Neighbors upset over dogs peeing in street

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Old 02-27-2020, 11:55 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
I'm not especially concerned with lawns in general, as I've posted many times previously. A yellow spot on my - or anyone else's - lawn - is not of any importance to me at all.
Well, YOU'RE not concerned about MY lawn so I guess it's ok then.
Old 02-27-2020, 12:03 PM
Gold member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todayscoolfacts View Post
Neighbors in Wildwood are upset over some dog owners training their dogs to pee in the road instead of the grass.

The owner's reasoning was dog pee turns the grass yellow/ kills it. What do you think? Is it worth the upset or are the owner's being considerate of their neighbor's grass?
Just a question! Are you complaining or wondering how they trained their dogs to go in street? It’s better than yellow spots on grass or killing your bushes. Not trying to be a wise guy, but this sounds great!
Old 02-27-2020, 12:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,986 Times in 870 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Where did you pick that up?
From reading daily for almost a year now. If it is not, then I live in hope.
Old 02-27-2020, 01:26 PM
Default Simple solution

new rule to be established "Dogs must wear diaper"

see simple solution and no more need to carry poop bag either.

Now our streets are safe from erosion/corrosion/implosion and wet spots.
Old 02-27-2020, 02:20 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bospofan View Post
As a responsible dog owner who lives in TV, this is I how handle it....my dog pees and poops only in my yard, I'm sure my neighbors would not appreciate my dog using their manicured lawns as her private bathroom! When I walk the dog, we golf cart to an area where she can go and I can pick it up. I can't imagine my girl peeing in the street...ever.
we do the same, & you can tell if a pet pees on their own lawn due to all the dead plants & lawn spots LOL. i saw this story & firmly believe it's one of those tiny things that gets blasted out of proportion to create interesting news/click bait. it's all a non-issue & really deserves no further attention from any of us
Old 02-27-2020, 03:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,986 Times in 870 Posts

In my area, people spend hundreds, I spend thousands of dollars on my yard per year to keep it healthy and attractive. Mostly to make it nice as the rest of my neighborhood. To replace parts of the lawn is a lot of work and expense and I’d like to see the dog owner saying, “I’ll compensate you for the damage my dog did to your yard.” Until that is the case, I think people have a valid reason to be interested.

As a dog owner, I also prefer not to make my considerate and kind neighbors upset.
Old 02-27-2020, 05:06 PM

Really important?
Royal Air Force Benson, England
Eielson Air Force Base, AK, Clark AFB, Philippines
Kadena AFB, Okinawa Japan, Yakota AFB, Japan
Osan AB, Pyeongtaek, South Korea, Yangsan Army Garrison, Seoul South Korea
Old 02-27-2020, 08:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,022 Times in 312 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich42 View Post
Let me tell you, this is NOT a laughing matter. I live on a street where people have let their dogs pee in the street, for whatever their reason, and our street is now one ugly road full of dark circles! It seeps into the roadway and becomes a permanent, and very ugly stain.
So how do you feel when the trash truck on your street fills up and the driver decides to compact the trash towards the front of the truck and that oozy liquified garbage pours out of the truck onto your street or when the lawn care company truck applying liquid fertilizer, weed control or pest control leaks onto your street - what happens to those permanent, very ugly stains?

One of my "girls" occasionally stops short of my grass and pees on my driveway or pees in the street and I swear to whatever God you pray to that she has never left a "dark circle that became a permanent, very ugly stain".
For each of us, life is a journey. Where has your life taken you? Your entire life leads to the next step, the chance to define yourself by where you're headed, instead of where you stand. Today is the day you introduce yourself to your destiny.
Old 02-27-2020, 08:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,975 Times in 915 Posts

Always room for a quarterly dog poop/pee thread.
Old 02-28-2020, 08:04 AM

"when the lawn care company truck applying liquid fertilizer, weed control or pest control leaks onto your street "

Wasn't gonna comment on this thread until sI aw the above.

I suffer from COPD and have been diagnosed with ILD Interstitial Lung Disease (ILD): Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis, and Treatment I have a doctor signed document on file with the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services.

Chapter 482 F.S of Florida Pest Control Law, requires that the FDACS maintain a current registry of persons who require prior notification of the application of pesticides.

To restate, that law requires that those companies who spray noxious compounds in the air check with the FDACS before application and notify property owners within a 1/2 mile distance from their property.

I have asked the gentlemen doing the application near my house, not one company does the checking.
The Village Rockers is now forming. Stay "tuned" for further details about this new club for musicians, singers and spectators. Send us your name and email address. We will put you on our email list for news, updates, meeting times and playdates.
Old 03-09-2020, 12:52 PM

Perhaps indwelling catheters are in order? Dogs pee. Dogs over-pee; they MARK. Will someone please say this imbecilic topic is a goof?
Honestly, the climate of this once stable nation is spiraling in a scary way.
Peeing on streets? Ugghhh.

Huzzah!

Last edited by Moderator; 03-09-2020 at 03:42 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
neighbors, grass, upset, owners, dogs

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.