do not have sidewalks in any of the neighborhoods and dog parks are few; most owners have to drive to one. We do not have fenced yards, so taking your dog for a walk is virtually, the only exercise readily available.

Walking a dog on the 100+ degree blacktop is not an option without shoes or for any pet. Walking along the edge of someone's grass is not going to kill it. If someone lets their dog continually relieve them self on someone's lawn, then YES -- you have an issue and should deal with the pet owner. However, an accident is an accident so lighten up! It's doubtful there would be any damage and if so, it isn't permanent. It takes a lot of ongoing pee to kill a shrub!

Many of the angry posters on this thread have not even experienced any of the problems they are bringing up. So -- can we let sleeping dogs lie????
Old 05-11-2018, 09:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetruth View Post
It was mentioned about horses. Actually it not at all the same. A horse eats plant matter-grass, grain. You cannot catch diseases from it.

Dogs on the other hand eat meat and can transfer diseases. Others have suggested having YOUR DOG releive itself on YOUR PROPERTY. First of all tyhe dog due to INSTINCT will not go where it lives. THE DOG BY NATURE-SAME AS YOUR NEIGHBORS KNOWS IT IS UNSANITARY.

I like dogs. I do not own one.

FOR ALL OF US-A my dad used to say, YOUR RIGHTS END WHERE THE OTHER PERSONS RIGHTS BEGIN. Simple line that answers the most complex issues. RESPECT THE RIGHTS OF YOUR NEIGHBORS.
Just to mention that all caps means that you are yelling. [emoji3]

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
Old 05-11-2018, 10:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chi-town View Post
just to mention that all caps means that you are yelling.
Quote:
SAY WHAT?

Last edited by ColdNoMore; 05-11-2018 at 10:09 PM.
Old 05-12-2018, 03:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,175 Times in 441 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
But it's also not allowed by TV.
Sign is small, never a complaint, Yet!!!!
Old 05-13-2018, 07:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,033 Times in 2,522 Posts

IMO the pet forum should be deleted like the political forum or renamed the DOG HATE forum. AND NO I DONT HAVE PET ANYMORE AND I NEVER GO ON PRIVATE PROPERTY without premission or going straight to front door? You're not going to change pet owners by posting you're opinion on how nasty they are by posting here, they probably don't even visit this site? Now chew on that for awhile.
Old 05-13-2018, 07:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,943 Times in 796 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
IMO the pet forum should be deleted like the political forum or renamed the DOG HATE forum. AND NO I DONT HAVE PET ANYMORE AND I NEVER GO ON PRIVATE PROPERTY without premission or going straight to front door? You're not going to change pet owners by posting you're opinion on how nasty they are by posting here, they probably don't even visit this site? Now chew on that for awhile.
Although I sometimes have a bone to pick with you on things, not this time.
Old 05-13-2018, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
Most dog owners I know pick up after their pooch. At least the poop.
Exactly how many would that be? It's probably less than .01 % of all dog owners in the Villages!
Old 05-13-2018, 12:48 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tagjr1 View Post
Exactly how many would that be? It's probably less than .01 % of all dog owners in the Villages!
Could be that Tal has a low percentage of exposure to TV pooper scoopers. However, there are so many of us spread out all over TV that have his same experience, I'd suggest that your conjecture doesn't hold up when applied across the board.

We responsible dog owners keep an eye out for the abusers. In my own area, there are emails sent around by "the mayor" whenever stuff is not picked up. Residents keep an eye out for offenders and offer a bag.

Many of us will even pick up what others have left behind.

Come live in Tamarind Grove or Biscayne Villas. It's pristine.
Old 05-13-2018, 12:57 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tagjr1 View Post
What a joke.
Old 05-13-2018, 01:46 PM
Veteran member

I agree with the OP. and have no issue with the pertinent post. And as far as friendly dogs: I have a 4" scar on my thigh I received as a child from a large, "She's only being friendly," dog when I inadvertently stepped on her foot. In my opinion, I have seen far too many village dog owners that are inconsiderate to non-animal aficionados.
Old 05-13-2018, 02:04 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFSkol View Post
I agree with the OP. and have no issue with the pertinent post. And as far as friendly dogs: I have a 4" scar on my thigh I received as a child from a large, "She's only being friendly," dog when I inadvertently stepped on her foot. In my opinion, I have seen far too many village dog owners that are inconsiderate to non-animal aficionados.
OP was not even talking about dogs being friendly or not, biting or not.

