Neighbors upset over dogs peeing in street

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Old 02-27-2020, 07:33 AM

As a responsible dog owner who lives in TV, this is I how handle it....my dog pees and poops only in my yard, I'm sure my neighbors would not appreciate my dog using their manicured lawns as her private bathroom! When I walk the dog, we golf cart to an area where she can go and I can pick it up. I can't imagine my girl peeing in the street...ever.
Old 02-27-2020, 07:38 AM

To kill 2 bids with one stone, lets ban dogs, they do not pay amenity fees!
Old 02-27-2020, 07:44 AM

Wow! Neighbors are upset if the dog pees in their yard and now upset if it pees in the street area. These are some people that just want to be upset.
Old 02-27-2020, 08:04 AM

Following the incredible importance of barring dogs from peeing in the street due to the health issues, the crumbling of our infrastructure and its impact on meteor attraction, I have grown increasingly concerned...to the point of absolute fright...about birds pooping on the streets whilst flying overhead. It seems to me that this is a matter of the utmost importance and The Villages should buy drones to otherwise direct these birds to do their business only over the many lakes we have in The Villages.

As you can see, I only want to focus on issues that are of the greatest concern to our wonderful citizens of the Villages!
Old 02-27-2020, 08:25 AM

Wow! “Damned if you do and damned if you don’t!” Some people are never happy.
Old 02-27-2020, 08:27 AM

You should take a mop and bucket and Pinesol with to clean up afterwards.
Old 02-27-2020, 08:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,986 Times in 870 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmb727 View Post
When I was a kid, my neighbors put down a 6x8 foot area with pavers in the back corner of their yard. I know this because I used to mow their yard (back when kids mowed yards). They put a few bushes around it and trained the dogs to go there. Seemed like it made cleanup easier and cured the muddy paw issue when it rained. OK, I am now ready for all the negative responses, let them fly !!!
Yes. I had something similar, a nice large sandbox (for large dogs) in my backyard. My husband built a 5 foot fence for our young children and another fenced off area for the dogs.

I do feel that people who are lazy and don’t want to take their dog to a designated place, or can’t provide for their own pets, should not have pets. They refuse or can’t take accountability for an animal that relies completely on them. And it is not fair to the animal.

I realize as one grows older the pet may become more and more valuable but it is a live being with needs and if one can’t take care of it, and won’t hire someone to help take care of it .....

Perhaps we could have (or maybe we have it already) a volunteer organization to help people out with their pets if they can’t do it themselves.
Old 02-27-2020, 09:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,108 Times in 527 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by raney3099 View Post
It’s so hard to believe this is even a conversation. People here really have too much time on their hands to comment on where dogs pee. It’s hilarious!
You haven't been around very long... just wait!
Old 02-27-2020, 09:35 AM

Seriously, the friendliest hometown, has become the whiniest hometown. There is no end of things people find to complain about. So many activities to choose from, and this is what they do instead.
Old 02-27-2020, 09:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,986 Times in 870 Posts

I thought part of the mission of this forum is to help each other with problems we are facing. I don’t see that calling it “whining” or complaining is helpful in any way. If one doesn’t want to hear about a problem, just don’t read the thread.

Last edited by Velvet; 02-27-2020 at 11:02 AM.
Old 02-27-2020, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bospofan View Post
As a responsible dog owner who lives in TV, this is I how handle it....my dog pees and poops only in my yard, I'm sure my neighbors would not appreciate my dog using their manicured lawns as her private bathroom! When I walk the dog, we golf cart to an area where she can go and I can pick it up. I can't imagine my girl peeing in the street...ever.
Well you sure seem like the ideal neighbor, I agree, my dog, my yard, your dog, your yard, it’s really pretty simple.
Old 02-27-2020, 10:57 AM
Location: Air Force brat, mostly raised in New England.Buying a house in Woodbury Village.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeyephan View Post
As a courtesy to my neighbors, I always walk my dog in the street so she doesn’t go on their lawns. I have a baggie to pick up any messes. Even though I give her the chance to relieve herself on our lawn before we leave, sometimes nature calls during the walk.
I also walk my dog without allowing her to potty on my neighbor's lawns. I did this before I moved to TV and will continue to do so. I give her the opportunity to potty on my own lawn before and after our walks. She has never actually gone IN the street, but also, has never tried to get on someone else's lawn while on a walk. I think there are much worse things you could walk through and subsequently bring into your house without worrying about dog pee. The OP should be thankful the neighbor isn't letting their dog out at night to poop on neighboring lawns (and not picking up after them) as I have dealt with.
Old 02-27-2020, 11:44 AM

Let me tell you, this is NOT a laughing matter. I live on a street where people have let their dogs pee in the street, for whatever their reason, and our street is now one ugly road full of dark circles! It seeps into the roadway and becomes a permanent, and very ugly stain.
Old 02-27-2020, 11:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,975 Times in 915 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
I thought part of the mission of this forum is to help each other with problems we are facing. I don’t see that calling it “whining” or complaining is helpful in any way. If one doesn’t want to hear about a problem, just don’t read the thread.
Where did you pick that up?
Old 02-27-2020, 11:49 AM
Default Dog peeing in street.

My dog prefers to pee on the edge of the sidewalk. I carry a bottle of water and rinse it away. I also always pickup her poop.
She is potty pad trained at home but when out on our daily walk she relieves herself. Pet owners could be considerate of others by just cleaning up after their pets. This would help non pet owners from getting upset. I understand those who don't like yellow spots in their yards.
I will be moving into the Villages soon. I walk my dog with a stroller. She rides & walks. Before anyone makes comments there is a reason for the stroller. I have lung issues which my doctor said I should walk daily. If it is too hot or cold my dog wants to be carried. I can't carry her along with walking. Hence I put her in the stroller. Also when I get tired I have balance issues. The stroller is for me not my dog. My dog insists on her daily walk so she gets me out daily unless it is raining.
Sometimes people make comments not thinking there maybe a reason people do things.
Since people with pets see me they have bought a stroller because their dog is old or for another reason that helps them be with their pet plus get some exercise.
It does help to think before we speak.
Closed Thread

Tags
neighbors, grass, upset, owners, dogs

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.