I find a lot of the time it's the people who have had run-ins with dogs in the past who are complaining about any dog activity in TV, be it picking up poop or whatever. Oftentimes their response is escalated into a situation that doesn't even occur in TV and is off topic.

You state you "inadvertently" stepped on a dog's foot when you were a child. Is there more to the story. Now you indicate that dogs in TV are not friendly.

I "innocently/inadvertently" was trespassing through someone's backyard on the way home from school in the 5th grade, when their boxer bit me on the knee.

There's a whole lot of difference between someone's dog biting you and some dog's owner neglecting to pick up after them. I'd like to see the facts: how many dogs have attacked how many Villagers in how many years.
Old 05-13-2018, 02:34 PM
Veteran member

My incident occurred in the 60's on the Atlantic City boardwalk. Hardly private property. There were a few friendly dog posts mentioned further in this thread, hence my decision to include my encounter. You misconstrue that I inferred that dogs attack people in the villages. Based upon my aforementioned experience any," friendly" dog that advances to someone, albeit a sniff or soliciting a pet is an invasion of personal space. That has occurred to me on many occasions as I frequent the squares. I was commenting on the OP's inconsiderateness of some dog owners irregardless of whether it is poo, ****, or leashing.

Last edited by SFSkol; 05-13-2018 at 02:36 PM. Reason: regardless of correctness
Old 05-13-2018, 03:02 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFSkol View Post
My incident occurred in the 60's on the Atlantic City boardwalk. Hardly private property. There were a few friendly dog posts mentioned further in this thread, hence my decision to include my encounter. You misconstrue that I inferred that dogs attack people in the villages. Based upon my aforementioned experience any," friendly" dog that advances to someone, albeit a sniff or soliciting a pet is an invasion of personal space. That has occurred to me on many occasions as I frequent the squares. I was commenting on the OP's inconsiderateness of some dog owners irregardless of whether it is poo, ****, or leashing.
You were a child in the '60s?

My experience with dogs in TV is that they do not want to socialize with you (sniffing or soliciting a pet) unless they are a golden retriever. I think you had a bad experience with a dog that has put you off.
Old 05-13-2018, 03:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

I think the problem of irresponsible dog owners in TV...could be solved fairly easily.

Simply require all dog owners...to register the DNA of their dog's poop.

DNA registry may put dog-poop deniers to the test

Quote:
An American company is hoping to bring its PooPrints Dog DNA registration to Vancouver. It works with property management firms to set up a DNA registry of tenants’ or owners’ dogs so that if someone says, “It’s not my dog’s poop,” there’s a way to find out if they’re telling the truth. Recalcitrant dog owners can be fined if it’s discovered it is indeed their dog’s poop on the bottom on someone else’s shoe.

The company says that when buildings sign up with the program, poop-and-scoop compliance rates rise dramatically.
I would think that the majority of dog owners who are responsible and always 'scoop poop' from their dogs...would even be for it.

It would easily identify those (I believe a minority here)...who don't bother picking up after their pooch.

I also think that those who would be against it, are mostly the ones...who are probably the culprits.

Old 05-13-2018, 03:29 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
I think the problem of irresponsible dog owners in TV...could be solved fairly easily.

Simply require all dog owners...to register the DNA of their dog's poop.

DNA registry may put dog-poop deniers to the test

I would think that the majority of dog owners who are responsible and always 'scoop poop' from their dogs...would even be for it.

It would easily identify those (I believe a minority here)...who don't bother picking up after their pooch.

I also think that those who would be against it, are mostly the ones...who are probably the culprits.

Yes, bring it on. We're tired of the blanket accusations.

Tags
dog, comment, yard, owners, dogs

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.